Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=68182
68182, (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well. This is the end of a long string of Healers. I wanted to play
this last one to prove to myself and others that Healers can be very
deathful, and I think I pulled it off. My PK Statistics should proove
that. Though I probably shouldn't have gone all suicidal on PK in the
late days to keep up the decent ratio.

Immortals:

Enlilth: I have to begin here. It was a toss up between playing an
Enlilth follower, or playing a Khasotholas follower and hoping he
would return like he did last time. Well you took very good care of
me and I thank you for that. I'll definatly be considering an Enlilth
follower when I come back. But dude... Be MORE evil.
Sorry about dashing out before something could come from the things I
had asked for.

Qaledus: I wish more could have come of our bargain. I had all the
gold and items, I just needed to have a few other things completed.
And then I got Anath.

Eshval: Thanks for the Divine XP. I'm not sure what it was for, but
our one interaction was pretty sweet. I was trying to be more death-
ful after our talk, but its hard when its 1 vs 18 everytime you sign
on.

Marcatis: Sorry for being an arrogant Dark-Elf, but you are an Elf.

Alright, now for the mortal goodbyes.

Empire:

I treated all Imperials like they were my own children. Khrathtyn's
goal was to build a huge Empire full of promise and a better future.
I'm glad I hit that point and it lasted as long as it did. Thanks to
everyone that helped.

Kostyan: You're a one-man wrecking crew. Everytime I was with you, I
wasn't really worried about being PKed. People either fled/died/or
just stayed away from you. Awesome job, and good luck as Emperor.

Vehldriss: Awesomely played female Dark-Elf. Your roleplay and death-
fullness were both there, and on at all times. I wish we could have
done more.

Ahtieli: This was a love/hate situation. I knew exactly what you were
doing. And I tried to play off of it. Yes, I did end up Anathema, but
I still tossed you around like a rag doll. I'm expecting to see another
Lich.

Kornuel: Totally Eoria remake. You seemed like a total newb at first,
and then once you hit War Master, BAM. A defending/raiding/killing
machine.

Dargekt: Khrathtyn's little prize, or not so little. I wanted to build
you up for certain excursions I needed a built up AP for. Unfortunately
your mechanics really did suck. Probably a lemon roll.

Clissa: I remember having you killed with 3 different characters and in
the end, I assisted your final end. LOL. Luck with everything man.

Ainvar: I liked you as an Empire, and totally ignored you as an Anathema.
Well, I think I got you like 3 times. :(

Scion:

Igbah: Raid situations were difficult for me to discern. But for characters
like you and Throkk, you made them easy. 'com word'. Amazingly powerful
build. I liked travelling with you in the end. Crappy about our Hell trip.

Fatfrumos: Prize goes to the slickest, most insanely devilish kill I've
ever experienced with any character. You're a fountain of knowledge man.

Waris: I wish I could have travelled with you more.

Dizari: Stupid Kanye. :P

Soha: Dude, learn what spells to use! You can't just Cone of Cold EVERYONE!
Otherwise well played.

Deiha: I wanted to kill you so bad. Good character overall.

Outlanders:

Throkk: A beast. You're a beast! I could have sworn you were going to get
me in Emerald. But you didn't.

Careashiin/Havalan/Ambra: All very deathful druids. Maybe I'll play one
when I get back.

Riv/Vreksoek: Thanks for donating to my PK ratio in the Imperial Lands.
I bet you were surprised as all Hell when I trapped you, eh Vreky?

Battle:

Xubetok: Probably the roughest rager I encountered. You're just a mean,
mean man. Good luck.

Oriarn: Good showing. But I'm not just a Healer! I'm an offensive Healer!

Tribunal:

Inglor: Stupid heretic. I didn't really see you do much. You weren't really
a danger to me. Well played from what I saw.

Fendril: At times I didn't know whether to kill you, or take you along. You
really took well to our war.

Nexus:

Praeto: A good little gnome. Probably the only gnome Khrathty might have
come to like. Khrathty hated gnomes. Stupid gnomes.

Grecken: Enough with the Opium Pipe! God damnit! Otherwise, good character.

Fortress:

Acvilar: You weren't overly deadly toward me without Defiance. Good all
around character.

Narclarn: Ewwww, mithril axes. I remember evading you just barely a few times.

Corriaan: Nice way trying to turn me to the light. But that doesn't happen
with me. Tee hee.

Mizfara: We had some pretty sweet fights. If it wasn't for that stupid ghostly
dagger, I would have beaten you that one time. Oh well, thats the way the
cookie crumbles. Awesome assassin.

Others:

Zholgrom: We were a pretty decent team.

Well thats all for now. Respond, critisize, do what you will. Thanks for all
the experiences and roleplay.

If someone wanted to pick up my PBF that would be great. Otherwise I'll pick
it up and a few others in November when my contracts are finished and I can
afford to feed more then just my dog.

Peace out and keep the fields bloody.

Khrathtyn, Naerzghul, Nezlintryzn, Inthulnizra

BattleCharmed.
68373, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Posted by Clissa-WarEagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't think it was cool for a lvl 4 to tell an Elite of the Black Sect that upon him bloodoathing he demanded a Staff of Striking and a Staff of Wonders. I don't think it's valid RP under -any- circumstances. I don't think it's valid RP as a bloodoath to pick up the sword of an Elite Black that was disarmed from a retrieval from Scions and then not respond to the Elite Black, me, telling you to return it.

You as a player is somewhat like your nephew. You remember when he was weak and worthless. But he's grown up now and he's got his own voice. Nonetheless, none of MY characters have ever had the sense of entitlement that you portrayed with Khrath.
68374, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Posted by Clissa-WarEagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though as harsh as that sounded. Thanks for telling me about the origin of that necklace.
68377, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
First off, I never demanded either staff. I set off a suggestion that I wanted them and benefits could be pushed your way. All aside, I don't see whats not valid about an EVIL character making demands of someone else. The sad part is that so few people who play Imperials, know Imperial Politics, or how to play an Imperial properly. (not pointing in your general direction)

Secondly. In no way am I (as an oath) obligated to do anything for anyone other then the Council and Imperial Gods, unless directed by a member of the Council or an Imperial God.

Thirdly. It wasn't your sword. It wasn't in your corpse, it was sitting at the Chasm.

Fourthly. As MY last healer. A member of the Divine Sect. I decided to go all out on the roleplay I decided, without breaks. Khrathtyn believed in HIMSELF and HIS capabilities. He believed the Empire was HIS despite not being Emperor.

As a side note. I know I play a pretty mean healer, but its only one of the 3 classes I can actually play effectively. And in no way does Khrathtyn reflect my own personality.

And thats all I got to say about that.

And you're welcome for all information I helped you out with. I knew your items as soon as your said them. Well done with Clissa, though you died a lot, horribly. It takes guts to defend when you're totally out numbered.
68390, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Posted by WarEagle2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) Came off to me as demands.

2) My point is far broader than just Khrathtyn. I'm not being unreasonable. I don't want ppl to act like they don't know their way to Gralan blind with every character they make. I just think RP should evolve more than it does. Being an avid Empire player, the occasional Khrathtyn's just drive me up the wall. The built-in system of being an Oath all the way TO Emperor is completely ignored.

3) There should be no dispute that it was MY sword. Now yes, you are valid in having picked it up. I still think it's a #### move to do it as an Oath to a 47 Spectre who is trying to retrieve. And not to glorify myself, but my range ####ing sucked. So on that issue, yes it's valid. It's valid for me to full-loot my kills, too, but that doesn't make it any less a #### move.

4) I'm a fan of yours, so I don't want that to get shuffled out amidst all this. With Khrathtyn, it was so so, and that is my own fault for having a bias against the things I have mentioned above and in the previous post. Nonetheless, I hope anyone reading it starts thinking "My lvl 15 fire giant bloodoath is not ####, and to RP him as he is, is not really RPing a bloodoath".

5) I stand firmly behind the fact that I didn't die a lot. I lost a lot of fights miserably. And I was a no-show in a lot of raids because damn it I wanted to explore, and I found out quick that's just not possible when Empire is in the ####hole.

Okay I've rambled, but I really had been itching for awhile to say this about Khrathtyn. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.
68396, One thing to remember
There is huge discention between Sects. If you want respect you have to earn it with each personal Imperial. Another thing you have to remember. Even though Khrathtyn was an Oath, he was still a Priest of an Imperial God. You have to take that into account.
68405, So anathema him. He's an oath. n/t
Posted by Vehldriss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
68412, RE: So anathema him. He's an oath. n/t
Posted by Clissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wasn't Dread Lady yet. But I would have.

I'm glad I wasn't capable though, Khrathtyn was a solid character. It's only because of our initial interaction that I even criticized him. Once he was in hero range, it was all gravy.
68337, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the ...
Posted by Fendril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Fendril: At times I didn't know whether to kill you, or take you along. You really took well to our war."

Everytime I went anywhere with you, I was always thinking "Is this the day I get smacked?" In the end, I thought you might just try and get me away from the city and wait until I was weak and kill me to try and help you get back into the Empire. I enjoyed the banter back and forth about Order and the war. Good luck with your next.
68372, I had my moments where I wanted too.
But you were overly more useful alive then dead. So I let things happen.
68334, Was it only three times
Posted by Ainvar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must admit it made it less fun to be an anathema with a gating healer who would actively come after me. I finally worked out some strategies for dealing with you, and by that time you had joined me on the other side of the fence. As always, I look forward to your next character.

Ainvar the Eternal Anathema
68335, I must admit
You had me fooled for the longest time on that first kill. But then when I found you, you knew you were dead. Teth Azeleth is a dangerous place for non-dark-elves.

And that last time I almost got you, then Throkk showed up. I was stuck between finishing you off, and running for my life. Good thing I ran for my life because Throkk almost got me twice.
68201, I really wanted to see you dead! Hah!
Posted by Deiha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First off, I so regret deleting Deiha since I'm already back at CF again...

Second, I really wanted to kill you. hehe Healer vs healer, doubt that anyone would have won. ^^

Kickass char from what I noticed.
68194, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, we had one immteraction that you were aware of,, but as is often the case, I watched you. It was fun watching you gravitate towards Scion, which is often the case with anathemas. That is not a bad thing, rather it is a natural occurance. We were going to have some fun, but you didn't drop by again...I needed to make sure you were serious and interested as well as interesting.

Luck.

eshval@carrionfields.com

A whole new day, a whole new set of possibilities. - MacGyver
68197, I actually wasn't going toward Scion.
The only reason I interacted with you was because of that initial bit of Divine XP you gave me while I was in Yzekon. As soon as I worded out, I ran straight to your shrine with a gift wondering what it was you wanted. I thought a lot of good came out of it. I like making my own reason for Immortal Interaction so I can be better ready for it. Some of my IMMteractions were a bit rushed. But I'm 100% happy that Eshval is back.
68192, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Note: Written quickly since I was supposed to leave work 10 minutes ago. Please excuse horrendously poor grammar.

"But dude... Be MORE evil. Sorry about dashing out before something could come from the things "

You ever try to stick a square something in a round hole? I swear I'm working on it. My last imm was a good leaning neutral, and I rarely play evil chars, though that's a situation I'm attempting to rectify presently. I'd totally planned on constructing your mask out of things like tin and colored glass, was working on the descs for it. All that said I really liked Khrathtyn. Very well done everytime I was watching, and I watched a lot of Khrathtyn. I was hoping you'd do that other thing we talked about when you didn't know it was me talking to you, but oh well.

The overthrow of Ophanelu was freaking sweet, and everything that followed even sweeter. I liked how you rolled with it, so if I was less than evil bastard it was cuz I may or may not have felt just a little sorry for you, but had every hope you'd figure out how to deal with it from a role appropriate angle. The major faux pas in that line was going to Scions for help and stuff right after you were Anathd.

You're definitely what I'd consider a quality player that adds to the game by simply being in it. I was pretty miffed when Naerzghul deleted as I did your initial empowerment, then kept missing you afterwards. I had higher hopes for that guy. Keep them coming and good luck with your next!

Oh BTW... when I looked yesterday or the day before you were 16 and 12.. not exactly deathful, but when you killed the shaman for High Priest... that may have been the most pimp thing I'd seen in some time.
68198, You knew exactly why I went toward Scion.
I needed a force of brute strength to get what I wanted. Khrathtyn, though a follower of Khasotholas and a hater of magicians, held the Empire first and foremost above all things. If I needed to break a tenet to best suit the Empire, I did it in the least most blasphemous way I could muster.

I feel really bad about deleting due to the Tattoo I requested and the Mask I had partially paid for. I was going to stick it out, but Khrathtyn was becoming tortorous to sign on. Sign on with 20 people wanting to kick your ass. Jesus, even when people were raiding Empire and I was sitting in Khaso's shrine, they'd come and try to kick my ass first.

Dude, you have to be one of the coolest IMM's going. Your echoes are amazing. You actually read the role before interacting. Which I am ALWAYS prepared to wait if the IMMteraction is prime. You never fail to deliver and its IMM's like you that I keep coming back.

Wish I had your tat, the extra damage would have been awesome. :P

AIM: BattleCharmed
68191, Heh
Posted by kostyan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will reply as the person behind Kostyan. I will not say anything like 'OMG, It was mistake, I didn't want to anathema you' - Beside everything..It was awesome. Awesome empire rp. High Pries vs Warmaster. Awesome tricks and situations. Do not ask, do not trust, don't be afraid. And yes, I miss you in pk :)

Awesome char.
68195, The only Imperial to kill me.
How fitting was it that the only Imperial to kill me was the one that Anathema'd me. Unfortuante for me I came back to my computer and was like 'Hey! Its Kostyan! And hes KILLING me!'. I was at 70HP and my dialup is too slow. Oh well. Good around character man.
68189, RE: (Deleted) Khrathtyn Din'sarthalas, Anathema to the Empire.
Posted by Sletren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked/hated you. Those fights near the imperial lands when I was trying to retrieve once were really fun. I was surprised I got tooled as bad as I did though, even when I earthbinded you.. and my mongoose couldn't even dodge all your prog'd eq.

Other fights as well, not so memorable, wish I would've gotten a chance to travel with you once rather than against you.

Good job. GLWYN
68196, Awwww, I forgot Sletren!
Dire Wolf. Damn I hated fighting Dire Wolves. You most of all. First I'd be owning you as Dire Wolf, then you'd just change to mongoose and things became boring. Fulminator Gauntlets are like an area attack the only hit the person your fighting. So mongoose can't dodge. Very nice item.
68188, Awesome awesome!
Posted by Vehldriss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Probably my favorite characters.

I'll get yours and mine.