Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Belar the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70251
70251, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Belar the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 24 12:59:21 2008

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Belar perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:78
70303, What? That's not fun.
Posted by Saerali on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, enjoy your new character...it's a shame though! You were fun to play with. Hope your next one's just as entertaining ;)
70269, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Belar the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel I should point out to all the people who complained about how hard it is to rank nowdays, what with the lower player count, etc...

Here's a guy who just came back to the game. So, not exactly a vet. He hero'd and got into a cabal inside 78 hours. This as a shifter, a class that, without a fourth-tier form, isn't the most sought after by ranking groups.
70272, Hogwash.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shifters are with out a doubt the fastest ranking classes out there.

Got PK'd and full looted? So what. Get a water skin and go rank some more!
70273, RE: Hogwash.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Uh. Healer. Transmuter. Just as independent of gear, and a lot more useful to most ranking groups. Both have 0xp penalty. Heck, you could throw in bard as well. Has a penalty, but also not dependent on gear (other than possibly instrument).
70274, RE: Hogwash.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Shifters are with out a doubt the fastest ranking classes out
>there.

Uh. I doubt. A shifter will be low on a lot of people's lists for a groupmate, all things being equal.
70275, I'm for ever looking for Defensive shifters when ranking
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Goods and Neutrals.

From 35 to hero nothing beats them for Goods and Neutrals.

Best groups I ever have are Defensive Shifter/Bard and Warrior/Invoker combo's.

Below 35 I'll take what I can get, but if you have the Hare, I'm there.

I point out Jepso (Or what ever his name is) as an example of metoric rise for some recent history. Par for the course though from what I see.
70279, RE: Hogwash.
Posted by Elerosse work on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My personal experience playing shifters does not agree with that.

What I do think you see with shifters more so then any other class is a general desire to rank more and rank faster by the shifter players themselves. Obviously this is because many people want to know what their major forms will be. But, this does not translate into shifters being easier to rank.

Just my two cents.
70268, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Belar the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Belar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I made this character to get back in the game after not playing for several years. It took me a little while to get into the swing of things, maybe that was apparent. Ultimately shifters were never really my cup of tea but an easy way to start playing again. Plus I don't like not being able to talk as much as I would as another class :P

Other than that, I would say the change to ABS is interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm leaning toward liking it. Now I'm working on another character with a role that is more fleshed out. See you guys in the fields!

70258, What? Why? How? Goddammit.
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about being less than helpful in some of the fights we had with other guys. I'll elaborate more in my goodbyes.

But dude! Your offensive form could run AND trip! Thats almost godlike! Why'd you delete, especially just after finding some more abs?!?!?!?
70252, What gives?
Posted by Kharnial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think with the proper abs, you would've done very well. During the short time after our preliminary battle, I could see a drastic increase of skill.

Hope you learned somethings.