Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69530
69530, (DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 28 22:32:30 2008

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Taranth perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:184
69534, RE: (DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefi...
Posted by Taranth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Minotaur is certainly an intersting ride. Not being able to do a lot of quests, or enter a lot of areas sucks. Being immune to fear kind of rocks. Having a giant with no vuln is pretty cool as well. In the end, this character is just not my playstyle. Thanks to the imms who endured the one day I may have uh, gotten a little upset, and thanks for the first time I ever placed in a role contest. CF still has charm after all these years. On to the players.

Zuktharg - Not hard to spot your player. You wanted fights non-stop when you had 7-9 rank advantages, but the minute I wanted a fight you ran, a lot. I won't be surprised you are now just going to auto since you got Chieftain and lost your ill-gotten set. Your OOC persona fits orc RP well. I guess you could possibly make a contribution to CF. If you only play orcs.

Ranger that jumped me in Aran'gird - See above paragraph.

Iknasr - You were a ranking partner through many ranks then you jumped me to help the ranger and died. Not sure if it was because he was your OOC buddy from #DR or whatnot, but way to go down like the chump you were.

Kostyan - Not a single 'Join the Empire!' command or even the slightest RP. A bunch of ####-talking about how great you are. Considering your player this doesn't surprise me. Enjoy the success you are having with Kostyan, at least in PK you seem very strong.

Seyriannia, Karjiin, Ixilth - Will put you three together because I had to see all three of you 99% of the time. Any one of you could give me a good fight and likely beat me 1v1. Apparently, that's not enough. Apparently, you need your whole cabal that is currently logged in, to try and gang the uncaballed minotaur, each and every time you see him. Beyond that, I won't character assassinate and will wait until your deletion threads.

On a related side note: I will say with 100% certainty, that 11 hour group sleep that doesn't trigger aggro, and doesn't force the singer out of chamo, IS COMPLETE AND UTTER ####. Now, onto the good things -

Mizfara - Class act. I liked fighting and talking to this char. That fight at the Maran, I quaffed with like 13hp, then saw you sneaking up while I was recovering.

Humbert - You seemed to have my number and caught me many times with bad timing on my part. Either I just logged on or had no preps up or failed flurries. Good character to fight and talk with.

Erendinia - I liked the rivalry we had coming up, but I did seem to have your number. I liked your consistent RP and willingness to fight.

Micrifa - I also liked our skirmishes and RP.

Igbah/Kharnial - Solid consistent RP from both of you guys.

Waris - I would like to have worked more with you on certain things, but minotaur warrior is just not the character to stand up to gankdowns well. I liked this character a lot as well.

Greae/Golrath - Solid enemies.

Velyzaggon - Had fun exploring with you.

Hrindar - Taranth meant what he said, and I the player did as well. There is no harder path in CF right now than that of the villager, in my opinion.

Ahtieli - Taranth meant every word he said to you. I greatly enjoyed this characters RP interactions with yours.

Nizidrayt - If only that time I was bashing you had been after I got greeting ;)

Anyways, I had a pretty good time except for the expected imbalance/douchebaggery, but my next character will likely be one more suited to fighting gangs. See you in the fields!
69535, Enjoyed you alot when I could get you along
Posted by Waris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed a bit weary of me, not that I blame you.

See you on the flipside. and you remind me, I really need to brush up on my mino I didn't know what you were saying half the time.
69536, Weary = Wary... n/t
Posted by Waris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
kljawfejklsvd
69537, You seemed strong from what I heard
Posted by Seyriannia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

When I was solo I could never find you. It wasnt until the end I realized where it is you were hiding.

As far as being a Minotaur. Not many people like you. Minotaurs merit no respect or reason with Sey. You choose your role and your char. I have mine. They clashed. Witness the Teldasill vs 'honor' fight with Vizbit or whatever. The minotaur cannot and will not win.

After I heard you had whips along with enigma I was a lot more wary against you. Prior to that knowledge I probably would have bulldozed eventually into my own death. Just as karjiin did to you.

Sey.

69538, RE: (DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefi...
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Mizfara - Class act. I liked fighting and talking to this
>char. That fight at the Maran, I quaffed with like 13hp, then
>saw you sneaking up while I was recovering.

Yeah. That was stupid of me. I actually stopped just short of you to scan, then you were gone when I entered the room. If I'd just been a little less cautious, I probably could have gotten you. I was out of trance and fearful of a one of those massive flurries you laid on me earlier.

As for Greae's angel's pillar hitting the Tara'bal, honestly, I don't have a problem with it. Tara'bal is a soldier. As much as any other maran, he wants to see you go down. If he has to eat some damage to achieve that goal, I think that's a choice he would gladly make.
69544, Aye, that was pretty good trap
Posted by Nizi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Got me scared for a moment.
After that you was added to my "Dangerous" list and next time we meed you could be sure I would fight in another manner.

GLWYN
69545, RE: (DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefi...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>. Thanks to the imms who endured the one day I may
>have uh, gotten a little upset,

Yeah, I was pretty puzzled by that, like: This obviously isn't a newbie -- he has to know that he's set himself up to have a lot of enemies as a Scion-leaning evil minotaur warrior.
69563, RE: (DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefi...
Posted by Karjiin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were damn tough man. Too bad I didn't know minotaurs couldnt be frightened before our fight north of Crossroads. Haha. Oh well, live and learn. On to your thoughts on our ganging.. Yes, if someone comes over the cabal line like "I got 'so-and-so' sleep on eastern", yes I will haul ass from whatever I am doing to go kill said 'so-and-so'. But then again just what do you expect an evil outlander to do? I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but I honestly don't feel bad for it. This is CF man. You get ganged, lose gear, regear, and get on with it. It's rough out here in these fields. Good luck with next chr.

-Karjiin Darkfeather
69577, RE: (DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefi...
Posted by Greae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I spent a lot of time looking around for you, but didn't find you much. I would have liked to work on things fighting you more, I don't think either of us landed a kill agaisnt each other, but it was fun when we could clash.

Good luck with the next.
69619, I'm going to stop
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Writing positive comments and being a cheerleader. Folks end up deleting when I mention anything nice.

eshval@carrionfields.com

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S. Thompson
69532, RE: (DELETED) [None] Taranth the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by BattleRager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So what made you delete? You were level 51 minotaur and from what I saw it looked like you took a lot of time to get there. Something wrong with your build?