Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Riv ili Rhodor the Mystic of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67202
67202, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Riv ili Rhodor the Mystic of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 18 15:48:37 2008

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Riv perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:338
67274, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Riv ili Rhodor the Mystic of the Wilds
Posted by Iggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a crazy bastard, I'll give you that much. Good fights, good fun, you just about got me that one time, and I don't think I let you get close after that.....good luck with the next

I
67368, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Riv ili Rhodor the Mystic of the Wilds
Posted by Riv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was weird but I really liked you, in character. A sort of yin-yang thing, I dunno. I'm sure you'll kick a lot of butt in the future. Thanks for the giggles.
67245, Plbthbthbthbthbthbth!!!
Posted by Careashiin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey!! *hop hop* Your Dead!

Ha, for some reason I always thought you were felar. Constantly having to remind myself that you weren't. I always had this stupid look on my face when you'd call me cousin trying to figure out how the hell you figure a felar and wood-elf are cousins, lol.

Firstly, I wanna say thanks for supporting me to Harbinger. I had no intentions of going for that so soon, and thought there could have been stronger choices. I hope you enjoyed my character and had a different experience each time you interacted with me.

With our solo-hunter natures, we really didn't get to mix it up that much against the crowd together, but we did get to pick each others brains on occassion and I am almost positive I had you laughing yourself out of your chair once or twice.

You had a very calm and wise demeanor in game, and I can truly appreciate that, being an Outlander leader. Neutral/Nuetral is not an easy spot to play out correctly, and I think you did it beautifully.

Congratulations on a great character, and thanks for everything.

Good luck on your next!
67246, RE: Plbthbthbthbthbthbth!!!
Thanks! Being true neut was the most important thing to my character and since I'm pretty sure everyone else in the cabal was chaotic I stressed over it more than anything else. This was my first cabal leader too and I spent those few days watching all the neutrals very carefully to figure out who _should_ be Harbinger. Despite how IC'ly crazy you made me more than a few times I thought you knocked it out the park. I hope you have a great time with it! Peace :)
67227, Goodbye
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well. That ends Riv.

Yesterday, you kept dying and I was getting a little worried and now you are con-dead. Woe is me.

I found Riv a very interesting and well-rounded character. You appeared real to me and very well RPed.

Initially Throkk thought you were a suicidal wimp, but you grew on him and in the end he regarded you as say the best friend's son, as in you got off a little more lightly than his own blood would have. But you were a thinker, not a fighter and as Throkk has aged, he has seen the need for more diverse roles among the outlanders.

Animists seem hard to pull off, but you ended up killing Geran and Igbah, which I find pretty awesome.

I think we had some good conversations. I especially liked the one where we discussed NBMs evil outlander shifter who had attacked (killed?) Riv a few times. The conversation seemed real and both parties grew from it, I think.

Good luck with your next. I am sure you can pull of something great!

67240, My favorite giant
You were an awesome role model for my char, I only wish I could have been a bit more successful there near the end. I didn't really want to be Harbinger but you were probably the only reason I even tried, that is, hoping to impress you. Ha. Keep on truckin'
67208, Where's my cookie?
Posted by Fendril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed talking with you. I would have liked to interact a bit more with you, but things just never seemed work out. In Fendril's eyes, you were not your a typical outlander. As in, not a complete savage running around in a loin cloth. To Fendril, you seemed too civilized to be chaotic. If that makes any sense. I was hoping I had found the cookie before you did. I was going to use it to barter to over to the order side. Good luck with your next.
67217, RE: Where's my cookie?
Ha, never figured out why I asked you for help with that quest, but I'm still glad I did. And as you see I wasn't chaotic ethos... I was actually about that close to joining Nexus before Werzidian sprung the "gaping maw" induction on me. C'est la vie. Thanks :)
67206, One root in tree gone now..
Posted by Vreksoek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh, con loss..geez. When you were telling me you were going to be gone for good I thought you were talking about deleting- had no idea you were near con death... you did seem a bit down in the dumps today.

Well Vrek liked Riv. I enjoyed your RP and it was fun shooting the crap with you. Now how the hell is Vrek gonna figure out what a paradox is? ;) Sometimes in order for tree to grow more bigger, old branch must die. I guess. Always a bit off on those ;P

You're gonna be missed. GLWYN and all that...
67207, RE: One root in tree gone now..
Heh, I was actually happy. I've been looking forward to moving on to something new for a while now, but it's bittersweet to leave. That's a paradox :)

Thanks, and good luck to you too. Save up those edges!
67204, Thanks for all the fish
Well animists suck! I really, really mean that too. :)

A couple weeks ago my playtime shrunk down to just above zero, and when I tried to log in and play again I realized I pretty much forgot where everything was. I know, hard to believe, but true. I did pretty much get myself killed at the end there, because I couldn't bring myself to delete, didn't want to auto like I did with my last guy, Yikoti, and I find it personally distasteful to play more than one character at a time. But hopefully no hard feelings, I had a great time playing with just about everyone I met.

A few things:

Give neutral ethos Outlanders something. Not even as cool as flying, but something!

Animists pets are freakin horrible. I think it would be cool that if they are lost through movement if they could be re-summoned right away.

Maybe third attack? Possibly?

Special goodbyes to everyone who made this character so enjoyable, especially all the Outlanders and Nexus and Twist. I actually had your tattoo once before, when Midgaard was still around, but it's way cooler now :)

Already working on my next guy, and hopefully this one will be a bit more deathfull...

67215, Lorespeaker!
Posted by Jhoqu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah! Man I didn't know you were this close to the end. Thanks for all the talks and helping me to define my char. Few people wish to not only tell a story but listen to one as well. I enjoyed your role and your roleplay as it was a bit diff than what I would expect for the Cabal. Because Outlanders seem to speak often but travel together rarely I didn;t get to be in your company as much as I would have liked. Thanks for adding to the story of the Cabal, you are a char I'll remember. Luck with your next and don't stay far from tall trees.
67218, Snow Bear!
You tell Jhoqu 'So you fear that your history will be lost for lack of a written record'

728/728|650/650|737/737||9 PM||lightning|FOREST
> reply And I fear that my history will be lost because of it
You tell Jhoqu 'And I fear that my history will be lost because of it'

Autosaving.

728/728|650/650|737/737||10 PM||lightning|FOREST
>
Jhoqu tells you 'Your story teach need have stories membered by speakers and have words marked on bark. Dat way words not lost and can not be taken.'

728/728|650/650|737/737||11 PM||lightning|FOREST
> reply Once again you honor me my understanding my words, comrade.
You tell Jhoqu 'Once again you honor me my understanding my words, comrade.'

This conversation was really one of the highlights of the whole character, of my CF career actually, and it unfolded so..."naturally," I enjoyed the hell out of it. Thanks! And good luck with stuff in the future :)
67233, RE: Thanks for all the fish
Posted by Praeto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had fun interacting with you and talking about the dynamics of how our two chars could remain friends even though we were enemies at times. You were fun to play with and had fun talking to you.
67241, RE: Thanks for all the fish
Likewise, totally. `
67234, I wondered if this wasn't coming....
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The last talk we had, where you asked for (and got) some CON, you sorta had an aura of "I'll be deleting soon" about you. But I've seen others like that, who ended up sticking it out.

Hope you had fun. I honestly didn't understand wtf you wanted a lot of the time. But that's cool, Twist can be hard to read a lot too.

Ask Shenkov. :)
67239, RE: I wondered if this wasn't coming....
Yeah, honestly I surprised myself by how long I stuck it out. I've played a few rangers before and I always end up hating the mechanics of the class by the time I hit a hundred hours. But I keep trying... Anyway, thanks again for the love, esp. sending Iltch to straighten me out :)

Oh and farewell to Iltch and Shenkov too. I loved that we could be mortal enemies and still be civil to each other ;)
67277, RE: I wondered if this wasn't coming....
Posted by Shenkov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once you got tat'd by Twist, Shenkov decided you were A-OK in his book. Except for the whole mortal enemy thing. Hope you enjoyed our fights as much as I did. There were some close ones.

And as for animists sucking, during a few of our battles, I was thinking "God, I hope he doesn't do XXXXX." But you never did, and I was soooo happy I was able to survive/win. I think people who say animists suck don't completely realize how nasty some of their abilities can be.

But then again, I was only one character/class. I couldn't honestly say I know how the rest of your fights went. And my experiences with certain ranger builds I'll admit were amazingly frustrating and disappointing.

And as for Twist's hard-to-read-ness, well, let me put it this way: My wasting a couple hundred hours playing a ranger to hero only to realize I can't seal kills on anyone made me want to shake my fist. Certain interactions I've had with Twist made me want to bash my head through my computer monitor.

But deep down, I think I love the punishment.
67283, This is an example
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
of someone that is bad-ass in pk but adds to the game.
67317, Hrmph.
Posted by Feilinal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed being around you. I liked that we could have a little conflict but still depend on each other. Still can't believe you thought we shouldn't necessarily take the Codex. Neut/Neut. Hrmph.

Had fun running around with you the few times we did, even if every time I seemed to get one or both of us killed. :P

Good luck with the next!
67339, You REALLY had me confused!
Posted by Ckol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
LOVED interacting with you, started out as friends. Then some rumour told me that you were a nexite, and you didn't deny it. So I attacked you... Then during our fight I am told you're not a nexite, but now I've cought a glimpse of your tatoo. So I was like, WTF, think I'll have to fight this dude.

Awesome fight we had, lasted for a LONG time. I was certain that I would get you, if I just had gotten you pinned down. I outmeleed you in the forest even. heh.

I hope I get to interact with your next one as well.
67203, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Riv ili Rhodor the Mystic of the Wilds
Posted by Dizari on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
C CLOUD!!!

What happened to you at the end? You were usually down to get into it. By the way why did you suicide on me and igbah about 8 times in a row the one day?
67205, I couldn't find anything to barter for a boat...
Sorta sucked any remaining desire to play out of me, ha. And no, I actually didn't suicide (on purpose) before today. I was just very fragile...I think I missed getting you back but I did finally kill Igbah, in Hamsah even. That was a good day :)
67225, You know, you really should explore a bit more. 15 lb wearable boat FTW!!!! NT
Posted by DaBull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
67338, Hrmph. I told you not to die on me!
Posted by Grecken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I finally get down from my week in the mountains and you're dead. I was afraid of that. I liked Riv and had a lot of fun with our interactions. I gotta get around to logging on and see how much I forgot myself. It was fun. See ya around.

Grecken