Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Griv the Elder Shaman
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67333
67333, (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Griv the Elder Shaman
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Mar 21 23:07:36 2008

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Griv perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:shaman
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:90
67526, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Griv the Elder Shaman
Posted by Griv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to even post a farewell, but thanks for the comments. Shenkov had a pretty decent chat with me on tactics a day before I deleted, and I was really hoping to start following some of his tips. I learned quickly that Scion really isn't for the faint of heart and I tended to be surrounded by great killers, something I just wasn't.

I loved the interactions with Enlilth and if I had thought I could possibly become completely badass and prove myself in the end, I would have stuck with the character. The minotaur speech was more of a nuisance than anything else, at first I kept worrying that nobody would understand, then I just stopped caring. The initial empowerment with Enlilth was great and I think I have a log somewhere, I will need to look. (I can't believe you made me act out what I wanted :P )

So, this one goes into the CF learning file and I've moved on to another.

Thanks Enlilth, Shenkov... and Mizfara, I appreciate the fights, they got better as time went on.
67389, Not the Cow!!!!
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I had high hopes for you. I thought you were pretty cool in the long run. Praying from the butcher shop was priceless and a nice touch. Sorry to see you deleted, I was really hoping you'd step up and be uber deathful and change Enlilth's mind. Regardless, I enjoyed the interactions tremendously.

Note to whoever cares:

Don't profess to be "better" than all of your god's other followers and not be ready to prove it.

Addendum... Mino speech is way OP.

Good luck with whatever comes next, hope I didn't scare ya off of Enlilth. If you have empowerment interview log, I'd really like to relive that.
67390, RE: Not the Cow!!!!
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you imms at least get to see "mino speech" as normal speech? If not...man...that's harsh.
67391, RE: Not the Cow!!!!
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes and no...

Prays are normal, tells I believe are normal, but says are in mino speech.

There's a way around it, but it's confusing (to me), still somewhat painful (to me), and incredibly spammy which explains confusing and painful. Even with being able to see what he was saying in clear speech I made it a point to poke fun at his mino speech patterns. One day maybe i'd like to see the code that makes mino speech work.
67385, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Griv the Elder Shaman
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll be the first to admit: the two times I killed you were pretty cheesy. For the second one, I'm not even sure why you stuck around. Think I jumped you when you were gushing, and instead of bailing out you ran a couple rooms away and started spamming mend wounds. Anyway, hopefully I didn't contribute to this rage delete. Except for not detecting hidden, mino shaman does seem primed to be pretty nasty. Gore lag on a class that otherwise can't lag seems like a nifty thing to have.
67383, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Griv the Elder Shaman
Posted by Shenkov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can understand why you deleted -- you seemed to be having a pretty bad run.

But I'm also a little disappointed. Mainly, I guess, because I always wanted to see you succeed. You had a lot of heart and you tried very hard, and a mino shaman should have the potential to be pretty mean. But you seemed to be perpetually regearing. Oh well. Best of luck with your next.