Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Armin Stahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67159
67159, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Armin Stahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 15 20:04:37 2008

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Armin perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:119
67163, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Armin Stahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Armin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, to begin with, this character was a re-hash of Raun Solintar, my first Fortie. I had taken off a while, (Three...Four years?) and played other online games for a while. I come back and everything seemed to be in the general locations with a few new suprises to the changes in skill. It was a bit too late to recover at level 51, I should have spent more time re-learning instead of just going 'Duh, yeah' when someone offered to go grind EXP some where. I loved RPing Armin though, he was fun but sadly, you can't just RP in this game. My PK ability, to qoute a certain assassin, was like mayonase. This character, if I remember correctly, NEVER won a fight. He successfully ran some people who he attacked off, but never killed anyone, which matched his belief of preserving life but it was still really fusterating to not even be able to stand against anyone. I believe its mostly my choices (I made some bad ones) with legacies and my weapon combos, but again, it was linked into my RP. As far as religion goes, it was really confusing...Iunna was more like a really good friend to him then a god to 'worship' which was refreshing and interesting. I mean, come on, who wouldn't like being able to go into their god's shrine, get a nice, cold beer and sit down for a good talk? I'm also sure that I probably wore Acvilar's nerves to paper thin.

I really liked my interactions with Iunna, Hada, Bryn, Ren, Acvilar, Hiaj, Miz, and all the others. I'm rolling another character, and maybe you'll all see me again soon. And Bryn, I'm sorry.
67166, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Armin Stahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bummer. I figured you were kind of new as well, but given you made it o hero I was thinking you'd stick around for a while. Hope that chat we had on the chess board was helpful in some small way.

One question: was it Armin's role, or your inclination as a player, to always say "dammit!" over cb? I guess that's not the end of the world, but it seemed a little strange for an acolyte.
67168, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Armin Stahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Well, I was in the Army, so I picked up on the language and say stuff I really shouldn't in places I know I shouldn't, but its a habit. I figured Armin, being a Warrior, would do the same from things he learned while being drilled and taught around other Warriors. His fater was a Paladin, yes, but his mother's side of the family was more wild (Its where his chaotic nature came from :3). So, therefore, you have cursing, but its done only out of fusteration.

Armin also had to deal with him feeling 'useless' all the time because he was a Warrior in pretty much a caster/communer role (Paladin, Healer, Transmuter, ect)
67171, Damn, loverboy.
Posted by Reniste on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go, you were pretty fun to roleplay at. Too bad noone told you all you had to do was bash to win fights though. Bash bash bash! Hehe, see you around.
67172, RE: Damn, loverboy.
Yeah, I tried that...And Trip...And crushing blow...And everything else everyone told me to do. I just suck >:P
67183, RE: Damn, loverboy.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My first hero was a sword-using half-elf warrior. In the Knight cabal, I think. And I don't recall ever killing anyone either. I did die a lot, though.

But just look at the level of mediocrity I've achieved now! Heh.
67181, Darnit
Posted by Hadashdakon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well shoot Armin, I feel you on the PK standpoint, but half my fun is learning regear locations and timing myself.... I'm really going to miss you and Bryn, I had some great times with you two, I remeber taking a few day off from CF and BAM! Your Heroed. Half my goal was to get back up there with you and start the roleplays again. I think you had a great rounded character, pulling out an Acolyte from a warrior is never an easy task, but from what I saw of your role you were doing Great. This maybe a PK mud, but the fun we have together can sometimes be worth more than an insane PK win. Going to miss you man, and another down for sending steaks
Hadashdakon
67186, RE: Darnit
Little do you know that you've already been RPing and adventuring with my character a couple of times now :3
67335, Armin Stahl
Posted by Istdinen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to say this is a little disappointing. I thought I worked hard to get you among us, thought you were one of the few who understood the message I was trying to send and then this. After Acolyte no less. I'm sorry to see the departure, but I do hope to run into another incarnation of you on either side of the fence.

Enilith may beat me for this one, but Yean is pretty generous with the libations , 60% more chewy Jello shots in every visit! I'm kidding. So I doubt Acvilar is hurting. One of the upsides of worshiping a previous bard type is that they sometimes find it amusing to get you blind drunk.

I really liked Armin, pulled for him more than any other I had previously recommended and he did not let me down. I hope you give it another shot soon. Warriors are always difficult for me, but I have to say I love playing them.

Good luck to you.

Mal
67160, I'm really sad to see this.
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From certain interactions I knew you were kind of new. But I really enjoyed your character. Keep going, things only get easier.
67164, RE: I'm really sad to see this.
Thanks! I've rolled another goodie, and you'll probably see me blundering around soon enough.