Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Hadashdakon Humeemerald the Delver of the Planes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=68528
68528, (DELETED) [HERALD] Hadashdakon Humeemerald the Delver of the Planes
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 3 09:59:58 2008

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Hadashdakon perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:conjurer
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:192
68529, What a fun ride!
Posted by Hadashdakon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd like to start with thanks to everyone who made this character enjoyable. The list would be massive, and if I miss someone I'm sorry. I can honestly say when I read and hear about people complaining about conjurers being hard, and never knowing when your servitors would rebel I always laughed. With Had EVERYtime I called I expected it, and 75% it was true. Sorry to everyone I traveled with throughout the days if that threw a wrench in our travels, that's the bends of a svirf.

Herald- I'll miss it, when Reniste told me to expect being alone and making my own experience happy I took it to heart, I tried feeding just about anyone, and had finally gotten a few staple foods down.

Iunna- Sorry if I always sounded like I had a foot in my mouth, Honestly it was part of Had's personallity to be Nervous as hell around gods, and I think I rather pulled it off....

Daevryn- Wish I could have met you, was kinda where I was going....I tried, guess I failed...

Other than Herald I ran with just about everyone, Fort, Imperial, Scion, and Tribunal it was all a blast. Not sure if the Orderlies ever picked up I was rather chaotic.

Big thanks to:
Armin, Klurak, Reniste, Deigibe, Nerisa, Fendril, Nusson (even if you were an enemy), Waris, and anyone I cooked or baked for it was a blast.
I know i'm missing names, so if you post I'll throw back.

I'd like to thank all the immortals who in someway or another kept me pushing, I know my role wasn't an A+, but hell I'd like to think I rated at least a C.

P.S. Thanks to every rager or outlander that killed me in the Inn, while I was writing a note, role playing with lowbies, or cooking. It really helped speed along my Delete. That last one was the straw in the back when I was writing a Note to a damn battlerager!

Is there any way we can beef up the Inn's guards? I mean seriously there was no drawback to anyone wacking me, and with me alone and them starting with bash, it was a done deal, maybe let cease also boot?

Best of luck everyone, and maybe I'll see you in another 2 years

Hadashdakon
68530, The Inn is not supposed to be a safehouse. nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
68531, RE: The Inn is not supposed to be a safehouse. nt
Posted by Had on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I don't disagree, but then....all battle ragers and Outlanders have an outter that I couldn't even touch and stay in Herald. Added to the fact that your "mean warriors" yet have a protector?
How fun was it for the ragers and outlanders that one came and wittled me down, followed by another to finish the job?
68538, Hey, I always came at you solo! Sometimes you even had friends!
Posted by Vrtainen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Guess that's why I could never get you. Close a couple times.

I think the Inn is fine as it is. Just there is no Heralds.
68539, Truth be told.
Well as far as it goes I'd say 1/2 of the Village gave me a chance. 1/2 ran to the Inn and bashed me right away, after all it's not hard to figure out where a Herald is. I can understand why now Reniste was in the inn for about 5mins RL before teleporting or wording. For the Most part you A Cloud, a Wood-elf, and a Dwarf always gave me fair run.

Honestly I enjoyed those battles, and a few of you I know I never had a chance to wack.
68532, Sorry but the Inn is obsolete
Posted by Dwoggurd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some may say they enjoy the whole Inn deal because it's supposed to be polite and and smiling in american culture, but in truth, people aren't really interested in it.
So basically every Inn'er ends up with a pointless struggle trying to get some attention and delete from the chore/boredoom.
68533, RE: Sorry but the Inn is obsolete
Well Honestly I had more chance to interact with tons of new people to CF, and it over all was a pleasure. I didn't EXPECT anyone to come unless I gavem a driving need. I did have a drinking contest, and tons of fun cooking. The Inn's not dead, it's just changed. People still Role play great at the Inn.
68536, I think he's just against anyone being happy
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really like that's what the inn is about, in a world where rough politics and death can be something people take way too seriously.

And that event Reniste organised is a prime example of why the inn is good for CF. It was a great opportunity to see what those kinds of personalities did when crunched into a space together. I don't think any other forum would have been as amusing.
68552, Actually, some people still do, asshole. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
68554, Ironically:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dwoggurd is replying to a guy who was saying that he had a lot of fun RPing at the Inn, and titled his farewell thread "What a fun ride!".

"I had fun doing X."
"Did not! I don't like it, therefore no one has fun doing X! Stop claiming you had fun!"

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
68534, RE: What a fun ride!
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there any way we can beef up the Inn's guards? I mean seriously there was no drawback to anyone wacking me, and with me alone and them starting with bash, it was a done deal, maybe let cease also boot?

We've been talking about some possibilities along these routes. We appreciate the contributions of various Heralds, and we don't intend for them to be sitting ducks.

And don't worry about the opinions of the Dwoggurds on the Inn. I sure don't. =P

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
68537, Beefy Inn
Honestly I'm not 100% positive they HAVE to be beefed, the fact I was a conjurer, and a Svirf to boot was what drove most of my deaths at the Inn. Ragers would have attacked any mage, and Outlanders usually aren't anti Herald. Just thinking something that gave a herald a split second to boot. I wasn't a triggers person so if I did stop the fight, by the time I could try and boot I'd be bashed again...

Honestly all and all I'm not complaining to much there, because most everything was great including the deaths....
68565, You made it fun for me in the inn
Posted by Ramora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whenever I seen you on I headed to the inn to ####, you were fun to joke around with.
68571, Well thanks!
Honestly it's nice to get at least one good job post, in my head I was starting to count this as perhaps one of my worst failures ever! I always liked how I was NEVER quiet sure what you'd do, or how you'd react. The combinded with my openess to most anything lead for some fun times between us. I was I could have cooked those grapes, Deiha would have had some fun at least and youd've had more females to roll with.

Thanks Ramora, and great Chr!
68573, RE: What a fun ride!
Posted by Inger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought we had some enjoyable interactions. I knew that you'd be willing to fight a duel when I asked, which was good. Other than that I tried to leave you alone in the inn- Inger likes a good bar fight, but, picking a fight with the tavern keeper is a sure fire way to ensure that you don't get to return. Since Inger likes to drink she didn't want to take that chance. Anyways, hopefully you come back and have a more enjoyable time next time.

I also want to make a general comment. I've never played a Herald, but, always thought that if I did it would be something that is doesn't ruffle alot of feathers, something that can get along with most of the population easily for the exact reasons you are citing that made this char tough to play at times.
68580, Inger was Great
I can honestly say I loved each duel with you, and it did seem like a brawl between us. I felt an affinity towards Inger mainly because you were a stonemason. I was an earthcaller so I rather respected you.

As to the comment I tend to agree, but then I rolled this character to see if I could STICK with something. Svirf Conj Herald was about the hardest thing I could think of. Without some enemies I'd have never had good foe interactions. Didn't really want to phrase my goodbye as a rant because all and all it was great.
68667, Well, seeing the PBF, rather glad...
I deleted. Never thought I was ganky, and I guess next time I'll use more breaks? =)
Could swear I died more to servitors...
Had hoped I got SOME kind of comment for cooking.
Blah, chalk one to the fail board.
*Bitter*