Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Feilinal al'Enthalas the Radiance of the Mists, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67404
67404, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Feilinal al'Enthalas the Radiance of the Mists, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 25 20:41:15 2008

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Feilinal perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:275
67408, Well, that was fun. Mostly.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks to everyone I interacted with. Fun character all around. I started to lose interest a week or two ago, but stuck it out waiting to see how the RC panned out. I thought winning/runnerupage might breathe some life into the character. But I was probably fooling myself.

Then tonight, pulling a bonehead maneuver and ending up naked in the Hamsah jail was just a good stopping point.

So!

Goodbyes:

Imms:
Baerinika: Thanks for the interactions, and for your tattoo. I hope I didn't disappoint. My playtimes sorta shifted to a little too late for you, I think, so we didn't interact much later, but I always played as if you were watching. Zero good-align-pks is somewhat tough to manage with a char like Feilinal, but I did it. Probably one of the things I'm most proud of with this char.

Lyristeon: Thanks for all the Imp-love. I know Feilinal isn't the sort of char you generally enjoy watching. I'm just that type of player - too cautious, to much of a prep-whore. But thanks for everything all the same.

Others: Thanks for the role-lovin', questy goodness, and so on.

Outlander:
Jhoqu, you rock. Love your roleplay. You should've taken what was offered, IMO. You know what I'm talkin' about.
Macha, you saved my life at least once (when I was lower level than you), and I enjoyed fighting at your side.
Throkk, I don't see you much (playtimes don't coincide) but you're a beast. Keep on truckin'.
Others - a lot of you used to be around a lot, not so much anymore. That's how it goes. Cyrein, Riv, I said it in your respective goodbye threads, but I enjoyed playing with you.

Tribunal:
Inglor, great RP discussions. You were the closest I've come to killing a good align (accidentally). It's a tough dynamic there. Oh and I bug-boarded that thing with the thing pretty much the night it happened. It'll be fixed eventually, I'm thinking.
Fendril, keep kickin' ass. Not pk-wise, of course...I seemed to have your number. No, I mean you've got a great, dependable, sturdy char that sticks it out through thick and thin. Keep it up.
Others, nobody is coming to mind right now, sorry.

Nexus:
Grecken: Thanks for all the help killin' necros (esp. Satebos!)
Praeto: Fun exploring when we were able.

Fortress:
Hiajist, thanks tons for the pendant. Very good paladin-ish-ness of you.
Angaarn, Mizfara, thanks for telling me when various hidden enemies were around, and the assists at various times.

Empire:
Klurak: Ok, geez man. Don't ask me (even in an IC way) to tell you whether to delete or not. I didn't even loot anything. Damn. You've got a very powerful char, a very good build, who has one or two weaknesses. Elf STSF with entwine and insects happens to be one. You got me back, anyways. Yeesh.
Vehldriss: Badass. Fun fights.
Others: Mostly fun fights, some of you leave a bad taste in my mouth, but don't say anything if you can't say something nice, right? Oh, wait, I failed that on Klurak. Ah well.

Battle:
Liked most of you, always went after the duergars/evils among you, always got good fights. Some I wasn't proud of (I'm talkin' to you about the last time I got you, Drog), but some I was.

Herald:
Reniste - sorry about the comment about the pendant, but Feilinal really didn't like conjies. Heh.

Scion:
Igbah: Damn, you're a monster. I hope I gave you a tough fight whenever we duked it out. I really enjoyed when we could get a one-on-one that didn't send me scurrying after one flurrying. :P And the respect re: eq was appreciated too. Except that last one. In your place, I might have uninducted. But I might not have either.
Shenkov: Some great fights. A couple of times you really caught me with my pants down.
Others: I really hated when there were packs of you. Mainly because you're all quite skilled, it seems.

I probably missed a ton of people. Sorry. Long lived characters tend to do that, though.
67409, Badass
Posted by Vehldriss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After the second time I fought you, I made sure I was super duper extra careful around you.

You imms need to look at insect swarm. One lag cast? Cmon...a whip spec will tear a whole into most people. One lag and immediate entwine..if it hits, it's practically impossible to escape.

Anyways, besides that quirk, I liked your charac. If not for the rp perspective, cuz I didn't get a chance to rp much with you, for the pk perspective...always always fun to fight you.

Should've known it was a Twist character :P
67410, RE: Well, that was fun. Mostly.
Posted by Igbah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, Like I said, I should have known. I'll be the first to say that I love it when Imm's can set an example for the rest of us by the absolutely stellar chars they play. People probably won't like this, but I don't care. Good job on all levels, cept that one time you got me in the arena :-)

Iggy
67413, RE: Well, that was fun. Mostly.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked the character. As for not liking prep whores, that's not true. It's when you are a prep whore and still get your ass handed to you, you just know you've been outprepped. :P I try to be fair with the Imp-love and I have to admit, a deadly Sunwarden will probably get more than most goodies.
67414, Great Character
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I fought you a few times as Oktetko(Fox,spider) tribunal and you pretty much always whooped my butt. Well played you were always cool enough to leave my gear when you won.
67415, Thanks for the fun.
Posted by Wolsnaveik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I agree with Igbah. You did a nice job all around. I do find it more interesting when an Immortal of your status can interact and make the game more meaningful.

I knew Fein had to be played by an Immortal from our interactions, but at least I wasn't outsmarted that one time you got me at the Spire by a mere mortal :)

I also agree that some of the Outlanders powers need to be looked at. Granted I was 1 vs 8 for a month, so I shouldn't have a chance :)

The sad part is during most of our big battles, I was playing with one hand, because I had surgery on my left hand. My poor finger has still not healed and it appears I will have to have my finger re-broken again.

All in all, great job. Hope I get the chance to face you again.

Wolnaveik
67417, RE: Well, that was fun. Mostly.
Posted by Shenkov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hah!

I couldn't have guessed it was you. That last chat makes a little more sense now. You bastard.

Well, Feil was great. But you know that. I'll save the rest for my own goodbyes.
67418, Hah.
Posted by Grecken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew there was a reason I liked you. I tried to keep things politically stable between us as much as I could. It was fun.
67425, Entwine + insects is just plain evil.
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad it was in the hands of a cool player like you.

> Throkk, I don't see you much (playtimes don't coincide) but you're a beast. Keep on truckin'.

Thank you.
Yeah, our times didn't overlap. We met like two or three times?
I think we could have had some fun banter, little sapling,
or it might have come to blows, hearing that your char was a mean
one ;-)

Take care, man. Thanks for a great game

67426, RE: Grief and griefers.
Posted by Klurak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had two other griefer characters wailing on me at the time. Hence why I was never prepared to fight you, and was dead most of the time when you caught me. All I wanted was you to prove you were yet another one out for grief and three people trying to spam kill me was enough to warrant deletion. I'm all for sticking out characters, but sometimes people are such ####ers you just don't want to play with them. Turns out, you were cooler. But you didn't give me any way to dodge certain death and it got really, really, really old. Fast.
67427, Thank God!
Posted by Fendril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The one time I was able to get you I about jumped up and pumped my fists in the air. And then what happened, 30 minutes later you came through and trounced me flat! I learned alot (by watching you whoop on me) on the proper way to play a flail spec. Awesome character and I enjoyed every interaction we had. I knew everytime you were awake, we would be going at it. Thanks for bringing even more to the fields. I had no idea you were an Imm, just knew you knew alot more than me!
67429, Damn...
Posted by Dragrahl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You always seemed to catch me with my pants down around my ankles. Either I was hiding and popped out of hiding to talk to someone, or I was in the middle of fighting someone else.

I knew to expect last/entwine/deadness.

You were definitely a skilled foe - and now I know why.
67443, I had maelstrom as my second legacy...
I was surprised as hell to see you visible, but even if not I was prepped to lash 2..
67474, After the first time you got me...
Posted by Dragrahl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only forgot that you had maelstrom one other time. *laugh*

After that, I remembered.
67433, That was you?!
Posted by Riv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. Well it was definitely fun mortal/immortal/wise. Wish in retrospect I'd stayed around a bit longer so we could've beat up on those evil guys that at least made me look bad :o Keep the game awesome as ever. Peace.
67444, Heh
I loved when you took Feilinal to show him what you'd done to your arm.

I was thinking to myself "this guy is a nutjob. I'll have to have fun with this when Twist talks to him/her next."

Heh.
67448, Something I forgot in my goodbye
Posted by Riv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing about my sirine grape transformation. I dunno if that was on purpose or what, but I had fun with it :) Hope we run into each other next mortal around. Er, if you're not trying to kill me anyway.
67438, RE: Well, that was fun. Mostly.
Posted by Player on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Twist's warriors have definatly been a Testiment to bad assery.
Kinda Ironic considering his IMM is the god of magic.
Well played char I interacted with as a few chars and was impressed with. Was fun to see you play off of the Goodie and outlander, IE not killing tribunal paladins and such and Trying to ward off instead of killing goodies in raid situations and such. Added a great deal of fun to the game. I wonder what we'll see next time you get the mortal bug. I wanna see a Twist Magey type char.
67441, He played Fobrin, elf invoker not too long ago nt
Posted by DaveT on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
67445, Yes, Dr. Kasty has diagnosed me...
He says I'm suffering from warrior overdose. Time for something different. :P
67440, RE: Well, that was fun. Mostly.
Posted by Corsix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was nice to have a Sunwarden around, the Fort seemed to be camped far less by outties than in my previous goodies.

Wished I could've interacted with you a bit more, though.
67451, RE: Well, that was fun. Mostly.
Posted by Cezar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great fights with you. You killed me once I remember and I never got to kill you. Think I got you to flee a time or two, and you did same to me (although I know you could have gotten me a few other times that I had just gotten out of battle). I always wanted to get you back for that kill. I remember it well because I had just taken that bludeoning edge and had an iron flail. I whacked you with it when I should have fled. Gave you the time you needed to finish me off. Nice work! Such a surprise to see I fought you twice with the same char!
67463, Hmph! You'll be missed.
Posted by Lietta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the RP. It's too bad you're gone. Outlander is on the downswing now for sure.

See you.

Hmph!
67464, Only fought with you once or twice.
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But damn you're a good fighter. I was suspecting something along the lines of an upper PKer or yourself.
67480, You're welcome. You reminded me of an ex-Sunwarden IC "Friend".
Posted by Hiajist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
67496, Oh noooosss! Come Back! Reactivate!
Posted by Jhoqu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rumble, rumble, rumble. Me and the wife just got back from a short vacation and I sit down to see what has happened in my game and I see this. I let out a distressed "Ahhh Horse####!" and my wife asks whats wrong from the other room. I announce that Willowhip has deleted and she gives me a "Willowhip? Really? He was Sunwarden right? Badass right?" Thats what I thought of you my firend. I have told enough mud stories to my very practical, dosen't game, mother of two, wife that she knew just who you were and knew it sucked.

Thanks for all you did for the cabal and my char. Seeing this deletion feels like a little bit of the glue that held the cabal together has worn away. I ment the things I told you in char, as I had never encountered a truely impressive elf warrior before Feil. Now I wish I would have heroed on out because I know you had alot to teach me. Keep playing morts as well as your Imm because they both add so much to game. I'll be seeing you in the fields soon enough I am sure.