Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Kanjiro the Legend of the Battlefield, the Less Than Truthful
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69980
69980, (DELETED) [None] Kanjiro the Legend of the Battlefield, the Less Than Truthful
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 17 15:07:01 2008

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Kanjiro perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Null
Cabal:None, None
Hours:221
69986, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kanjiro the Legend of the Battlefield, the Less Than Truthful
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I get the feeling this PBF would be worth $5.
70004, Purchased. nt
70045, Was it? nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
70049, I was robbed. nt
70052, RE: I was robbed. nt
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah. There are definitely things that I take note of with characters who act poorly in certain situations. And I don't always post them for every one to see because everybody has had a time or two where they just blew it. If the person acts the ass on the boards afterwards, then I may show them a thing or two... sometimes more if necessary... of what the I logged. I don't think this player is acting like an ass, so, I don't really see a reason to toss salt on the wound and post the errors.
70054, I'm confused...
Do you mean you have extra stuff logged that wouldn't normally appear in a PBF that you're not posting becuase the player is acting normal, or that there were negative imm comments in the PBF that normally would have appeared, but that you edited out?

Not bitching...just trying to figure out what you meant.
70061, Two kinds of comments
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Each player has a premium history, which is all things that we don't mind seeing on a PBF and then an immortal history, which only immortals ever get to see. We keep things here like prays we want another imm to see, requests to add xp or such, comments like "for some reason Kanjiro just attacked good guild guard" so it's documented for in case it becomes a problem. There are some things we need to keep track of that just aren't appropriate to publish for a pbf. In general, this type of history is not used much, as for obvious reasons we try and put the majority of comments in premium, since it encourages people to buy pbfs!

Hope that clears up another CF misconception. We don't edit histories before we publish them, we just try and use common sense about what we put where.
70066, RE: I'm confused...
99% of the time it's more practical for an immortal to tell the other immortals about something that isn't really Premium Battlefield History, just like Rayihn said. And then you have 1% of the time that the note might have something to do with doing something that falls in line with bleh that isn't PBF History either. And then, you have times where you notice something, don't think it's even really worth noting, but, you remember it and if it happens again, you bust them for it. And that's realm of the dead type stuff which we don't share anyway. But, if you have an entire lifetime of bleh, there are bound to be bleh comments in a history. And in Kanjiro's case, he had a melt down IC. He wasn't stellar, he made a few mistakes and crashed and burned. It all happened so fast, he deleted and there wasn't much to history.
70067, As an aside...
There are some great PBFs that haven't been bought yet. :)
70068, RE: As an aside...
Posted by Xanthrailles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why not release the names of the good ones? I'd much rather pay money for a good one.
70175, Ray's correct
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I do, however, plan to one day publish my personal logs. They would make great reading...excluding anything that happens in the Inn's cellar. *bleh....my eyes!*

eshval@carrionfields.com

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them. - Source unknown
70192, Hah!
I don't log things. But, if I did....EEEEWWWW! Damn Heralds!
70237, Haha, it's gonna be some astounding reading i believe!
Posted by Kanjiro San on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And may i know what was the reward for raiding Scion?
69985, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kanjiro the Legend of the Battlefield, the Less Than Truthful
Posted by Etielise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ick. Seemed like every single ounce of RP you had when our characters first met went right out the window near the end. Even so, the occasional explorations were pretty fun. I hope the next one can keep your interest better.
70008, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kanjiro the Legend of the Battlefield, the Less Than Truthful
Yup, mostly. I was never great at plain RPing, unless it was tied to some sort of action. Was fun to interact with you, though you are a herald! ;p I would love to repeat the experience, but i quit CF for good. Goodluck! :) :) :)
70025, You really got pissed from me stealing those things...
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't you?! Hahah I mean, common I'm a thief, Kingpin of Galadon... I'm bound to steal stuff from you if we ain't friends. Well, if you're unlucky or something. Not trying to be an ass.
70039, Damn thieves, lol
Sorry for bashing you down there, at the Inn. But i just could not hold byself from doing this, after you emptied all my pockets. ;) This character was going down slooowly in this way. Firstly i got an orc who was avoiding to fight and aiming for grappling heartseekers just to hoard them. After losing one of that to the orc i lost eagle-inscribed staff, and then you stole my spears. Well, it was all fun though, but lots of purple fog at the bar should give you a clue that some people are craving to bash some thieves. :) Be well and goodluck then, have fun!
70044, hahaha well, the spears...
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just wanted 1 spear, but I got the wrong one. Then you had logged out... Tried to sell it back to your friends but failed with that... So I sacced it so you could get a new one. heh
70030, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kanjiro the Legend of the Battlefield, the Less Than Truthful
But...it looks like your action-based RP got you turned neutral?
70041, I will answer you only when i see that my PBF is actually bought ;p
Well, aside from kidding... I was RPing a lot to be honest, and got some kudos applauds from some others IC'y. And probably spent more time than many forties fighting against inners of different cabals, if there was evils in my PK to defend. But in the end i actually done something rough. I was bored enough from CF already, and deleted my other characters to that point.

Many would like to disagree with me here, but i'm not going to argue. I just want to mention couple of things that i think was actually a reason for such an end. I'm not using to write roles, becouse i was always thinking it is the dumbest part of the game, from the very moment since it was implemented. Some sure enjoying it, and it is great, but no one supposed to force you to do it, right? As far as you stay in alignment/sphere basics. In the end of Kanjiro's life i wrongly interpreted some information about some shifter, that appeared to be biggest bitch that i ever met on CF. And of course i get align cracked for (Actually, for what exactly? Good guys can never do something wrong by mistake? But no one died there.) that. And so i deleted, becouse it is obvious that no one is going to roam around shrines, begging imms to fix it. I mean, is CF a virtual rehab for junkies or PK mud after all?
70042, RE: I will answer you only when i see that my PBF is actually bought ;p
Posted by ggcorbs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was that shifter, and you were an ass. First you ask someone if I was evil they said NO yet you kill my guild guard and try to kill me.... maybe try a scan or maybe get detect evil it's way OP =) then you start with how I wined when I said I hope the lords take pitty on you then you put me on ignore then I spoke with the tribbys got my witnesses and BAM you got a title and wanted =) gg see ya around.
70075, Lets clear it out
I was very wrong, and you were an ass exactly. I should have asked for an excuse in any common situation, but you started bitching and the only feeling i had reamining is to frown upon it. Not that i remember anyone around to witness anything for you IC'ly too.

Kan was a lawful good warrior, a pious knight of some sort. With a sphere of WAR to make it worse. And you know, there is no more generic ass than a classic L/G paladin of AD&D series. I should have taken macho flaw for RP reasons too. ;)
70076, fix spelling
>no more generic ass than a classic L/G paladin of AD&D series.

...no bigger ass than a...

heh
70242, As that Imm who did the stuff.
Let me say, there were two of us watching the whole thing. And what Kanjiro did, not the victim, was bad enough to be titled, lose their specs and change their alignment in one keystroke, but, we don't have a one keystroke means of doing all that. :P But, you did earn it!
70264, Man, i'm not a fighter for sooth, but i just hate any snide aimed at me.
As much as attempts to fit personal OOC attitudes into IC matters. I wrongly got information on that guy from some other guy, you should know what i'm talking here. And i'm not trying to defend my actions anyhow for several reasons, including a thought that it would be a waste too. But if someone using to adapt his character for his OOC comfort, then i do not feel like he worth my time for RP'ing and so on. Well, he caught me up with that there, so what, he suspicts me to polish his boots then? Or immortal's at the shrine?
70265, RE: Man, i'm not a fighter for sooth, but i just hate any snide aimed at me.
No slight was intended. I had already posted that you had one really bad moment. It was just monumentally bad. It wasn't an ooc bad and I apologize if that's how it came across. But, when an orderly good is told that the person he is after in his guild in Voralian City is also good, that's usually enough for the good to kick in. You attacked the guildguard to kill this guy. Okay...bad moment here? Maybe. Then you lied to the Tribunal about it and attacked the guildguard again. This all happened with a 5-10 minute stress. You weren't banned, brought into the realm or anything like that. You had a bad moment. But, it was REALLY bad.
70266, What happened is happened
No need to worry about it please. As no hard feelings and stuff here. I think i just got bored enough, and was about to commit something like deletion by myself.

As for RP part, i see that my thoughts obviously making a wrong point by CF standarts. But i still can't imagine a stright line for the number of factors as Sphere/Align/Ethos. Lets say, a pious knight (L/G war) with a sphere of WAR. As far as i understand this, such person is seriously dedicated to the matter of warfare, which is a fight against forces of evil. Lets say, the person is not as much religious as the paladin with the same set as he supposed to be, but none less dedicated. And one have to be cunning to keep trucking on his life path.
70271, RE: What happened is happened
There are always going to be exceptions to the rule. But, dude, you hammered like a half dozen rules in 10 minutes. :P