Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Padraig the Captain of the Banshee's Desire, Seeker of the Lost Ship
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69032
69032, (DELETED) [None] Padraig the Captain of the Banshee's Desire, Seeker of the Lost Ship
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 28 16:14:17 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Padraig perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:240
69057, Some goodbyes are in order.
Posted by Deltha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my first hero range character despite having dabbled in cf for a few years now. Obviously I still have a lot to learn. The character was rolled as a throw-away char with the intention of liberally killing thieves and assassins but I ended up really enjoying the role and abandoning my other character.

Spear/dagger harmonious/soul was a sweet combo for mobkilling and not being killed. In particular, harmonious is really underrated. With the changes in mob AI, so many high level mobs seem to throw out a lagging move when you are really hurt. In this and PK, the legacy saved my bacon more times than I’d care to mention. It’s doubly good because it doesn’t give out an echo, and thus takes someone pretty sharp to notice that lagging you doesn’t do much. I am still slightly bitter that Jhoqu and Macha managed to permalag and kill me from almost full health whilst wielding a staff with this legacy, but you can’t have it all, I suppose.

I had a lot, a lot, a lot of help from other characters for which I am very grateful Valduveus, Sousidan, Iltch, and Horoyara are some which I recall off the top of my head. I am sure there are others.

Most of my enemies were also cool. I suffered some bad loots and gangs, but then I wasn’t exactly an angel on that score either.

Fortress – You did your job well keeping me on my toes. For most of you your progging attacks and searing light stuff made fighting you an exercise in futility. Of all the chars I fought I found Ajirkahn in particular stood out – I wish we had more players like you. You went out of your way to not be a #### without breaking role, and that is pretty rare. That goes for Mizfara too, although damn you were a pain in the ass :-) Special props to Dungard for the ancient enmity we enjoyed.

Scion – The gang I probably hung with most, in fact lots of people thought I was a Scion... Well RP-ed crew, and always a pleasure to hang out with. Nice introduction to cabal raiding mechanics, and thanks for the lewtz0rs!!!

Empire – Some of my most interesting interactions, from lowbie looting Jhuutr’s pimp gear (and him miraculously getting it back through betrayal from fellow duergar Tifanadi). Keshuk you were cool to roll with midway through my life. Showed me a few interesting things, and I’m glad I wasn’t feeding that weapon. Kostyan – I love when evil chars give out a properly evil vibe, and this was certainly true of you. You had a great knack of showing up in the same area as me, and I had some adrenaline fuelled (albeit one-sided) fights with you. I remember impaling, hamstringing, arterying you whilst you bashed me, and I still could only get you to half health. I don’t even think prepping would hand me a victory against you.

Nexus – Iltch was the only thief that I had a kind of grudging alliance with which pained me because it ran contrary to my role, but my disappointment was tempered by being able to jointly take on those pesky paladins, and lay hands on shinies that I otherwise had no right handling :-) So cheers.

Outlander

Ambra- I had nothing. My meetings with you were a combination of OMG quaff or WTF dead. Damn right I was all about fleeing from you. Probably the most awful matchup I faced, tied evenly with the STSF elves. Also bloody Jhoqu! Always finding me in my hiding places! I took spear and harmonious partially because of you – take that as a complement.

IMMS

Iunna – Massive thanks for the title and I regret not being around more to rp with you.

- the rest of the IMMS thank you for putting the time into such an awesome and engrossing game.

- Deltha
69051, Sorry about getting you killed...
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I absolutely loved this character. Your RP was amazing. Thats all I can really say about it.
69046, RE: (DELETED) [None] Padraig the Captain of the Banshee's Desire, Seeker of the Lost Ship
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry for..you know...chasing you around and stuff. Given I couldn't do any better than trip lag, I didn't feel it was particularly unsportsmanlike of me to come after you full-bore despite the ridiculous vuln exploitation.

Your role seemed pretty cool, from what limited interactions we had.
69049, Too bad we couldn't RP more.
Posted by Teldasill on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would always see you online and never saw you from the skies, so you became a real target for me to try and bag up. Then I'd spot you randomly on roads and then you'd just disappear again.. I got a real tough vibe from you for some reason.

From the title and everything though I was super interested in checking you out and figuring your take on life, too bad it had to go out like that. I was hoping this was long coming and my kill on you didn't make you rage, sorry if those looters were the reason... but the corpseguard bug for shifters should be fixed soon.

Anyways, you obviously had a cool objective with the role and from what I hear you were super cool... so keep up those good characters, cf needs all of us around until we can train these newer folk.

-Teldasill
69058, Heh...
Posted by Deltha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hardly tough, as my pbf will show, but I spent a fair bit of time undersea and underground which is perhaps why you didn't see me so much. Don't sweat the deletion. I hate lowbie looters, but I hade it in mind to delete in the next few days anyway. Insects on a flyto shifter shocked me a little. Enjoy the asswoopin'.