Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cyruil Azar'uilrah the Priest of the Archon, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69886
69886, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cyruil Azar'uilrah the Priest of the Archon, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 11 00:52:52 2008

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Cyruil perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:376
69977, sorry!
Posted by nusson on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
about the nastiness. For about three different reasons I had you dead to rights, and I sorta had you in mind when I bargained with the Imp to make my return quest all about killing a pally. That being said you handled (almost) certain doom like a champ. See you in the fields.
69920, Had a ton of fun!
Posted by Dark Priest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heyas,

I had a great time with this one. I made a few goals and, amazingly, I was able to meet all but one. I made Priest, got tattooed, and was a leader.

I think I did a good job with the religion in his every day life and had the wonderful chance to 'council' quite a few people. This one will stay as a great memory for quite some time for me. I hope that I helped to make this game fun for others and that you enjoyed any interactions that you may have had with me.

Corrlaan:
I -really- enjoyed the religion and it was the first time I tried one of your followers. It seemed to fit Cyruil very well and I hope I did it justice. I would make it a point to speak with other followers and offer guidance, especially once I was made Priest. I wish we would have had a few more interactions, but I still had a blast. The progression through the 'ranks' of your religion are set up very well and you RPed the god perfectly. The virtues were awesome for the situations I would run into, thanks!

Thanks for everything, Corrlaan, you seem like a really good guy and play an awesome god. Cheers. (a second religion would rock by the way)

Beroxxus:
Your doing a good job, from what I've seen, with the re-introduction of this god. He was one of my favorites back in the day and I plan to play a follower sometime in the future. Thanks for the few little interactions we had, they were fun!

Eshval:
May the Light of Mercy shield me from the foul sight of the Nightborne!
The few little smacks you sent my way were, oddly, appreciated as well. Always liked you with other characters. Cheers!

Mizfara:
You were one of my recommendations and put up with me even though my link died during our first talk. I always loved interacting with you but we never seemed to get 'buddy-buddy' until the end. Regardless, we always understood one another and the views we did differ in seemed to compliment one another very well. Since your still active, I'll keep the rest of what I would like to say until you age/con/delete. Hope Cyruil didn't let you down though.

Kayella:
Cyruil just loved you, plain and simple. There were times that your actions would tick him off, but he always looked past them. When it came to adventuring and exploring, we worked awesome as a team. Especially that one time I rescued you and got froze then you used drive to save the day. After Kayella was gone, Cyruil didn't really explore much more as it never felt right without her there.

Humbert:
You were my other recommendation and I was actually surprised to get Marshall before you. I was glad that they at least titled you and you seemed to get some maran edges which was cool (never got one myself) I see that you have Marshall now though, good job.
I really liked your storm giant RP. Not many people pull off racial RP as good as you did, I loved the way you picked up on Cyruil's use of words slowly until you began to use them yourself. Salutations!

Igbah:
I think I bested you in combat once out of countless fights. You simply pwned me, plain and simple. I really liked the standard you set, you were evil but not a jerk about it. I'm sure whatever you are playing now will also be a character to remember.

Chuck:
I hated you at first but you slowly grew on me. Towards the end it seemed like a totally different person playing and I began to like and respect you.

A note about that goodie that was killed outside of the Fortress...
OOCly I knew how it could happen and understood easily. ICly an action like that was a complete bane to everything Cyruil stood for. I hope everyone understands and that there are no hard feelings.

I am forgetting tons of people. If you would like to reply, I'll be sure to write back.
I can't swing the PBF right now, if anyone wants to grab it I would be in your debt ;)

gjschultz1308@aol.com
Tahel, Dihir, Dukreg, Farzelkep, Dahltu, Xarto, Xunyenvun, and plenty more.
69921, RE: Had a ton of fun!
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked that we seemed to see eye-to-eye on some of the more inconvenient consequences of being a Maran. For what it's worth, I recommended you for the position long before you were made Marshall. When nothing happened for a couple of weeks, I figured they were never going to give it to you, so I recommended some other folks instead. Shortly after that you were named Marshall.

One thing I've always been curious about: what was going on in imm-land the one time I saw you there? I was interviewing someone, and saw you in a room that, as far as I know, mortals can't normally get to.
69922, RE: Had a ton of fun!
I wasn't in trouble or anything like that ;)
69923, Didn't get to interact with you as much as I wanted to...
Posted by Kharnial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given that I was busy retrieving...like always. Nonetheless, I got the impression that you were in the character for RP reasons, and I got the impression that you were more acolytey than maraney. Kinda like the squishy teddy bear. Fun character.

69925, RE: Didn't get to interact with you as much as I wanted to...
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would imagine that, to Kharnial, most people (Waris excluded) are a bit...squishy.
69927, RE: Didn't get to interact with you as much as I wanted to...
I actually debated if I made the right choice with Cyruil and became a Maran instead of Acolyte. I spoke with Corrlaan about it as well, but he offered some words of wisdom and I stuck with it.
69941, RE: Had a ton of fun!
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, thanks for the compliment! I tried hard to do the RP side of being a storm giant instead of a human in giant suit. It's easier to keep up that sort of RP with a race that is distinguishable by speech, like dwarves or fire giants or orcs. But with storm giants, where the helpfiles say they speak more or less correct Common like humans do, it was hard to inject the storm giantish flavour into Humbert's speech. I was never a very good RPer from my experiences with many chars, but I'm glad you picked up on the whole fussy intellectual-wannabe that was Humbert.

Pity my computer's having major problems now -after- Humbert had been made Marshall. I'll be trying to fill your shoes now, hopefully with a new machine once I get things sorted out. Good luck with your next character, even if you're going to be on the other side :P
69978, 'Bound' to happen to someone
Posted by Dkarfvoor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had that plan for someone in Darsylon for sometime before I managed to trap a victim, unfortunately it was you, although if your rescue party had been a bit swifter (both mentally and reactions) you might have survived it.
I thoroughly enjoyed torturing Cyruil, hope it wasn't too painful for you. Between you, Mizfara and that other damn pally I had my work cut out for me to successfully abduct anyone from the fortress.
70010, RE: 'Bound' to happen to someone
That was an interesting experience and I thought I might have taken you with me but...nope. I later went on to find that key just incase you pulled that again, heh.

And as a note on the whole Scion thing...I was never positive. When asked, I would always reply "If not he is at least a lacky".

Well done and thanks.
70382, I had a ton of fun as well
Posted by Kayella on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some great moments. There was a lot of emotion put into our characters also. They really came to life, and I think that's the main attraction of the game, in short.

It's true that Cyruil had to adhere to a different set of principles than Kayella did. Therefore, Kayella approached things much differently than a paladin might in many cases. We didn't always see eye to eye on things, but we understood each other.

I always cringed when I'd log on and seen that you had been beaten up. Because we'd spend a lot of time exploring, and it seemed that you weren't able to enjoy the fruits for very long. Fatfrumos didn't help things. And neither did the Imperial horde.

To close things up, Cyruil was a memorable character for me.
70400, Eshval 101
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First, thanks for the small interactions, you played them well against psychobi**ch.

For the official record: Eshval loves playing with goody folks. It's kind of a test of their stamina, religiosity, ideals and so on. Mortals should try to take it personally...it is. I sometimes make folks a project, but also I try to give rewards and acknowledgement to folks who try to rp in accordance with their role, religion, race and so on.

I tell Valg, who sometimes listens }(, that I will keep doing this as long as it is fun. I ammend that to add: as long as it is fun for the players. (I *really* do try not to kill mortals...mostly.)

Good luck to you.

eshval@carrionfields.com

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them. - Source unknown