Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gahn the Sensei, Imperial Shadow Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70314
70314, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gahn the Sensei, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 27 15:40:05 2008

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Gahn perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:111
70327, Too bad
Posted by Dhaath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a fun fight when two of you mixed it up against two of us. Too bad I did not live to see the end of it :) Gahn appeared much more deadly than what you make him out to be and I would tread a bit more warily when you were around.
I was surprised you did not immediately kill me when I just killed Renkaide, and damn, did you give me such a fright when you strangled me. I was at 190 hp there, heh. I scooted away as fast as possible.

Empire is a bit weak in that there are not a lot of players with big meshing times. But when Krikar and Ierdikek and Asheg and all show up, it looks a bit different. Props to you for sticking out alone for so long.

Good luck with the Iraq deployment. Wear a helmet, wear a shield, perfect your defenses, and assassinate those terrorists. Good luck with the family situation as well. The communities' wishes are with you. See you in the fields.
70322, Aw, this sucks.
Posted by Utha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun running around with you for a bit, though I do understand the decision. Good luck with your next.
70315, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gahn the Sensei, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Iomahk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh. Wow. An unimpressive attempt at an Imperial and an assassin. It was pretty obvious, I'm sure, that I was new to both. I tried my best to learn what I could in the past 111 hours.. hopefully my next attempt will be better. I'm actually deploying to Iraq next month, and while I could have continued on, I just wasn't really feeling it anymore. Not that anyone would, but don't waste your time on a PBF - I think I had 4 pks total, including the one successful assassinate. Harmon was the lucky one to get that.

Hmm. Enlilth, you know what's up. Thanks for the opportunity and such.

Kreo.. You're cool. I noticed you said your wife and you have another two months? My wife is due in October. :P (Sadly, yes, that means I won't hold my son until I am back from Iraq)

Krikar - You're a beast. Keep on, keepin' on.

Other Blades - you guys were all good company for me being the only blade.

Those random Shadows that all left when the lameass thief got booted. Why? I don't understand what happened that morning, but basically it only seemed like you were all pals OOC. I can't imagine any roleplay reason that you would all VOCALLY challenge Enlilth's decision. But, you guys were right.. the Shadow Sect was severely weakened. But hey.. Empire'll swing back. . . right?

I didn't really interact too much with people.. just gathered donations and tried to kill people.. and then die. And die again. Ah well.. it was a ride.. can't exactly say it was a fun ride, but hey.

Gahn/Iomahk/Noldruk
70317, I really did enjoy interacting with you. To bad you deleted. txt.
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though I'll say a bunch more in my own deletion thread.

To bad dude, really gotta suck. Can't wait until the little bugger comes out!

Good luck in Iraq and on the baby!
70318, Be careful over there.
Posted by Myn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were ballsy in game. We mixed it up a few times, thanks for the fights.

ANyhow, good luck in Iraq and congrats with your son.

Take care.
70320, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gahn the Sensei, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope this isn't because of that stupid AFK kill I got on you.
70321, I thought it was funny
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When, in the middle of the fight, you boggled before fleeing. Yeah, I've felt like that a lot, too.

Assassins are a giant pain in the ass, sorry it didn't work out for you :(
70323, RE: I thought it was funny
Posted by Iomahk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah - I did that alot in fights, honestly. Either grunt, boggle, or mutter before fleeing.. basically I just couldn't stand how fast I would lose the fight. See, I'm so much a "warrior" type of player, that any other char just has an intense learning curve for me, and I'm stuck in the "Chaaarge!" mindset, and that's really not how most assassins should be played (atleast.. that's what I gathered from my sad experience). It's my downfall. I think that time in particular, I was confused at your immediate attacking of me when hidden, then figured you took Maelstrom and I guess that eyes power or whatever made you auto attack Imperials or something.

70325, RE: I thought it was funny
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I'm stuck in the "Chaaarge!" mindset...It's my downfall.

As Team Scion can attest, you're not the only assassin who suffers this particular flaw. Woe is Mizfara!
70337, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gahn the Sensei, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Those random Shadows that all left when the lameass thief got
>booted. Why? I don't understand what happened that morning,
>but basically it only seemed like you were all pals OOC. I
>can't imagine any roleplay reason that you would all VOCALLY
>challenge Enlilth's decision. But, you guys were right.. the
>Shadow Sect was severely weakened. But hey.. Empire'll swing
>back. . . right?

There was more to this than empire dogma. Those guys were headed another direction until Enlilth Anath'd one of them. Course, being evil empire imm, I don't really need a solid reason to toss someone.

Gahn coulda been a bigger risk taker. But dying repeatedly is how you learn to not die effectively sometimes. Stay safe in the desert the mud will be waiting when you get back. Not your best work, but you already know that
70340, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gahn the Sensei, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Ilmav on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved having you around as you somehow tanked better than me, even though I had 100% across the board on a dexy sword spec. You also actually would stick around to fight unlick "lameass" thief who left me to die more than once when I saved his ass... and then killed me with the ragers after he got booted without anathema. I really didn't get that crap.