Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON) Isspyn - Nightshade: A good friend
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=68472
68472, (CON) Isspyn - Nightshade: A good friend
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the subject is about the only humour I've got in me for the next couple of days so bear with me.

Only a small number of people knew him but to those he did he was a fiercly loyal friend and will be missed immensely.

Richard went to work this morning intending to fly to Florida for business, he was hit by a semi at the intersection of 177 and I assume the road leaving his neighborhood.

I will post funeral details etc should anyone who doesn't have my phone # be intrested.
68556, Think I knew him back then...
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In the golden age of CF when I actually played regulary and had friends backstage on AIM trying to figure out the game with my numerous questions about skills or gear or correcting my descriptions...

What was his AIM?

RIP dude, life was too short. Always seems to be that way.
68551, RE: (CON) Isspyn - Nightshade: A good friend
Posted by Patick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wounder does anyone have a list of his old chars? I am just currious to his legacy in CF, I visited his myspace, and saw so many people in mourning. I did not know him though I might of run into him, though It is always sad to see someone pass through the gates at such an age. I lost my good friend in a car accedent two years ago.

I am sorry for your loss.
68518, RE: (CON) Isspyn - Nightshade: A good friend
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hell of a guy. I'm sad to hear this.
68516, Soddin Stunned!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A sad loss for everyone who knew him I think, both IRL and through CF.
Its a cold dash of mortality when someone is taken from us like this.
A drink shall be raised, and thoughts of comfort to all those affected.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne ?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely ye’ll be your pint-stoup!
And surely I’ll be mine!
And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
68515, Did he have children or a wife?
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
By chance did he have a Myspace page or anything where we could post goodbyes for him and his family?

Where was he from? If there is an open invitation extended to the funeral and it's not far beyond reason I would attend.

The Taps are closed. Rest in Peace man.
68517, www.myspace.com/nightshade716 nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
68508, Words can not express my shock and anguish
Posted by Tehbigc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was one of the very very very few CFers I cared to keep any contact with. We used to talk a lot about life in general and it is heartbreaking since we talked quite a bit about his plans and dreams and his love and likes. He always talked fondly of you as well. My sincere, deepest, heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to his family and to you as well for I know you will be suffering as well. He will remain in the memories of the CF community I am sure.
68505, RE: (CON) Isspyn - Nightshade: A good friend
Posted by TehScout on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sad to hear, I send my blessings and prayers to family friends and a brother lost.
BattleScout
68487, I'm so sorry
Posted by JMCC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a huge shame.

I'm sure wherever he is, he'll remember those that impacted his life fondly, as those who did the impacting remembers him fondly.
68488, I think
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
we should stop bitching(though I agree with you mostly) about fortress and such at least for this day, Just as respect to one of us ;(
68482, RE: (CON) Isspyn - Nightshade: A good friend
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's heartbreaking. He was a really great friend...
68481, Sad day, bro. Sincere condolences. nt
Posted by Forsaken- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt