Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vehldriss the Black Hand of Tyranny, Imperial Shadow Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=68057
68057, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vehldriss the Black Hand of Tyranny, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 19 21:30:28 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Vehldriss perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:251
68059, Good times!
Posted by Vehldriss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, it became more of a chore to log on with this character. It's the same blowout with any other semi leader position I had in the past...it's almost like you're expected to log on and contribute, and that doesn't work for me. Not to mention working 60+ hours a week and studying for the LSAT as well as attempting to balance the social life...it's really hard. So I opted to delete this character instead of hogging the position.

Some special goodbyes:

Khrathtyn - Man I liked your character. We were a pretty good team. Not quite as deadly, being an assassin, yet pretty good. Too bad about the Anathema...I was pulling for you. Unfortunately, I picked Kostyan because a) I thought he deserved it after playing 400+ hours by now I imagine, and b) hopefully he would condie/agedie.

Kostyan - Meh. I liked the character, but after you became Emperor, I immediately knew I made a mistake. The personality behind the player bled in after you got Emperor. I'll leave it at that.

Ahtieli - Thanks for the brief RP.

Deas - "My Shadow." I was gonna do a lot with you in the future, and potentially make you anathema or give you my position, but alas...good times. I like your character.

Klurak - Always fun to be around another tattoooed Enlilth character. Keep it up, and hopefully you'll become the next emperor. Don't be so discouraged.

Droghnund - One of my ancient ancient enemies. I think I have a pretty good idea who the player is, and it's pretty expected to bring this great calibre onto the fields. I really dislike bash spamming with swords, and frankly, I probably will never choose those two combo just because it really is too simple, mundane, and easy to slaughter. However, I really enjoyed our interactions, and I'm glad to have played against this one.

Mizfara - First time we met, you attacked me in the Jade Valley and I fled into one of the avalanches. Boy was I pissed. Mid 40s, I whooped your ass up and down the eastern road, at hero range, it was more stalemate with you getting the upper hand. And once you got those auto-program equipment, I was getting owned, no matter how much I tried. That being said, I enjoyed our interactions and our long and glorious battles. Good job.

Various Empire Blades - Empire Blades. What can I say...uh Empire Blades. That should be enough.

And finally, Enlilth.

Loved our interactions. I have most of them saved up. I think I really hit it on the ball with my role - hence, my first tattooed character and second titled character. Sorry to bail out, but if I get the jitters, I'll probably come back to you. Or Eshval. God I love Eshval...but to reiterate, great character.

PS Too bad you didn't get the title fixed. I've had to deal with all this stupidass characters pointing out the "male" in my title, especially since Vehldriss thought all males, including you, should be breeders.

Post your thoughts/comments and I'll try to respond.
68060, Oh past characters
Most notably/recently - Rektath, Sebath, Mordlaii. Can I call myself about the CF noobs now?
68061, Out of. I love 2 buck chuck!
n/t
68097, Eudrallia and Crukra love the first and last respectively.
Posted by Krilcovs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
68062, RE: Good times!
Posted by Kostyan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
--Kostyan - Meh. I liked the character, but after you became Emperor, I immediately knew I made a mistake. The personality behind the player bled in after you got Emperor. I'll leave it at that.--

You are soo wrong about this. But its ok.

Yes, you did a big mistake my friend. I was going to demote/made you an Anathema right after I got the Emperor, because of the rp reason. I will say more in my farewells. And it was so easy to fool you. ;) Thanks for the vote thought ;)
68064, Well maybe I'm wrong. I guess we'll see later
Anathema would've been a setback, but the rp I planned for this character wasn't Empire only. In fact, I was really contemptuous about the Empire...I could've easily gone nearly any other path.

In any case, your character is really deadly. Rack up those kills!
68066, RE: Good times!
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww, I really liked this char. Great role, and well roleplayed on your part. I spent a lot of time watching Vehldriss, and knew you wouldn't be teh suck with my tat. Inside I laughed a little when the title wound up like that knowing the character, but I didn't seem to run into you much after it happened to have it straightened out.

The entendre with some of the interactions at first kinda ooked me out, but it gave me something to add to my role. Good luck with your next.
68077, RE: Good times!
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>mention working 60+ hours a week and studying for the LSAT as
>well as attempting to balance the social life...

Rough. Usually I'd say "studying" for a standardized test like the LSAT is a waste of time, but I actually found the logic section to be difficult. Not that any individual problem was that hard; they just don't give you enough time to complete them all.

>hard. So I opted to delete this character instead of hogging
>the position.

Better a good leader for a couple hours a day than a crappy one who's around all the time. But if you don't have the time then you just don't have the time.

>Mizfara - First time we met, you attacked me in the Jade
>Valley and I fled into one of the avalanches. Boy was I
>pissed. Mid 40s, I whooped your ass up and down the eastern
>road, at hero range, it was more stalemate with you getting
>the upper hand. And once you got those auto-program equipment,
>I was getting owned, no matter how much I tried. That being
>said, I enjoyed our interactions and our long and glorious
>battles. Good job.

When that happened in the Jade mountains, I initially thought you'd teleported. Wasn't until I saw you come back into the area as a ghost that I figured out what happened. The problem with our fights in the 40s was threefold. One, you were always one "significant" rank ahead of me. So, when I lacked msk, you had it. When I lacked owaza, you had it. When I lacked martial trance, you had it. Second, excepting heartseeker, you were almost always better geared than me. Third, you always seemed to miss kot/kans less often than I did. Not sure what was up with that. Dex difference? Must be, because my hitroll was usually through the roof.

I liked Vehldriss. I liked that you weren't all about the gang, and that, when you won, you were cool about it. My one comment (which is sort of a question): what was up with all the strangle/blinding? I mean, did you expect me to stick around blind, or were you just trying to make me burn coin by running to the healer? Seemed like you did that ALOT.
68079, Well yes, I actually did expect you to stick around.
Most people do actually. In fact, besides you, I think almost everyone did. They didn't immediately quaff a potion, they tried running to a healer. I think I'm a fairly good chaser, and usually I caught up to them.

You were just a small enigma in the mass.

As for the small rank difference, that's not necessarily true. Even while we had the same skills, I would usually beat up on you in the late-early 40s. However, I did have much better equipment.

I think one of the reasons why I was pretty good is because I held onto my equipment. Most of the times, my enemies only took a few juicy pieces, but that's about it. In fact, it wouldn't be over the board saying that the generousity with respect to the equipment let me have a much better time. And of course, when I killed people, I usually left most, if not all, of their equipment intact.

I was afraid that I ganged too much actually. My characters generally don't gang. It's my preference...I find no challenge in having a transmuter spam neuro while I spam bash.

Burn those coins baby!

"Except heartseeker." Are you kidding me? That weapon is the bane of all drows.
68087, Let the good times roll.
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Vehldriss from our first interaction. Being warned by a certain acquaintance only made me want to be around you more, to see if you would slip. Which you did at the end, but that amounted to nothing.

Good luck with real life. I'm dealing with it now.
68098, While our interaction was fairly short
Posted by Waris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was intresting bartering with you while trying to survive the fort hordes.
Glad your gone though I must admit of all the assassins around you worried more than alot of others.