Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Sovusk the Osotogari
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67076
67076, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Sovusk the Osotogari
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Mar 10 17:18:02 2008

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Sovusk perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:34
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:83
67093, Sovusk
Posted by Istdinen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this. I really enjoyed our interactions and you were never afraid to mix it up with our without help.

Good luck with the next.
67078, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Sovusk the Osotogari
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bummer man. I actually contemplated posting something on Dio's just say, "Hang in there," but I guess it would have been too late anyway.

You were pretty gutsy, and seemed to have a decent amount of success. I'm still amazed you killed that anti-paladin who had you slept and spelled up beneath Arkham. That was pretty smooth.

I had a full set of midnight gear ready for you; all we needed was for a paladin to log on and clean it up. At the very least, you could have grabbed it from the chest, quit, then cross you fingers that there'd be a paladin around when you next logged in.

Didn't know about the no-hide thing. That's freaking rough. I think the lesson to take away is this: don't play weird concept characters if you're going to be ticked off when your "weird concept" doesn't result in a torrent of immteraction. I'm not saying don't play them, just don't predicate your character's existence on the expectation of imm-love.
67079, agree 110% thanks for the help jokester n/t
Posted by Sovusk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asdf
67077, Lets see if I can hash this out properly...
Posted by Sovusk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alright so here we go. I made an assassin that didnt hide, I mainly wanted to RP it like mad, thinking that hiding meant you could feel the pull of the shadows and darkness etc. People mostly kept being like "PSST HIDE" pretty funny stuff. Anyway, for a long time I have really hated hated centurions/healers. Today solified it. When 3/4 people are hitting one centurion (ranges from 32-40). Get it to convulsing, then to have a healer walk in, black sanc it, and then heal it back is just plain stupid. Rabble rabble rabble.

Next: Imms- thanks to the imms who popped me for my role, I hope it was an interesting read, maybe I need to work on it more to win a role contest. Enlilth thanks for the interaction, was a fun chat. Baer... Uhh who? tried praying all at different times, RP'd etc etc etc didnt even get a whiff of anything. I really need to stop handicapping my chars and then trying to make up for it in some manner with Imm loving.

Players- Some are cool mizfara thanks for the help, daich for the induction. Ill try and keep this less whiney (ha). There is really something wrong with the playerbase, its always been there, maybe I just have noticed it more lately. Just because you looted a hero or multiple heroes got a nice set and some good weapons, and you manage to pk someone alone (or gang them or with a pocket healer) doesnt really make you a good player. Or because you beat my ass once, doesnt mean you are going to the next 500 times. The having to regear 5 times today because all my decent and im talking +1 +2 hit and dam here and there really soured things from me.

As a player if I kill someone who is already writhing/ganging or other things I feel pretty ####ty if I take more than 1 piece, if anything at all. Sure it can be "evil" RP but its really just some douchebag at a computer being a douchebag. For the sake of newbies, and sorta newbs (me), I really advise the player base to next time when you snag a kill, to take 1 second, look at the corpse and ask yourself "would I enjoy getting stuff looted in this situation?". Ill pass this advice to groups as well. People say "well I only took 3 things" well if you take 3 your buddy takes 2 and random groupmate #3 takes 1/2 guess what, that person wont really have squat left. So please try and limit the looting.

See you in the fields
67082, RE: Lets see if I can hash this out properly...
Posted by Firata on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am one of those people who told you to hide. Your idea was awesome, but as Mizfara said you have to go with it all the way. I dont think I can play something like that. Good Luck on your next.
67084, RE: Lets see if I can hash this out properly...
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You ho! I just plugged your role into my overcomplicated rating system. Next time delete before I read it! As far as that goes. I liked the role. It wasn't one of my front runners, but I really liked it regardless.

I enjoyed our interaction and watched you a bit here and there and thought you were tough. Good luck with the next.
67088, I hate losing a good enemy. Feels like someone punched my dog. NT
Posted by Vrtainen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
67098, RE: Lets see if I can hash this out properly...
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry - I have been around, but I don't think I saw you pray much for me during my pray times. I'm having a problem with my imm forums cert right now (expired), so I can't see any pray logs, so I'm very sorry about that that I missed you.

Good luck on your next.