Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70691
70691, (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 10 21:54:12 2008

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Cagana perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:33
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:56
70693, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by Silverpaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On the day of freedom, month of heat...lol
I had messed her way to long ago and decided to carry her out not realizing she was really a lost cause. I needed to be more self-dependent but I wasnt and have realized that there is a lot area wise I need to learn. I also did not think much about my pk'ing and lost lots of my fights for simply just not being prepared or watching out like I should. I expect to be bantered for whatever reason but this isn't the last of me Ill learn and get things right so that my chars to follow are excellent. To all those who I have met and have GOOD memories to reflect on Im looking foward to hearing them and Goddess Yean you made my time awesome and Ill never forget it.
70694, Couple of things.
Posted by Griz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all let me say I think your animation and personality is commendable. The character had life. Even if you were nearly always quasi-ooc it was easy to be around you.

Butcha can't be slinging spells around a battlerager free and clear. If you just HAVE to cast armor, walk out of the room and cast it or wait for them to sleep. Now let me be clear, casting Armor around a Rager doesn't make you wrong, Griz has a couple of extremly/very/ultra specific execptions to magic, (Armor cast by a ranger on themselves being one of them) but not the Wasp spell. That was the second time it happened with you and Griz so he had to go. I the player wanted very badly to rank, but had to pull the plug to remain true to being a Battlerager.

I think keep your vibrance, but file down your OOC speak about specifice gear on specific mobs in specific areas and you'll be gold.

Those ranks you were in are BITCHES for all my rangers. I was stuck forever between 30 and 35.

GLWYN

Griz

70697, RE: Couple of things.
Posted by silverpaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ill take your advice to heart. And yes those ranks would have been more tolerable if I had taken proper time to hone pk'ing skills.
70705, I avoid PK and focus on power ranking to 35
Posted by Griz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For wilderness Familiarity, then it's easier to find mobs you can rank on AND practice on.

If sparing is what you mean I usually don't have a hard time with any character finding a sparring partner. and it's a good way of learning the affects of your skills.

Boy that snake you threw at me bit off all 10 of my toes and 2 of my fingers! (An IC reference to a -12 dex loss)

That might also give you time for the banter you like.
70710, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Couple things

1.) Don't talk smack to evil god, he can do worse things than killing you.
2.) Don't keep talking smack to evil god after he had you killed.
3.) Preach at evil god at your own risk.
4.) Syphillis has some funny echoes.

After being forced to smack around an obvious newbie (as role dictates mind you) I watched you a bit. Not too bad. I totally give you props for effort.

Your pk stuff probably would have been better if you weren't in town every time I saw you.
70711, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by Jakziim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You said when you deleted you would say why I would have ties to you. Care to explain now?
70712, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by Nymeria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nymeria Snow you should as Lady Raiyhn might say is you could spot out a newb anywhere...it was just we left so abruptly and you were a part of my role just wanted to check on you
but you were right about the gear thing I rely on people to much I for the most part have rp, down exploration is my main focus now. But as I said in vets eyes these can be crappy chars that dont deserve the title of newb but with each one I learn so much and will continue on this game.
70713, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by Jakziim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm by no means a vet, but I do try to be consistent. I know it is hard because you meet a bunch of people with one character and you want to continue your relationship with them, but you have to start fresh each time you roll a new character.

If your cabal mates get you some good gear, that's cool, but don't let that be a crutch. You don't need midnight gear to be good a pking, you just need to keep trying and trying until you figure out what you are capable of and who you are capable of killing.

70767, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh..I got the feeling that you didn't understand the religion at all, and was sorta throwing anything you could think about my spheres to try and hit something. That was why I sent you off to go learn from the older guys too. Could see you were trying though, and it was good effort, so props for that!
70773, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cagana the Stalker in the Woods
Posted by SIlverpaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yah I didnt because strength is such a broad sphere I have enilith saying to basically have others to do dirty work and you saying to take challenges on own so I tried to grasp knowledge from all the gods and tell you what I learned...but anyways she is dead but I liked what you had to teach and was thinking of making an empowerd char down the line but wanted to know more on your sphere, you dont really have your own part of the forum like other gods but would like to learn more on your three spheres.
70823, 'Ask an Immortal' Board
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Feel free to ask me questions if you've any using that board!