Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Thalamanius the Channeler of the Spirits
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69292
69292, (AUTO) [None] Thalamanius the Channeler of the Spirits
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 18 22:49:04 2008

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Thalamanius perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:123
69316, Farewell
Posted by Thalamanius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
About time this guy auto'd.

I rolled him after getting that idea about the role and from remembering my old character Zerael (evil conjie in tribs). The idea was to make use of demons instead of devils that I so frequently relied upon as Zerael.

Well turns out that wasn't a very good idea at all. I kept eating deaths to the left and right to my servitors. Then I started saving points for the dismissal edge to cut down on my con dropping but it never turned up in my list so I invested the edge points in familiar stuff and such. I have to add here that having that warded familiar + warrior familiar makes for easy solo mobkillings. Oh and the familiar sight when fighting thing I never noticed kicking in but I didn't have it for very long.

I could keep writing about the extreme pain associated with playing an evil conjurer post the nofol pets fix but I think the community at large is pretty well aware of it already.

I really wanted to get some interaction and even go for a tattoo with Rayihn - maybe find some sympathy or support there for Thalamanius love crusade, but that never happened.

As far as the paintings go they were of the girl (Cassiona) mentioned in his role - the first painting is a strict out of a scene there but the second painting was more a regular encounter where Thalamanius (and his odd crew of servitors) spots what he thinks is Cassiona in the middle of the market square in Hamsah (I think the title of it was 'But it's never you'). I guess it wasn't that obvious but I didn't want it to be either - but I used the same words to describe the woman at the market square as I used to describe the woman in Hamsah.

I had a third painting planned which would be of a party down in hell fighting some mob(Shenkov, Fatfrumos, Soha, Nyii, Igbah, Deiha and of course Thalamanius) but the entire scene would be seen as a reflection in the eyes of Cassiona. I think it would have made for an interesting piece - especially seeing as we actually went down in hell, without getting into details Thalamnius however died very close to the Infernal Prince himself which rolewise could have been interesting.

As a really twisted turn of events it crashed just after I died in hell, and then it crashed again - leaving me naked. That sucked alot of motivation out of the character for a while and I never really got back into it after that.

Coupled with that event real life has claimed this spring from me and I have (more or less) finished my studies and actually got an interesting job so Thalamanius got shifted to low priority.

But I'm sure there will come times again when I can devote more time to a character. For now it's down to an hour a week at most.

A big thank you to everyone I interacted with - and an I'm sorry to those involved in Hell when I cast warp dimension in the middle of a few mobs. You were all tight enough to handle the situation though - I don't really know why I did it but I was so very close to falling asleep it was silly.

Over and out!

From the player of most recently Vanakoth and Haratzi.
69319, RE: Farewell
Posted by Greae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't get to meet you in game, but that was a great role, very worth reading.

What is the familiar sight while fighting thing you mentioned?

Also, what did you think of familiar agility?
69333, RE: Farewell
Ah, I ment familiar agility with the sight thing. I didn't really see any improvements at all, and the tricky thing is that you mix up your familiar in the battle so you have to always order it to engage your enemy and that gets tricky when people run around all over the place.

To me it didn't seem worth it. But then again I don't think the class is worth it either - go invoker or even AP instead. Alot more fun. Nightgaunting is powerful but is that really the only kind of kills you want to be pulling off?

Thanks for the compliment on the role - I was hoping to win some contest with it but alas that didn't happen.
69340, A question about your role
Posted by Curiousone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your role was very, very cool. Sometimes it was written a little goofy, but the content itself I thought was soo well done.

My question- Did you base the role off of anything (a movie, book, or something like that)? Or was it purely your creation?

I ask because I've always considered myself to be a good author of fictitious stories and such, but I usually lack this kind of creativity.
69365, RE: A question about your role
Thank you.

I was inspired by the game 'The Witcher' where they talk abit about genetics in a fantasy setting, but I don't think anyone who's played it will think "oh he was inspired by that game".

Generally for most of my characters I have no role or a very short one but this time as I wrote it just came to me. I just kept Thera in mind and tried to tie in threads of the gameworld into the role.

About the goofyness; yeah I tried to keep an entertaining tone to it.
69341, Kickass char, kickass role! Cool times!
Posted by Deiha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hanged a bunch with you, that run in hell was awesome. To bad you died, and the crashes. The crashes almost got me as well, I hadn't made it out yet when it crashed, and crashed again, and again, and again... But guess I got lucky. Really tried to get you to hero, but that didn't happend either. Good luck with stuff, c u in the fields.
69366, RE: Kickass char, kickass role! Cool times!
Yeah. We had some good times. It was nice to for once know that servitors turning would likely not have a lethal outcome when you were around.
69313, Your role was great. I mean that. I wish I had interacted with this character.NT
Posted by DaBull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN
69317, Thank you
Far too little of it leaked into my roleplay though. A few people picked up on it, but I wasn't boasting that I was going to kill everyone heh.

(:

I suppoes it has been pointed out before but I think it's really weird that you have to read the roles in a descending order rather than ascending order.