Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Rhaluu the Grand Elder of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70404
70404, (DELETED) [None] Rhaluu the Grand Elder of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 31 01:49:55 2008

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Rhaluu perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:65
70421, Thanks for the fights
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was interesting, if difficult dodging you while running around trying to avoid the rest of the Scion horde =(

Bad luck with that teleport, yo, see you in the fields again
70413, Enjoyed our traveles together
Posted by Tollrik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did not get to see you in any pk action but you were a beast everytime I traveled with ya.

Hope to see you in the fields again soon.
70409, Not a smart idea to piss of the leader of the cabal you want to join...
Posted by Chancellor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did want to give you at least a somewhat decent chance, however, before I undertook the entire interviewing you. But you did piss me off while you were in the lower levels. I thought you had a decent chance against Sarach, and there were some underlying issues and reasons why I specifically chose Sarach.

I also looked at your log against Sarach. If you timed your rakes and utilized some dispel magic, I think you could've gotten him.

Anyways, good luck with your next one.
70411, To answer your question, Rhaluu I thought you were a Tribunal.
Posted by Camridarinil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I attacked you outside the Fortress so I had a chance to retrieve. I was half right, in that you did show up at the captain when you unghosted and raped me.
70414, Dispel magic
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yhorian alert.

I have not seen one instance in hundreds and hundreds of shifter char fights where it is beneficial to revert and try to remove the dispellable spells. This is a straight up one vs one-prepped vs prepped fight. (Unless it is to trap someone) Simply removing haste or stoneskin, is not enough. The dispelled shifter can simply flee and enliven them. The dispelling shifter(provided he does not have a regen form) is now that much weaker in the ensueing battle.

I am not refering to casting over quicksand, while said shifter is cursed, etc.

Revert...cast dispel magic....take 3 to 4 rounds of damage(usually resulting in 20-30% loss of hp.

I cant think of ONCE that I have ever been worst off after a shifter has tried to revert and dispel me while in form.

I 'might' have fought your current char a few times, so am just saying....
70416, I know why I died.
Posted by Rhaluu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I typed furor for some stupid reason. I knew it was stupid when I did it.

My point remains that there is no way I could kill sarach in any terms that were 'equal' solo. I mean, if I used any abs in the fight we did have he would have been gone long before. Or in any fight where I could have won he would be gone. killing a competent transmuter is not easy. Hoesntly, I dont even see how kharnial could do it without scion powers working certain stuff on that transmuter.

All that aside--It was my task. Yours to give. I failed. Death then resulted in complete failure I found out so on so we move on.
70417, Not to refute you...
Posted by Chancellor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are the great lightmage after all, the person that every shifter wants to be like (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)..

I've had plenty of shifter/shifter shifter/muter battles and dispel works like a charm for me.

Might be the tiger form. Just saying that in between the failed neuro, a revert, dispel, shift rake would've worked well (I think that's 2 rounds, and with rake, another round of lag).
70418, RE: Not to refute you...
Yeh. Not trying to come across as know-it-all. I just honestly have never found one advantage or have been put at a disadvantage when a shifter reverts and tries to dispel. Especially with the lag associated with shifting, dispeling, coupled with lag added by physical damage/weapon effects, spells effects, bite bleed lag.

There are proably some nepenthish situations where you want a piece of equipment to prog or whatever.

Just aint worked or done anything for me.

Keep doing what you are doing. I think Kharnial rocks.

70420, Did you know that the dire wolf can trip now? n/t
Posted by Random Person on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
feels like a nicely exploitable situation to me.
70422, Good point. Never played a dire wolf yet. n/t
n/t
70408, NOO! That ain't good at all! :(
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed our little chat we had last time we saw eachother. Was hoping that we'd get something cool going. Had some cool ideas when I figured your RP out.
70406, RE: (DELETED) [None] Rhaluu the Grand Elder of Changelings
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry man. I knew you were having a rough night, so I felt a little guilty about stalking you, but decent assassinate opportunities are so few and far between for me that I just couldn't pass it up. You had the right idea wording/teleporting out of Galadon, but then you showed up on Eastern Road 2 minutes later.

Was it all the deaths, or were you just not happy with your forms?
70407, No.
Posted by Rhaluu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Jaguar was interesting but pulling off the ambush was difficult to set up. Probably a very nice form with sneak. So you'd want to be utility major and get it as your minor.

Wolverine i've had four times. If I roll a shifter I know i'm getting it. Its frenzy is nice. Rake is nice. But at Hero furor is pretty much worthless because anyone who is competent is going to wimpy and leave you with 4 round lag. It was very nice on a 30's snow badger though with the lynx that could wittle down. I probably should have stayed in the 30's and rack up 3x the kills I did. But it was a little overboard for what the majority of people in the 30's can seem to handle.

I had a task that was to kill Sarach solo without any help. I spent about four hours trying to set something up. But catching a transmuter that doesnt want to die is rather hard. Even harder to seal a kill or get one to stay when you are prepared. I just didnt really see how my combo could do it. Moreso seal it I should say. He did attack me though in hamsah eventually when I had no preperations. I stayed even though I geared completely to negate his neuro but I didnt have the firepower to win. I did get him near writhing though. My furor also did far less damage than my rake so that was my mistake in me not living and running or him wording. But I at least wanted to see what I could do and I died to see. Of course that means I failed my task knowing what I suspected from the start.