Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70361
70361, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jul 29 17:54:31 2008

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Warawl perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:115
70368, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Wind...
Posted by Sokka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. I really laughed (in a pathetic way) that time we both lost our corpses in the Wastelands. And for what it is worth, I thought you were respectable. As in I respected you. Didn't harass me too much, even when it was so painfully obvious that you could have. Good luck generating the next one.
70378, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Wind...
Posted by Warawl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, I can bet that I laughed just as much myself when I saw that I had ended up in the iceworms cave and was getting chewed up and couldnt flee out. I felt pretty guilty about that kill to be honest as I was actually intending to go and do some ranking, but when we got in saw you and that conjurer and I had actually been sitting with you two at the Ugruks fighting with myself not to hit you when you were writhing, thankfully he made you both invisible and you both got out it was just unfortunate that about 10 minutes later I came up on you and had someone else with me when I did.
Glad I didnt come across as an ass, and it was actually rather fun in a twisted way to be running around in circles lost looking for both our gear.
70362, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Posted by flatline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I had a blast with this character, learned alot with it, and hopefully didnt p*** too many people off. Those who interacted with me will probably be painfully aware that I am pretty much incompitent in a PK situation, though I would like to think that I have at least learned something with this run.
This is the first character that I have gotten up to this level and was hoping that it was going to be my first hero, but alas it was not to be, still, as I have read on more than one occasion, the fields are not done with me yet, and I reckon after a few days of dealing with stuff in real life will be back for another crack, see if I did acutally learn anything.
Anyways thanks to everyone that I interacted with in every situation, it was all fun that just added colour to the character for me.
70363, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hopefully I wasn't the cause of this. Ahtieli and I were at something of an impasse, and you were the only other evil online.
70365, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Posted by flatline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not in the slightest, it was more a case of not seeing where to go with the caracter to be honest, just could'nt get my head around how to continue with the role I had when I had written it as a little boy lost trusting no-one yet me as the player have a huge gap in the knowledge that I needed for him.
If I learned one thing with this guy it was to take death in my stride, as it happened to me rather regularly.
In short no hard feelings from me at all. When I head the trap go of and checked my where, I said to myself, well its over for you my son, heh, wish I could predict the lottery numbers like that.
70366, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's tough to pull off the loner evil outlander unless you can pk. That's the way it is and that's the way it's supposed to be. Evil outlanders are supposed to be completely self-sufficient. That's why they have a lot of leeway in regards to how they can act and react to situations. That being said, I am sure you did learn something from the experience. Some of your deaths were almost painful to watch. Don't chase warriors into the city at hero range as a ranger unless you are going in knowing you can seal the deal. Heh. I guess that's part of the learning curve. Next time you go evil, don't be evil because you get to have that swank (Red Aura). Do it because you are going to be one evil S.O.B. Good luck with the next.
70379, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Oh too right I learned plenty, or at least I think I did, suppose the next one will be the proof of that. And as for the alignment thing, my hope was to develop the character into a bit of a maniac, think I had the lack of concern for personal wellbeing down, but the rest just didnt seem to come, so even lessons learned there. Cheers for the feedback.
70367, No regrets
Posted by Jayundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you did fine, and I have no regrets inducting you. I felt like after our talks you progressed your rp to something that originally seemed very neutral in alignment to getting closer to evil without being cheesy about it.

I could see the little lost boy without making me think you were weak. As for the deaths, I didn't see any of them, and more importantly I didn't hear about them ;)

I hope you learned a lot and your next character is three times as much fun.
70380, RE: No regrets
>I thought you did fine, and I have no regrets inducting you.
>I felt like after our talks you progressed your rp to
>something that originally seemed very neutral in alignment to
>getting closer to evil without being cheesy about it.

To be honest it was only after our first chat that I was really put in the position where I had to really think about where I had written this guy to have come from, and really it helped me immensely, was trying to get that accross as best I could before I deleted. So thank you for breathing life into the character, I think that was part of the reason that I was playing him for as long as I was.

>I could see the little lost boy without making me think you
>were weak. As for the deaths, I didn't see any of them, and
>more importantly I didn't hear about them ;)

Heh, I really did loose count of the number of times I was running about as a ghost the past two days alone, it was sickening, but that in itself was not the reason behind deletion, just stagnation really. As for the little boy lost, I was toying with the idea of making Jay a mummy figure, to the point that when things were being asked over the cabal channel I would pretend to know then ask someone else what the hell was going on because I didnt want you to know I didnt know.

>I hope you learned a lot and your next character is three
>times as much fun.

Fingers crossed, have given a bit of thought to it, and with over a months leave still to go, should have plenty of time to flesh it out and get it running. Thanks agian.
70370, We didn't talk much
Posted by Some tribunal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I didn't know much about you. I am sure you were a good person. Attacking me at the Executioner solo is a little crazy though. I respect the courage but wow, that is nuts :)

I guess the only advice I can give with my limited knowledge, try to be a little more careful and always have some recall potions or staffs. I think I got you a couple times when you would attack the executioner, I would use that one big spell that hurt you alot, then you would flee. Since you didn't have a recall, I could chase you down and finish the job.

Its almost like when Jayundar slaughters me. No contest :)

Anyways, good luck.
70381, RE: We didn't talk much
Yeah, what can I say, when I came running up I actually took a deep breath, kinda knew in advance what the outcome was going to be and wasnt surprised when it came to pass, and when it did, I breathed out. Ach well, lessons learned. Sure we'll meet again some way or another.
70383, Enjoyed you.
Posted by Carintsei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It took massive balls for you to come fight me that last time. After you fled from our fight and left me fighting your beastcall (or whatever that animal was), I beat on him for a few seconds, and when you returned I fled out to wait out the dirt kick in my eyes so I could come back and retarget you. I was hugely surprised you actually came after me, considering I thought I was winning the fight.

Anyways, OOC, I'm sorry that you deleted because your char seemed to take his death in stride. IC, I was happy that there is now one less ranger in the woods to deal with. Still, I tried to convince you not to delete - evil ranger outlander is definitely a hard char to play well unless you're a professional CF'er - and even then, it's not a walk in the park.

70384, RE: Enjoyed you.
Dude, winning the fight? That is probably the understatement of the year, the first time we met I was lucky as hell not to die even after getting away, I was really just trying to pin you in place to keep you from retrieving, keep you buisy for a bit and all that.

The wolf was from the beastmaster path, didnt really see it much in pk because normally if it came I was pretty beat up, but thats life.
Yeah, like I said the big thing this character taught me was that death is just a minor obsticle at worst, so that was fun.

As for the deletion, it was just time, I knew that I couldnt pull it off, and once I had accepted that fact there was not much further I could take him, still, the couple of days I was planning to take off have lasted, oh, about half a day. Damn addictive game, still will see if I learned much from the last outing.

Thanks for the fun, was good.
70388, RE: Enjoyed you.
Posted by Silverpaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was sad to see you go before so soon after meeting you I was really looking foward to learning more of your rp and catching some of your pk's for some helpful hints. I must say from what you said about this being your first char that may have hit hero you had a leveled head on what needed to be known. Hope to see more of you in the realms.
70391, RE: Enjoyed you.
Cheers for that, it was actually the interaction I had with you that sounded my deathknell though, it made me realise that I just didnt have the evil that I needed in me for him, and that was pretty much the end of it.
As for the pk hints, I was abysmal, I think of the small handfull that I landed all of them were down to pure blind luck. You'll find far, far better out there to show you the ropes. Good luck with it, and if I have anything to pass on, it is just to stick with it, its surprising how you learn the best things from the worst losses.
70396, wow... this surprised me to see...
Posted by Namanrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Warawl... thought he was cool... tried to help.. think you would have done better at hero if you stuck it out, ate a few more deaths... I think you really would have come into your own after just a little more practice.

Anways... glad I was there for your attempt on Sarach ;)

take it easy.. good luck with next.

Namanrin
70405, RE: wow... this surprised me to see...
Heh, the feeling was more than mutual, there were times when I was running about feeling so vulnerable it was painful, then there were times I felt untouchable, the latter were normally when Namanrin was awake, and especially nearby.
I was totally aware of your willingness to help, and one of my regrets was not being able to continue the dynamic between the characters.
I think I was far more pleased you were about for my attempt on Sarach, yet again Namanrin saving me old fur.
Anyhoo, loved Namanrin both as the character and the player, just had a phenomenol vibe about him, keep it up.
70434, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Warawl the Warden of the Winds
Posted by Temph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gotta say I'm surprised at this as well, but then never had too much interaction with you but then you were evil and what not. Did have respect for you though and glad to have talked to you what little there was.