Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Marnrerr the Warrior of the Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=68671
68671, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Marnrerr the Warrior of the Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 9 04:46:49 2008

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Marnrerr perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:35
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:79
68853, Well damn
Posted by Marnrerr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't think anyone really noticed me or cared if I was around to be honest; I was juggling important characters at the time and couldn't play much at the same time as being booted but I got back back in which cheered me up but I couldn't put much time into the char, I got two jobs now and that cut into it as well as getting my god damn chief squelched because of my lack of play time on him and I just ran out of steam.

Miz, I honestly think I attacked you because I thought I was on my fire warrior which was at the same rank at the time which actually got me booted so I don't think I really need to apologize for that

Parg, your a scary dude

Fjarn, scary scary, badass dude; good job

You were all tough and it was fun playing my first rager since I was trying to assasinate Valguarnera I don't remember half of your names so i'm sorry for leaving most of you out; i'm leaving the drillmaster out on purpouse though. When I get more time to play I will certainly play a few more villagers; new found respect.

Man up on it.
Zheesus
68866, RE: Well damn
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So THAT's why you got the boot! You didn't play a whole lot after that, but when I did see you online, you were playing the berserker rager style with tons of heart. I wanted to give you another chance, and I'm glad you toughed it out.

By the way, did Truesight ever get fixed for you?
68910, Yeah, an imm was right on that within an hour
Posted by Marnrerr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for giving me another shot; had I had more time to play I think I had a good shot; I did go berserker when you took me back btw
68879, RE: Well damn
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Miz, I honestly think I attacked you because I thought I
>was on my fire warrior which was at the same rank at the time
>which actually got me booted so I don't think I really need to
>apologize for that

I don't know. Breaking role because you can't keep your characters straight might merit an apology. Didn't know you got booted for it, but I can't say I disagree. The obvious solution, by the way: Just play one character at a time.
68904, RE: Well damn
Posted by Pargtorix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So your post sounds to me like you're on a ton of caffeine, but hey; come on back to battle some time. I'll hopefully still be there.

I was there when you hit Mizfara and I was really confused, but it was too late. I got out so as not to assist (which would be true anyhow) and then was wondering who that guy was. Don't play so many characters at once, and keep it straight easier. I try not to have more than one but occassionally the urge to try a lowbie comes up, and usually dies out. To each his own though, I guess.

'Zhees' brings back some bothersome memories for me. I'm not too surprised we worked well together. We worked really well against each other in the past.

Scary, by the way, is PvE. PvP is a different story, as the dagger warriors, walrus, siamese bards, and hero invokers can show me.

Take care,
-PP
68768, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Marnrerr the Warrior of the Blade
Posted by Pargtorix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm really, really sad to see you gone. You and I really clicked somehow one night in the academy. My fiance was out of town and so I just said #### it and stayed up all night ranking. At the very end I was so tired I just said "I'll wake up the same time tomorrow" and the next night I was in the mid-ranks (at some minor cost to my work performance that day). We really burned through the low levels together.

You made it into battle before I did, which I was only partially sure you were even gunning for. Then blam blam blam and your name is all over the place from allies and enemies alike it seemed. All of a sudden, you disappeared, then the whole booting thing obviously left you unhappy with the character. You seem to have lived fast and burned out fast. Maybe try slowing down the next go around and stretching out the character's life. That's my 2c.

I'm sad to see you give up, but when the magic's gone, so to speak, we all have to understand at some level. You were really sick and I wish you good luck with the next character. Like I was with Blumforb, I wish I had the energy that you do to run around, PK, and still be spamming my screen with tells at the same time. I'm just not there, but you were. Thanks for the fun times.

GLWYN.
-PP
68691, I hated you. Was glad you got booted. Can't believe you got back after hanging with some of the Nexuns. NT
Posted by Vrtainen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
68674, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Marnrerr the Warrior of the Blade
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just curious: how come you attacked me that one time on the Hamsah outskirts?