Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Corriann the Affirmation of Life, the Hopelessly Lost
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69401
69401, (CON LOSS) [None] Corriann the Affirmation of Life, the Hopelessly Lost
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jun 23 23:46:30 2008

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Corriann perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:189
69476, A few things.
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I am positive that this is more of a constructive conversation for those who dealt with this character as opposed to the character themselves.

All of you who agonized about this character and felt 'sorry' for her. Tried to show her compassion, etc. I understood how you felt because I was trying to do the same.

As Mizfara said...when Corriann spoke..it was contrived, rehearsed speak about 'the Light'. If anyone has been taking notes..I've been sort of pushing the Acolytes away from that attitude of. I'll do anything for the Light even if it means laying down a wall of corpses at the Fort outer so the Empire have a harder time getting in. The old standby of 'I'll die for my cause no matter what mmkay' really isn't working anymore. I'm trying to make you Acolytes (and Maran by proxy) think a little bit. Heh. It won't hurt..

And yes Daev I am soft. I stay at home and take care of 2 kids. Im pretty much an easy guy to get along with..in real life..and in my religion. The first night I unempowered I really felt bad because I was messing with someone's character that they want to play. But the more I interacted with this character regrettably (squeaky wheel really does get the grease) the more I saw what Mizfara saw. A total personality of manipulation and contrived 'canned' answers and statements. And then bitterness when they didn't work.

Which, in essence, is totally what the last few tenets of my religion guard against...so Cyruil really benefitted from her meltdown the other night. Yay for that.

In a nutshell, my religion isnt hard. You have to be a real dolt to not get the love.

Things Not to Do:

*Don't make your name sound like mine.
*Don't make others feel guilty about getting promoted.
*Don't write notes to me about being 'ready' to be Acolyte.
*Don't say over the cb 'Crash took all my wears!'
*Don't try to throw a pity party and forcibly invite all your cabalmates.
*When told that you aren't ready to get back into Fort, don't immediately ask to be reinstated....as an Acolyte.
*Don't starve yourself. Its slow, and sad...and somewhat stupid.

Thanks. ;)

69479, I gotta admit, when I saw the hunger strike thing I laughed for a good ten minutes.
Posted by DaBull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously. Heh.
69480, You asshole.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't believe you would stoop so low as to unempower a character because of ####ty roleplay, whiney pity parties about lack of promotion, and above all A NAME THAT SOUNDS IDENTICAL TO YOURS?!? How hypocritical is that?

Let me use an example. Have you noticed how Mexican christians don't call Jesus our lord and savior 'Jesus' but rather it comes out 'Hey-Sus'? Now, clearly they pronounce it differently, but on paper it looks the same, does that make them lesser people? Yes. It's Imms like you that are ruining the game for everyone, and I hope you know that I'm quitting CF again.

I'm calling all bitter CF vets to join me in this venture, let us all quit CF, for one final time, stop complaining about this game with pointless whines, bitter complaints, #### slinging, drama, rumor mongering, assbaggery, straight up lying to people for the sake of smearing people we don't like, and lets just ####ing quit.

Who's with me?!?!

69481, If that's not a reason to unempower what is?
Posted by DaveT on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Priest are supposed to be held to a higher standard of roleplay, acolytes are not supposed to whine and throw hissy fits. I think the unempowerment was justified and the character got what they deserved.
69482, Heheh, sorry, I suck at being sarcastic and witty. Long day. =( n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
69483, haha, sarcasm is hard to pick up on through this medium. nt
Posted by DaveT on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
69493, RE: You asshole.
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, you said assbaggery.
69485, RE: A few things.
Posted by Cyruil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
IC Cyruil really wanted to do all he could to help her out but knew she was sucking the life out of him and feeding on the pitty parties, he tried at the end to be more like a stern father but...I guess it didn't fly. OOC, I wanted to claw this players eyes out, put some pepper on them (and a little hot sauce) and chew them up like little motza balls.

However...Corrlaan was right, it was an awesome test and example in that aspect of his religion. It was such perfect timing, it should be put into movie form and cheered for.
69469, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Corriann the Affirmation of Life, the Hopelessly Lost
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This post will detail what I hope is constructive criticism. Please take it that way.

1. You're not alone in this, but something about how you talked about "the light" bugged me. "The light" is not some entity that Fort guys worship. You don't do things "for the light". You don't "bring the light" to someone by killing them, in the case of a Maran. You had a habit of saying really flowery things involving "the light" that, to my ears, sounded fake. This is a hypothetical example, but, before logging off, you might cb something like: "Bask in the glorious magnificence of the Light!" What does that even mean?

2. You were publicly bitter about not being promoted. Try to put yourself in Corrlaan's shoes for a minute. For whatever reason, you're still a Scribe. You're not sure why, but presumably Corrlaan has his reasons. Is he going to be more or less likely to promote you if he sees you bitching and moaning about how you're not an Acolyte yet? I mean, from a purely selfish point of view, if your goal is to get promoted as quickly as possible, the worst thing you can possibly do is complain about not already having been promoted.

3. You tried to manipulate me. Manipulation is fine, if you're in Empire. It's not good role-play for an Acolyte by any means, but you might get away with it on occasion if you're at least subtle about it. But you weren't. When I booted you, you immediately started talking about how that's just what "the voice" told you I would do, and how it means that I hate you. Then you go on a hunger strike until I induct you again. At that point, you'd progressed from manipulation to blatant coercion. Not going to work.
69453, Aside:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love Corrlaan, but the guy is soft like melted butter. If he yanks your empowerment, it's not because he's a big meanie -- it's because you're that much of a ####up.

Try to learn from this and be less of a ####up.
69457, RE: Aside:
Posted by TheFrog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Personnaly, the name also struck me as not so good... The guy just changed a letter from Corrlaan and I could never get passed this...

Besides how can you con-die a healer? I'm no vet, and all the healers I did never lost more than a few points of Con, that could easily be upped back with trains...
69462, RE: Aside:

>Besides how can you con-die a healer?

Short version: we decided to spam-attack the Fort outer because it's more dramatic than just deleting.
69418, Now that the PBF is posted...
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rule number one about getting the rewards, accolades and positions that are wanted by a player is to actually do something that is worthy of them. Great intentions and future undone deeds in one's own mind do not count. If they did count, you could lich level 1 characters. I will accept the fact that some of you may think that this analogy of what this player did is a bit of a stretch. It really isn't.
69402, This PBF, if purchased,
contains some train-wreck value, in my opinion.

Not that I encourage watching train wrecks.
69405, RE: This PBF, if purchased,
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Done.
69443, Thank you for making my day. =P That made me crack up. nt
Posted by jiahe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
fdafa
69484, Laughing. n/t
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t