Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=7050
7050, (DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 16 21:12:02 2002

12 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Long Shadows on the Theran calendar Carfeum perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:172
PK Ratio:0% (closer to 100% is better)

7051, Sure was fun
Posted by rot_death on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

and why wouldn't it be ?
Always good ot have a entropy healer about
I did thinkyour idea of entropy was a bit diff
but wth is all the more fun !

Luck for whats next :)

Bethrella
7052, RE: (DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Posted by Carfeum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Figure I should post something here. I don't really disagree with why I got uninducted and unempowered...I was pretty disillusioned with Entropy by then anyways. This was one of my comeback chars after a 5-6 year break from CF and I can say that I'm pretty disappointed with what Entropy has become. It's more like a religion now with everyone of sphere Sloth sitting around. Which is fine, but it's not for me. The shifting in balances of power and raiding is what makes the game fun...I understand the argument about raiding being too organized for Entropy but I still think it's a shame. I guess when Sylvan came along Entropy was kind of marginalized. Entropy was my favorite cabal back in the day and it still probably is today, I just wish it could be made more of a force in Thera again. Perhaps another cabal could be created opposite of Entropy as the Tribunal and Sylvans fight each other now. Anyway, for the record I think I did a lot more for chaos (and I don't necessarily mean anarchy) for the realms than anyone else in Entropy and I wish that Grumorum had given me more of a chance instead of constantly treating me like #####. It's cool though, I don't really expect anything more from the IMMS. Well let me give some goodbyes...

Lintronea - You were probably my chars best friend, and also are a great friend of one of my other heros. I think it's just a matter of me being up at 4 am and you living in Austrailia or something. It's a shame it had to end but I am sure we will always travel together as long as I play the game as our times seem to match to well. In the meantime I'm going to take a break from playing empowerment chars

Brindelbik - Sorry I wussed out and didn't save you that one time, I'm not going to let that kind of thing happen again...hope we can meet in one of your new carnations

Krivohan - The journey to hell was fun...my first time going there. You could probably tell. Sorry to annoy you about the necklace but I'd heard good things about and everyone else was lootmongering. Would have liked to travel there again, yes on some other night than Tyson-Lewis, but it looks like it's going to be with someone else than Carfeum if at all. Thanks for bringing me, all and all I probably should have gone scion since that's who I was friends with it seemed.

Bethrella - We travelled lots. Good times. 'Nuff said.

Adrigondra - Even though I already said goodbye to you have to mention you again...like I said, no one can rank as fast as we were by the end.

Cariatid - Went on a couple journeys to gather some gear, good times

Kahlrav - Have to mention you too little buddy. Yea maybe I shouldn't full loot level 15s when I am a level 51 fully decked but it's fun. Read Pico's post in his forum and he talks about leading agro mobs to all the gates of Thalos. Harassing and killing lowbies is fun! At some point along the way the imms decided to make things easier on the lowbies and there went disperse. Also even Thrym has been "fixed" most likely thanks to me. I know chaos and anarchy are not the same and I know that getting killed along the eastern road when you're rank 10 isn't very fun...but these are some of the major aspects that makes the game entertaining when you are a chaos monger. I don't understand why things have been softened up to the ridiculous degree they have been.

Alright, well all of my ranting will probably make the imms think "that guy is a jackass, I'm glad we kicked him" but I just wanted to give my thoughts. Entropy is still my favorite and I will likely go back eventually, but I am disappointed at what it's become. Maybe make entropy a religion instead of a cabal and create an anarchy cabal instead? I don't know, but everyone with sphere Sloth sitting around not doing anything because of RP reasons gets kind of old after a while. Peace.

-Carfeum
7055, I couldn't agree more - on the entropy part nt
Posted by Vaustrien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
7054, RE: (DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Posted by Grumorum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While you are more than welcome to e-mail me and/or the other entropy imms personally to discuss the matter further, I will not go into the rather unfortunate details surrounding this particular instance.

Suffice it to say, you over reacted. More than a little.

Nevertheless, I actually didn't hate your character as much as you may (want to) believe. You screwed up, but generally everyone in my religion does at one time or another. And I typically let them know.
So once again, e-mail me if you wish to discuss the matter further. If not, good luck on your future endeavors.

7053, RE: (DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Posted by Neat! on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Anarchy Cabal would be a great addition... They would stand for toppling the governments and luring aggro beasts to Temple square at the temple of the moon...

Once got whacked by a sea dragon just off the Hamsah Mu'tazz docks, was that your doing or some other joker?
7056, RE: (DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Posted by Kahlrav on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Noooooo. My very own pocket healer :P. It was fun kicking ass at level 15 or something when you were with me. Perhaps a bit unfair to people who actually got killed. What the ##### was up with your looting policy though?!?!? I hope you enjoyed the bloodbaths. Atleast I did.
7057, RE: (DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Posted by Lardovian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, after the one and only time we traveled I must say I'm not surprised of you deleting.
Though the last tantrum you threw was a bit too much for my RP-sense even though I understand what it must have felt like.

Ah well, hope to see you back in some shape or another.
7058, RE: (DEL) Carfeum the Tainted Expectation
Posted by Lintronea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No!!!

Well, we had good times together, that's for sure. I think I understand at least a few of the events that led up to this and have to agree that some of it is BS. It sure was nice having a healer I could count on to show up whenever needed. Take care granter of stinkiness.