Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Firata the Mistress of Owaza
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67525
67525, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Firata the Mistress of Owaza
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Mar 28 21:35:32 2008

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Firata perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:172
67592, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Firata the Mistress of Owaza
Posted by Praeto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Firata was a fun and polite giving person within the cabal, I never saw them from the other side so I will only comment on that. You were a nice person always willing to do anything to help someone else on the Island, It was fun having you around and good luck with your next. Dont let the Elitists get you down as a new player. I've been at it for about ten years now and have found a few things will help you have more fun playing. First is dont read dio's forums most of the time, especially if your name is involved in the posts, This tends to create OOC hatred and contempt for Chars you otherwise would just consider to be an enemy IC and can create Greifing situations, If you do choose to read those posts, do not respond to them, It will create pre conceived notions about your charachter by people that have never met it with thier chars and they will treat your charachter based off of the forums instead of it's actions. I highly appreciate the imm's rules for posting with current chars on this forums and wish that dio's followed the same as even some normal logs can be problematic as they allow people to know how to fight someone. For instance say Fjarn comes up with a great tactic for fighting someone and completey is whooping up on people. No someone posts it on dio's because it's cool. Now everyone and thier brother knows how he fights and his tactics, even though thier charachters would have no clue to his tactics as they havent ever fought them, havent ever met them, and dont talk to whoever he fought IC. Best thing to do if you want to enjoy the game is just ignore the forums for the most part and wait till you die to really read anything about you, and when you or an enemy die in the battlefields, try not to use negative comments even if you have them. Find what you have constructive about the charachter and comment on that instead. Maybe there was some greifing going on between you and drog and that pissed you off. But you are dead so that issue is dead There's no more greifing and that's in the past, so instead maybe comment on a few of the close fights you had, or how ballsy he was coming in for a retrieval dieing to the three defending moments after retrieving the head, being a true martyr for his cause. Talking about the negative only draws out the ordeal and makes it flow over into the next chars if you figure out who each other are. Keep the game in the positive light and try to only remember the positive things about your interactions with chars, and if you cant remember anything positive, let it roll off of you like rain off of a roof and start with a clean slate for your next char, dont let one flow over to the next. The game is about fun, so leave the past in the past and have fun!
67594, You can learn a lot on the forums
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's where, for example, I learnt what the crunch meant when using kotegaeshi.

The main danger is posting as an active character and then getting dragged into an argument.

Avoid that, and you should be fine.
67589, You always made me chuckle..
Posted by Krengrar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always got a chuckle out of the fact that you always wanted to look at Krengrar...

After a while of it just not working out, I decided that I'd make a habit of not being uncamo'd when you were near...

I don't really know why, but since you seemed to want it so much, the putz in me decided to make you wait...

Heh, see you around.
67529, Had a lot of fun with you.
Posted by Xprlet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In retrospect, I wish I hadn't deleted, but oh well. It was fun learning about the bond with you and fighting by your side.
67527, [NEXUS] Firata the Mistress of Owaza
Posted by Firata on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After Mutsu, I wanted to get back in the swing of things with Nexus. I just love the BOND. This run was fun as well. Made friends early on and hung out with them for the longest time. Some of them deleted, some stayed.

Imms: I dont know who, but thanks for the role exps. Helped me out with the edges. Nexus Imms, all I ever got from you guys was "vote" note and just basically nothing. I am pretty sure when you play a mortal you would like some Immteractions.

Nexus: Meter, Rhyme, Crypto, Praeto & Deigibe, you guys are an awesome team. I miss Malrokael ALOT. he is one of the factors for my deletion.

I do not remember everyone. I would like to know what everyone thought of me atleast those who interacted with me.

Only one Ememy I had, thats Droghnund. I hated you to Full-Looting my corpse the first time then no corpse-guard the second time which was 10minutes after the first one. I had few more full-loot after that.

To all those lil punks who full loot:
1. What are you trying to do?
2. Are you guys trying to make a statement that you hate everybody so much that you would rather not see them again or even play.

I know it would not even put a dent in your chain of thought, but think how it makes you feel when you get full-looted. Try not to project that on others.
67535, Full looting...
Posted by Ckol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I aboslutley HATE full looting, that time Droghnund full looted you I was furious! Though couldn't do #### about it IC...

Before that I really did love Droghnund, but after... Well, it left a saur taste in my mouth and from that on I just disliked the char, even though the cool RP and kickass pk. I just couldn't let myself like him anymore.
67542, RE: Full looting...
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have no idea what bad mojo existed between Droghnund and Firata, but it seems to have been specifically directed at Firata. When Droghnund killed someone else (Faros), I made a point of verifying that he didn't full loot him.
67543, It is probably this.
Posted by KrilcovK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mutsu has a reason for pissing people off in a bad way. When I played Mibblic, I deleted because of eye bleeding. Firata was better played. good job Mutsu
67546, Precisely. n/t
Posted by Droghnund on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I won't co-opt Firata's thread with a long discussion, but you have the right of it. He was an ass and got better than he deserved.
67555, Who is an ASS?
Posted by Firata on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You full looted me the first time we met at the massive giant. When I ask for my eq back you said "I sacrificied all your gear".

Then you killed me again on eastern road 10mins after my frist death to YOU. I am re-equiping myself and you bash me to death. When I ask you why you didn't corpse guard me, you put on you favorite "IGNORE" button.

I was looted by you when I was not even in your range but I died to on the Island by another rager and another time at the Massive giant.

Queen Bee or whatever that was in Silverwood forest, you attacked me with 2 other ragers, I fought two at one point of time. And when Dizari killed me you mentioned you tried to disengage but you had spammed bash so you couldn't.

From the interactions I got from you, all I got is that you are a Bash-monkey who LOVES to FULL-LOOT and then go "IGNORE". You might have improved from there. But from the first time you were the ASS.
67560, You conveniently leave more out than you include.
Posted by Droghnund on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I've no need to take up your death thread for it.

Suffice it to say you're either very poor in memory or entirely unscrupulous in your vision of accuracy.

If you want to say more here, that is your choice, it's your thread. I will not.
67576, I'd just stop posting dude. Honestly.
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because it makes one of two things I've learned, abundently clear.

And makes me side quite quickly with Firata. Don't be an arse to newer players, show them some forgiveness and teach instead of hating. I know you get a kick from it, but it's good to be nice once and a while. Especially if you can easily put yourself in that position to be more altruistic. Hate just begats more hate, and from the sounds of it that was low.
67541, RE: [NEXUS] Firata the Mistress of Owaza
Posted by Deigibe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dang, I didn't realize this was happening or I would have come to see you off at the island. I was finally almost where I could bond up with you and I was looking forward to getting the chance to pay you back for all the help.

Good luck with the next.
67544, Re: To all those lil punks who full loot:
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unfortunatly full looting for it's own sake is encouraged in some circles and people are rewarded for it.

I do use full loots from time to time but typically only to get back at people who went out of their way to ruin my play experience.

I've also had my day kinda botched because I felt compeled to help a new player regear. I would rather keep them around by showing their are helpfull people here too.

Even with my Evil's I will offer to sell gear (At rediculously low prices) and show disdain for their misfortune in the hopes they can see through th RP?

Now, if I die to a group... I don't begrudge not getting much/anything back, especially at lower levels.