Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mryzzle GoldenClaw the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=66547
66547, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mryzzle GoldenClaw the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Feb 18 21:31:12 2008

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Mryzzle perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:130
66567, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mryzzle GoldenClaw the Dai Sen...
Posted by Iggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good char as always, I'm wondering what your going to come up with next. God dam it's been a long time since we were on the same side. Hahahahah

Good job

Iggy
66575, Test character next I think
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gotta try something different and see what I think. You were a fun foe most of the time, though you are very good at using that nightwalker to bash behind. I never went into a fight willingly with you without trance, that would have been suicide. You still ripped me a new one that one time, but then I remembered who your buddy was. Trance is awesome, but it doesn't beat quickening!
66553, Way too boring.
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People can't believe I would delete a "role contest" winner this quick, but when you would rather watch TV (and I never watch TV) than log into a "chore" its time to delete. I do want to thank Twist for picking my role and I'm sure the skills would have been noticeable at some point. I never saw much out of them, but I'm sure I might have. The interaction was the best part, and I'm thankful for that. Sorry to Marcatis for not following through, but our times didn't match up. I had to log in from work to try and find you, and thats just not as easy as it used to be (new position and all). I hope the answer was that we all have the knowledge within us, but we choose to not follow it. If not, please clarify should I ever try again. I don't like to just qoute help files, so I was trying to spin it with my own thoughts. Oh well

Well, like I said, I would log in and be bored. I made Mryzzle because every time I turned around as Zridv the balance was leaning heavy toward evil, not necessarily because of Empire. I figured a Maran would help things a bit, it seems everyone else got the same idea. Very rarely were there enemies about and you can only fight a lich alone so often. I tried to make combat good for those I went against, and I did get lucky with a few kills, like Ravon and such.

SIphana - THanks for all the fun, and being supportive. I learned a good number of things and saw some stuff I hadn't explored yet. I got to learn more of ST and that was cool. I look forward to exploring that more someday.

One of the complaints I will voice is about what seemed to be a stifling of role play within the fortress. I was pretty ticked ooc when Yean's paladins got booted from the Fort because they wouldn't let Siphana heal them. I understand that working together is good, but honestly, let a man take his own path, if he doesn't want to voice that he is going to die, let him play it with pride, not boot him because he won't rely on a "crutch." I felt like my own role was harmed from a conversation with one Imm, where I got the feeling that my idea of being self-reliant and shy wasn't going to get me anywhere. Well, I wish I had known about Yean when I made Mryz, because he would have fit very well. Anyway, I ended up working more interactions into my role, which was the plan, but much sooner than I wanted to, just because being a squire sucks. You have all of the responsibility with very little help. My opinion, at least let their mantle make them fly when they are old enough.

Anyway, back to work, post something and I'll respond.
66555, RE: Way too boring.
Posted by Jarrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, sorry it got so boring for you, and for not being able to spend a bit more time with your char. I really enjoyed your RP when we went learning together! Hope you have more fun with your next.
66572, My first friend
You were my first friend, you made it into the role. What did you think of the picture thing? When my PBF gets up, you can read what came of it. I just wish I had seen you around more after that, you kinda fell off for awhile. Oh well, adopt some little felar and treat him like a brother for me. :) Mryz was an orphan and smaller than the other kids, so he always sat back. You were the first "friend" he made outside of his "dad." Anyway, thanks for being cool.
66609, RE: My first friend
Posted by Jarrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved the picture! That was probably the most unique use of emote I've ever seen, and I really liked it. I might even experiment with that sort of thing myself some time;)
66556, Later bro..stxt
Posted by Jhoqu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about the kill. I just could not see any way around getting you out of the way so I could try the conjuer. Outlanders are not required to kill all assassians and I had not struck you many times before, but that time was circumstance. I know our interactions were limited but I appreciated how you handled the roleplay on the backend of the event I am speaking about. See you in the fields again soon I hope.
66573, Its cool
At first I was pretty ticked because I didn't understand. I was also VERY ticked because you somehow permalagged me. I've never been permalagged for that much combat by a ranger. I was shocked to say the least. You left everything though, and so the anger was easier to let go. :) Good luck!
66557, Fortress sucks because to many people want to solo
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And save Thera Single handedly.

Any attempt to put some order or discipline in it is lambasted as evil and yada yada yada.

Not saying that about you, but in general.
66560, My approach
Posted by Myrz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My approach with Mryz was to learn by himself, which he did because of his "role" until the 30th level. He was very selective of who he then learned with, first one being another goodie felar. The plan was to then at 40 learn in a bigger group, and establish more friendship...but slowly. Mryz's philosophy was that when it was about things he could do, he would do it nearly alone. When it was for the greater good, he was all about being together, working together. Raids, defenses and the like, he got over his issues because he needed to for the team. That was the idea. I got the sense that this wasn't good enough. Its ok, just my take on it.
66564, Some folks...
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...just can't grasp the concept of the Brigade being a military organization, which is what they are. I tried to bring that out, and did so with some success...but in general, the game is more enjoyable with one-on-one fights and everyone knows this. However, in raids that is when the real Full Metal Jacket aspect of the Fort should come into play.

66559, Thanks for the fights.
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I for one think self-reliance is cool and I noticed that Mryzzle was often just doing his own thing.

That said, Mryzzle seemed less aggressive and easier to handle than Zridv. I don't know if it was just circumstance or luck or whatever.

I hope you find a good mix between action and role next time.
66574, Throkk
Posted by Mryzzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
MAn you were a tough foe. I did seem to handle you better with Zridv, but Zridv used a shield and what not. Mryz was based on unarmed fighting. I don't know why, but my unarmed defense got stuck at 95 until I died, and I fought a lot of hard things and people between when it stuck, and when I died. RNG just hated me! Oh well, I got axe defense after losing bad to you, so I wonder how the next one would have gone. You hit like a truck though, so I'm sure it wouldn't have gone too well for me!

Good luck!
Aaron
66562, Nice role, decent char...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure about what to give the Mryzzle Shyzzle fo' rizzle, yizzle.

Believe it or not, I threw around the idea of giving you forceduel (and only that). Unfortunately, there were several reasons not to:

1. You weren't really about Honor (not that you were dishonorable, but it sure wasn't your *life*), which meant that making you an Ehren Guard (and giving you the inherent bennies, such as inner healing) would be bad.

2. The code is written in such a way that to use FD, you *must* be Ehren Guard.

3. I didn't (don't) want a flood of Balgrimnrites. He's dead. Getoverit. :)

4. Sadly, I didn't want to have to deal with the potential assload of complaints about it. One can only see so many "Niheriva was a coward/Cabdru cheated/Drakizar(sp?) isn't Honorable/Hunsobo ate my cookies" posts before they start to wear on ya.*

That said, I wanted to give you some fairly nice stuff, and I figured the big thing that assassins have trouble with, in melee combat, is axes and maces. I threw in whip defense largely because you'd defeated Ravon so it seemed to fit. It's admittedly one of those quest rewards that is nice but sorta "meh" because there's no echo, or pretty colors, or anything that says "YOUR QUEST REWARD JUST SAVED YOU FROM A MANGLE" or anything like that. Did you tank axes/maces/whips better after the reward? Probably. I kind of liken it to a whip/dagger warrior getting something like ward of blades as a quest reward. Helpful, but no real way to know exactly *how* helpful.

Anyhow, good luck with the next char!

* I'd have put up with all of this if there was a way to just get you FD and not be EG, but combined it made it not worth it.
66565, This post made me do something bad in my pants.
Posted by DaBull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's still!!!! out there!!!!!

Oh man, I'm definitely writing a role with sphere honor and just waiting for the next role contest you judge :)
66570, I appreciate that you liked the role.
I didn't think it was as good as Zridv's, but it had a neat quality. I think I'm starting to get the hang of what you guys like/are looking for. I have a neat idea coming, but i gotta try something else first. :) Been taking more time away from CF lately to just chill. Just upgraded to HD Direct TV from cable and have three months of free movie channels with a DVR. I've been taping a few (lots) of movies. :)

Anyway, thanks again.
66563, Really liked you
Posted by Daichyl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You looked like you were fighting quite well and doing well. Kinda liked you like you were my sensei and I did try to respect you the way a student would with his master. Hell, I interview like you did to me! Hah!

When I told you last time I saw you what were you up to, I wanted to duel you because to me, fighting you to test my friend would have been to my character some comfort in his capacities. But then, you just went and deleted. Bleh.

So yeah, good lost here. Hope you don't turn on us now! (I guess you will, duh)

GLWYN
66571, A different angle
I did try to treat Daichyl like my pupil and I'm glad you liked it. Another thing that I'm finding with my style of play, is that I want to get others involved in my role. Jarrna was involved for awhile, but he kinda disappeared on me, so we didn't get to develop much. I hope that I make a lasting impression on a few people. I'm no steller RPer, but I'm working on it. :)

Have fun, the Fort is a little less full now, so that should be good for you and competition.