Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=66995
66995, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Mar 5 16:33:13 2008

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Chuhanrun perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:34
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:72
67005, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shield
Posted by Praeto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you Chu, was fun to talk to you in your role and I really enjoyed interacting with you. Good fun char to play with and good luck with your next, I always enjoyed CB banter when you were around, and our talks before you joined the guild. Next time get a more accurate axe for carving logs!
66998, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shie...
Posted by Chuhanrun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun. I rolled this character for something to do while recuperating from knee surgery. Recuperation is officially done as of last weekend. I have much less time to mud and I was frustrated with progress I was making with this character. I wanted to get to 48 to try some things but knew I would be slaughtered pretty quickly

Mostly positive things to say for everyone save a certain character I find to be annoyingly contrived. My role was very simple, but I like that it was allowed to "organically" go in the direction I wanted. Jalenkan and Praeto were the two key player characters that helped develop my character, so big thanks to you both.

I knew I wanted to play a cloud nexus flail character. I was kind of tickled at the imm-exp I got for my role as I feel my roles are usually not given much (and perhaps rightfully so). I took the Susceptible to Magic and Reckless flaws. I will never take Reckless again and want to warn everyone about it because I really didn't think it would be as detrimental as it was--It's nearly the equivalent of being unable to flee/retreat in any situation. I died so many mob deaths and can't even imagine how much I would die when I would start raiding at inners. DON'T TAKE THIS FLAW UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE PERMANENTLY ENTWINED.

Andaayhn, cool character. A beast, and well roleplayed from what I've seen.

Grecken, seemed cool, didn't know you too much though.

Praeto, very helpful. I really like your description too--I was tempted to pray to give you props for it but felt weird about it.

Crypto, cool character! Would have been fun running around with you!

Nitch, thanks for all your help and the awesome gear :)

Balglaren, I didn't see much of you, but what I did seemed pretty cool.

Nerisa, also very cool. There were a few odd slips, but all in all the concept is pretty neat.

Leclaire, one of the best characters I interacted with. It's a shame as you'll probably be overlooked by most people.

Jalenkan, thanks for being cool. I was begging for someone to point me in the direction of Nexus and you did. You were my favorite foe--I'm just lucky I had that nice level 30 iron flail :)

Djabree, ouch :)

I might have forgot some other people. I plan on playing the concept again (in slightly altered form, of course) when I have more time. Take care...
67006, Chu!
Posted by Nerisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Nerisa, also very cool. There were a few odd slips, but all
>in all the concept is pretty neat.
>
I am having a lot of fun with my strange role, and slips like that stupid echo from my failed gate make my life chaotic fun. Why people in the room should know who I'm gating to on a failed gate but not on a successful gate is a strange distinction, but in our case it put me in a very awkward position. I have missed Chuey already, because you were always fun and I enjoyed your sense of humor.
67007, RE: Chu!
Posted by Chun Chun Chun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No worries, I was just taken aback by the slip in what was otherwise a very smoove role.

I hope your character continues to develop--it looks like it has a lot of potential!
67017, Chuhanrun
Posted by Jalenkan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have no idea how angry I was that you blamed going to the nexus on me... even if it was rp and I knew you likely wanted to do it in your head anyway... still I really disliked that you may have went to the wrong side because of something I said in my ic eyes. I despise you even worse that you deleted before I had the chance to fight you again, as I picked up a few anti-cloud giant weapons just because of you. Anyway, you were darn stout with those flails, I will have to admit. I hope if you make another and I am still around or in another form because I really really REALLY don't like it when I miss a chance at a good dual mainly because I do not think 0-1-3 is a good record for me to have against you. If you logged any of our fights feel free to post them I don't mind, as long as its just the fight.
67018, It's at least 1-1-3...maybe 1-1-4
Posted by Chun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel like I killed you 4 times maybe though? Twice on Skull Sword day and Twice on Applicant Raid day? I didn't log anything though...

You got me outside Tar Valon that one time...of course it helps a sword spec to have opponents that can't flee, but I was surprised at how quickly I died :)

I felt bad about dragging you to Tar Valon to duel you (I was going to delete after the fight whatever the outcome) and then going off to try and rank this afternoon...sorry about that.

I'm pretty sure you would have beat me today though! It was hard for me hold my character's hatred of battleragers when it came to you...you're a very good opponent and fun person to play with/against. Best of luck to you!
67026, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shie...
Posted by Leclaire on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was good running around with you there for a while. It was interesting how we grew together, to say the least. I really got the vibe that I was talking with someone really trying to put forth a good effort towards being a giant. Its a shame you decided to take that reckless flaw. I think most of the non stat loss flaws are for masochists. Anyway, hope you've got something in the works already. I enjoyed meeting you.
67032, Certainly explains why I don't see you much anymore.
Posted by Grecken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Chu's cloud speak. I don't think you'd have gotten slaughtered in the upper ranges. But still it was good to have a solid warrior in the lower ranges to defend against the applicant hordes.
66997, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shield
Posted by Firata on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why did you delete? Hopefully its not because of me.

I like having you around. GLWYN
66999, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shield
Posted by Chun chun chun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No worries. You were neat too, though it was hard to get into your character for me because you seemed so aloof.

I was planning on fighting Jalenkan and deleting when yous showed up. I thought to myself: if I can finally get some ranks quickly maybe I'll give it a try.

Unfortunately, I can never get ranks quickly :)

You certainly seem very assassin-y. Hope you are enjoying your character, and good luck!
66996, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shield
Posted by Cryptodiro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer big scurvy bastard yer, get me ta join them seekers then up and delete!!!
Whose gonna save my pirate arse when a thief steals me boat?!

(Great character and alot of fun to be around, a shame you didn't stick it out I think we could have been a bad ass team at hero. GLWYN)
67012, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chuhanrun the Warrior of the Shield
Posted by Chun chun chun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought our dual application was pretty, well, neat. It really would have been fun to keep going around with you--I just couldn't hack it with this character though.

I don't know if you noticed, but after you lost link while writing our scroll I sent my own out of desperation :)

I think Crypto... has a lot of potential. I'm certainly rooting for you!