Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectPlarkraut deleted. Short goodbyes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=68982
68982, Plarkraut deleted. Short goodbyes
Posted by Plarkraut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not much to say, hero range is just too gross for any chance of heroing him before condying or ever building up any kind of respectable weapon. Even with A/b/s I was still getting 4-rounded by hero warriors so just bleh at that and with the 100% assassinate assassins there was no way I was ever going to get a good run going. I think I got a couple 8 charge weapons, but I didn't see a noticeable difference and I never got flame control even though I suspect I had over 20 indivual charges (how many does it usually take? I was all excited about using the flaming bardiche with the edge for better dam with a weapon that matches your control). Oh well.

This was my first mage past lvl 30 and my first a-p, and I did have a bit of fun except that I felt as though most of my kills were on weaker foes and a couple also had link trouble and well...I don't take any pride in those kind of wins even though I was so desparate for PKs I had to take them. I didn't bother going scion, mainly because the cabal just seems too elitist for me and it is definitely intimidating to the regular non-scion player like me. I like the new wand system btw, and I was lucky to find my a/b/s, partially due to people randomly helping me out which was nice.

Btw Waris, I did try to vault Quiltell but damn would it have been funny if you had died due to vaulting you instead. That would've opened up some interesting RP but alas STSF for once didn't seal a kill :( .

Most of my enemies were cool, particularly Galthonicus; you and I had really the only fights which could've gone either way, whereas it was usually if i landed sleep i win- if I don't I lose. That sucked when I got my kill stolen on aryth, I was pretty proud of potentially killing a rager with a felar a-p :p .

Good stuff.

Jil - I'd like to see a very powerful character like yours challenge yourself, but that's obviously not your plan for yourself. I think I got assassinated well...a damn lot of times by you, Deas and Abheb and that was even with me being super paranoid about it. Just a frustrating way to lose unholies over and over again.

Anyway I'll probably roll something else up this summer, so see you all then.

68988, You would be surprised..
Posted by Jil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...at the amount of risks I've taken, even if it might not seem like it to you specifically. A lot of them paid off, and sure I'm sitting pretty for the moment, but it took a lot of quick decisions and judgement calls on my part to keep alive this long with the amount of deaths I have. I only assassinated you twice by the way, and I did end up giving you that last unholy back since I hadn't seen Waris in 2 weeks. So when you think I'm not 'challenging myself' for not standing toe to toe with you when you can iceball me for ===oblits--- and flee/sleep for the win while I can't kot and get your unholy out of your hand with you in A/B/S you're crazy, I'm assassinating. But yeah, twice from me. I'm challenged plenty at any rate, with plenty to come.
68989, Fair enough, Good luck -nt-
Posted by Plarkraut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
69064, RE: Fair enough, Good luck -nt-
Posted by Lonik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were some of my more fun fights, I'm sad that I didn't even get an honorable (or dishonorable) mention!