Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Jaudugar the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69042
69042, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Jaudugar the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 31 00:17:01 2008

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Jaudugar perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:171
69078, I deleted way before any logs with me in it were posted
Posted by Jaudugar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mostly because I have exams mid June. I was also not happy, personally, with the way some things were ocurring in the fortress and being primarily a pk-type guy I could not stand around and watch and I had absolutely no energy to get into a yak-yak contest on cb, so I distributed my gear and said bye-bye.

Having played a couple acolytes and squires before, I know how far I can test the limits of fortress rp. I killed one cityguard in all my time as a warranted criminal when a big shield flared up, and I saw Marans ripping through peacekeepers/watchmen/sentries without so much as expressing regret. The mob in question was not supposed to be at that place, and anyway, my role did not force me not to use whatever I wished as long as the bad guys lost. Besides said mob was healed up and apologised to. *Shrug*

Quiltell, I was your man friday and you were my man the-rest-of-the-week. We did some good exploring and pking. It was worthwhile to spam 150 hours for those moments and looking back I see I achieved most of my little exploring goals with you.

Cyruil, I really liked your rp. Some might grouse, but I think you were justified. It was fun with you. Sorry if I said summon one too many times :-)

Zuktharg, you were one truly well played damn tough orc. It was great fun fighting you. You always seemed to come out of left field at me. You made the char fun. I was laughing when you teamed up with Waris and headed to the fortress :-)

Mizfara, thanks for the induction. You do an awesome job at leading the fortress. I am not sure if I did any extra emotes around you. I was using a basic set of ten emotes pretty regularly, even while ranking. I was experimenting with an invoker script I found, and testing how much of an rp you can get off in terms of emotes for a "silent" char I have planned for later. I was wondering what people thought about it. Thanks for the feedback.

Sletren, great job guv. You would be surprised if you know who I am :-) but I will wait for your thread.

I don't really care. I play this game selfishly. I have limited hours for this game, I can not spend them being unhappy or getting into rant fests (one reason I was warning a few players not to give me the lip needlessly, lol). I will probably avoid this thread for the next month, so I do not feel the need to respond to any flames. I told someone IC why I felt I was wasting my time with the char and on the spur of the moment upped and deleted, one fine morning. The logs happened later. Empire next.
69080, RE: I deleted way before any logs with me in it were posted
Posted by Quilt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We did in fact make it happen. Theres not much meaner then an STSF/HPM decked elf, except for an STSF/HPM decked elf with shields and quicksand. You were mean, and I wash oping you'd stick it out.
69130, thanks
Posted by Sletren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks. Now I can't wait to con die! I'm curious who you are! I'll just wait though. Good job man. GLWYN
69066, Whats the deal?
Posted by Zuktharg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This seems to be out of nowhere. Maybe there was some stuff behind the scence I didn't get to see. You were the bane of bashing life. No matter how many times I caught you pre-shields and post-shields with a bash I'd always seem to hit bash/cheap/savage and bam 1 round and you're gone every time.
69055, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Jaudugar the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about the circumstances surrounding your deletion. I've had multiple people regale me with tales of what happened, so no need to hash it out here unless you just want to.

Jaudugar was always ready to mix it up. I liked that about you. My one complaint harkens back to your induction interview. I'm not sure I can put this into words very well, but somehow it seemed like you were role-playing "at" me. Not sure why, but I get that vibe from some applicants and not from others. It was like instead of us having a natural IC conversation about your past, I was getting a one-way download of your role with some emotes thrown in.

Anyway...clearly it wasn't a big deal or I wouldn't have inducted you. Just thought I'd mention it for the future.