Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mawavaw the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67665
67665, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mawavaw the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 3 12:52:05 2008

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Mawavaw perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:106
67673, Hunter Class: Fun until hero.
Posted by Zen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeel

I'll start by saying that the most poignant thing that stands out to me about this character is the complete lack of PK ability at hero.

Bearcharge = unreliable for lag, as everyone knows. Especially as an elf.

Hunter Aimed Shots: Don't bother at hero. Even at 100%, they seldom have their special effects even when you manage to hit what you're aiming for.

Meaning you have no way to lag your opponent.

I could tank like a God. I Solo'd frost giants while they were hooded. I solo'd skeletons starting at 43.

But at Hero, in the Fortress, I had nothing to do but get kicked around repeatedly.

Most memorable fight was against Satebos. I got summoned into a locked room, and I swear to god the fight lasted 10 minutes. That's 10 minutes of pure combat. I have a log somewhere that I'll dig up.

Thanks to everyone, thanks for the new hunter class, it's very fun, but it definitely needs some attention before it is a viable option for anyone who wants to do any PK'ing at all.

Zen

Past: Tahrlaw, Kecaza, Tynnyn, among others.
67677, You do know Hunters have nerfed bearcharge, right? NT
Posted by DaBull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
67678, Heh, no. I wouldn't have taken mountaineer had I known that. Sheeeeiiiittt. nt
Posted by Zen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
67681, Hunter's bearcharge doesn't lag opponent at all.
Posted by Shaapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And to know such secrets you have to read all topics on both forums for a few years. Why not just add such information into helpfiles? This is not a secret information because Imms give such information on this forum sometimes.
67682, RE: Hunter Class: Fun until hero.
Posted by Pargtorix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked your character and our times together, most typically grinding in the frigid wastes with whoever else around to entertain ourselves with RP on the side. That said, it looks like I missed alot of this character's life, either due to my own troublesome work schedule or a group of fortressites p-ranking you to hero. I'm not really sure which. Sorry you had a bad experience with the build of ranger you picked. I've seen some decent fights from Fortress mountaineers, so that might have suited you better. Regardless of that, good luck with whatever you come up with. I hope it's more enjoyable for you. I enjoyed our interactions.

-Pargtorix
67666, My friend. *tear* no topic
Posted by Blumforb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
s