Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Iltch Crest'Magiere the Poised, Rhyme of Resistance, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=66478
66478, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Iltch Crest'Magiere the Poised, Rhyme of Resistance, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Feb 15 19:09:29 2008

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Iltch perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:418
66735, Poking my head in
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh... so Iltch finally kicked the bucket!

Darn good player who rose in ranks fast within the cabal. A bit bloodthirsty for Kiraan, but boy you rocked and pwned most who can't see hidden. I've also wondered who played Iltch. Thought it was Pro.

And then this thread went into some ugly flame-fest.

I won't be playing CF for quite some time. Deep in project work and family life.

Wish you well in your future chars.

Kiraan
66524, apparently a liked character.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But you full looted me, felt compelled to respond and lie about it OOC.

So fo my part I think you were pretty ####ty.
66525, Play one better.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Then, reread the forum rules re: constructive criticism so we don't have to reinstate one of your many bans. We're tired of clearing the potshots out of every other character's threads, and you've been smacked for going OOC more often than the people you accuse.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
66530, I didn't say he took the Character OOC.
He went to the Other forum and defended/denied.

I fail to see what's unconstructive about addressing a specific grievance against my character.

He did what I am accusing him of doing and what he denies/lies about doing. To me, that's worth mentioning. I never accused him of a rules violation or anything that said his character sucked.

What I am saying is that he did something and lied about it rather than having the sack to say, "Yeah, I did that."

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I suppose it's possible he just happened to be carrying nearly an exact set of what I had previously been wearing.

I suppose it's possible he would assist a Battle rager to recover something lost to a bard he was said to be attacked at the hip.

As for My OOCishness. I don't think you can tag that on me with any characters within the last 2-3 years.
66531, attacked = attached. n/t
xdfg
66533, I'll go to any forum and defend/deny. .
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..something I didn't do. And it's not like it's a huge deal. I arranged for you to die IC and took the things I needed out of your corpse, which were a sword and dagger. The guy that looted you even came out and said 'Hey I looted you, what's your deal.'

At the end of the day, what the heck does it even matter, why is this so important to you that you'd keep pushing to the point of almost getting banned from this forum? How bored are you with life?
66535, Another lie.
The guy said he tried. But as a felar he couldn't.

I looked at you. I peeked at your inventory. You did it.

You chose to respond to my goodbye thread and say you didn't when you did.

You did it. It's me dude. For what ever my faults are, I don't make #### up. You did it.
66536, Okay, done wasting my time with you.
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=65450&mesg_id=65688&page=5

"the assassin you were fighting bc you are crying wolf"
Author Virnosh (Guest)
Author Info
Date Fri 25-Jan-08 10:56 PM

In response to Reply #27

You were hunting my ass down. I ran to the healer to heal up. You fled out and some other guy kills you. I pull a get all corpse because you pissed me off. (I do suck at regearing too.) Then you run in and still manage to get half of your #### before I can look to see what I took.

I'm probably screwing my char over but damn. You guys are crying wolf all over the place.

He said what now asshole? Nowhere did he say he didn't get anything, looks to me like he got half. See ya!
66541, Selective reading?
I was left with exactly a dagger and a sword. Which, without bothering to read I recall adding to that discussion.

That is not half by far. He was a felar and likly picked up the top layer of my crap which would consist of a boat and some junk I stole of the Duergar.

When I looked at you. YOU, not him, not the Duergar. YOU, had most the armor that had previously been mine.

There is no way around it man. You full looted my char after god knows what happened between you that other thief and the bard. For some reason don't have the sack to admit it.

To me the felar guy is a non-issue.
66543, RE: Selective reading?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>There is no way around it man. You full looted my char after
>god knows what happened between you that other thief and the
>bard.

Were those all unique items?

I'm just saying, two similarly built characters are probably going to go after a lot of the same gear. It's not beyond possibility that you're both telling the truth.
66561, RE: Selective reading?
Posted by Felar Assassin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You, sir, are weird and are carrying this too far. Your final response on Dio's was asking me why I got involved at all, when you and another were flaming Iltch.

Point of fact, I took a good portion of you gear, I know this because I went through it piece by piece and left alot in the Arkham sewers.

Point of fact, I saw you come in and take a good portion of your stuff back.

Will someone please explain to me when full loot shifted from looting a person in full to whatever it is now? Back in the 90s when I first played full loot was just that. FULL. Now it means anytime you took something from someone that they wanted. But I digress.

You, sir, are weird and are carrying this too far.
66566, It's because of gray areas like this that the line blurred, now you're right, if like four or five things are taken it's a full-loot.
Posted by DaBull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
<|9%|9%hp 12%m 99%/100%mv (13100tnl) |7 AM| (waxing)(indoor)(none)>
Savarnic gets a large sack from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets low-cut taglohide boots from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets etched steel armguards from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a topaz stone necklace from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets some comfortable chainmail gauntlets from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets some comfortable chainmail leggings from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets an elven-skin bracer from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a breastplate decorated with red enamel from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets the flaming scepter of Chaos from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a notched axe with a wicked blade from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a belt of shimmering snake skin from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets an etched brass coif from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a richly grained fur trimmed bracer from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a shield from the hide of a snow worm from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a skin from the snow leopard from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets an envenomed dagger from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a jeweled dagger from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets the spider axe from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets a fist of lightning from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
Savarnic gets an envenomed dagger from the corpse of Vhergruhl.

<|9%|9%hp 12%m 99%/100%mv (13100tnl) |7 AM| (waxing)(indoor)(none)>
Savarnic leaves north.

<|9%|9%hp 12%m 99%/100%mv (13100tnl) |7 AM| (waxing)(indoor)(none)> get all corpse
You get a living Boa Constrictor from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
You get an axe with a blade of opal from the corpse of Vhergruhl.
You get an elegant silver rapier from the corpse of Vhergruhl.

Is that a full loot? By the definition of the word, no, but I was rather upset.
66569, Yeh but that example kinda sucks...
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Obviously Savarnic had recently been slain or was regearing....

To put an end to the full loot whining, they should impliment the victor automatically collects three choice items, and everything else on a corpse disintegrates.

66576, I disagree
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"To put an end to the full loot whining, they should impliment the victor automatically collects three choice items, and everything else on a corpse disintegrates."

No, I think people just need to learn to deal with it. I was full looted and lost about 450hp worth of gear. Within a half hour or so I had about 350hp gathered back up, and avg 28 weapon, and more than enough means to collect what I needed to keep going.

You can whine, (and most likely cause said looter to do it again because you're a whiny brat) or you can saddle up and regear. Once you get over the fact DEATH relinquishes all rights to your "previously" owned items, you will have a much less frustrating time dealing with it. Nothing chaps my ass more than Someone tells you: Where are my things? You stole my items? You looted me?

No ####! I killed you, MY items now.

The sooner we handicap looting deaths, the sooner we should be renamed to the text version of WOW. You got full looted, so what?
Don't die next time, and go regear instead of pout.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
66580, RE: I disagree
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I was
>full looted and lost about 450hp worth of gear. Within a half
>hour or so I had about 350hp gathered back up, and avg 28
>weapon, and more than enough means to collect what I needed to
>keep going.

People always trot this line out whenever someone complains about being looted. Just go pull yourself up by the boot straps. It may be true "in spirit", but in reality, if you can go out and replace your set that easily then your set wasn't that hot to start with.

Looking back to my last hero, I lost some pretty nice sets, like three times, to the exact same lowbie looter. It didn't bother me that much because, at the time, I had a Hunsobo who was willing to expedite the regearing process. Sure, I could have gotten *most* (but not all) of the regear stuff on my own, but it would have taken literally ten times as long. Now consider a character like a decked lvl 40 thief, without someone to help him. That guy's regear is going to suck ass. And that's what makes it so frustrating.
66581, Bad example
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not Hunsobo. That's a great example. The level 40 decked thief. That's a bad example.

My issue with playing a thief would be that I can get all this great shiny gear pretty damn easy, but I still tend to suck in a stand-up fight (against several classes, anyway). NOT the reverse. I'd look at re-gearing as one of the best parts of playing the thief class. Or at least not nearly as bad as regearing, say, healer. Or shaman for that matter. :)

As for looting, I'm not one to complain a *ton* when I get looted (though I'm as guilty as the next guy for finding it unfair that half of what used to be my shizzle gets taken by the same guy who I left everything behind for), but I will say that I think the game is more fun for everyone if, when you kill someone, you take a couple choice pieces and move on.

And lowbie looters suck.

Unless they are me. :P
66582, RE: Bad example
Depends. The thief can steal stuff, obviously, but if he's banking on regearing himself off mobs? Sort of tough. Warrior is a better example, since their potency is largely predicated on gear.

As for lowbie looting...yeah, if my role permits and some hero dies in front of me, damn straight I'm taking that stuff. I just don't turn around and pretend it's "not a big deal" for the hero and that he should have his set back in 10 minutes time.
66588, RE: I disagree
I dunno man, playing Bseter, any time I got looted I would make a few runs here and there, get the weapons I wanted, a few choice gear items, and plenty of other items to be more than a force for my build. The "Nice" hero sets... no #### it should take a long time to rebuild, because that's what they are, Nice sets. Perks to keeping those sets remain if you can fight smart, and not die.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
66577, Actually, he jammed it all in the Black Sect pit. But that's neither here nor there. NT
NT
66578, My point was...if you die, expect it. n/t
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
66579, You, sir, overuse the phrase, "You, sir". :) nt
66586, Look man.
You have me confused for someone else.

One, the fight took place in Hamsah.

Two. I was a sneaking thief. You wouldn't have seen anything.

Three, when I came back into Hamsah, it was to you being attacked by the thief and you promptly unassed the area.

I got back exactly a Silver rapier and one of those daggers from Galadons sewers.

Nothing else, because nothing else was left.

I thought the Duergar took it but he sent me a tell saying he was sorry I was looted and when I looked at him he had nothing.

Iltch had a full load, most of which was mine and at least partially limited.

The only reason I'm responding is because I'm not good for letting people lie about stupid #### like this without calling them on it.

It has less to do with the loot than it does the fact that he responded to my death thread and denied doing it.

As I stated before, I didn't think you had much to do with it. And I still question how much you could have carried given that I recall you were overloaded anyway and that was one of the reasons I as a pick pocket was able to damn near out melee you, an assassin.
66589, So let's say he did
So what?

It should be obvious to you man that nobody really cares about said scenario or said situation. Get past it already. You've reinstated your point several times and outside of getting a full written confession (Probably won't happen) you've pretty much said more than your piece on the subject. Why spam the thread until it's locked or you banned? Is it really worth it for you to voice yourself over and over on the same thing? Point heard, opinion noted, move on?

66599, Thread somewhat de-Pro'd.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hopefully in a lasting fashion.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
66600, I love you, but the number Yohsimi gave me to call you doesn't work.
It isn't 1-800-VALG-PWN?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. Seriously though Valg, you rock.
66601, Valg is 2.99 per minute now, no more toll free Valg. Heh. nt
Posted by Nightshade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
66539, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Iltch Crest'Magiere the Poised, Rhyme of Resistance, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Posted by DrumArtist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Add me to aim or msn:
drumartist23
drumartist23@hotmail.com

I want to run over some of the insanity that we both went through with that item.
-DA
66528, Enjoyed the interactions...
Posted by NmtehW on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was very glad not to be your enemy, even though I could see you. It was also very nice to go on the odd hem hem balancing mission versus certain wrath wielding types. Thanks for the pendant - you make me want to try a thief :P
66479, You will be missed.... stxt
Posted by Farasulie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll always remember you for our interview, you sat there gambling and nodding for 10 minutes.

Now THATS leadership. Seriously, great character, way beyond my comprehension of excellence. Good luck with the next.

66480, You also brought the village to a screeching halt...n/t
Posted by Farasulie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
66483, Good times.
Posted by Iltch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was pissed at dying to Ravon two too many times as Niheriva and wanted to try to play something to screw with him some, but hell if that panned out. Also wanted to try out Nexus, my first one. It's actually pretty good stuff and I'd encourage anyone to try it out and ignore the bad rep it has. The cabal philosophy is open to the interpretation of the leadership, don't like the way it's run or plays out? Change it!

Binder thieves are friggen sweet. I'm sure plenty of people got super frustrated when fighting me, I thought I did okay with the class. The guild situation was awesome, we totally got things running and took over the entire scene, I loved the love Qaledus.

I dunno, no real time for a goodbye right now to everyone, say something and I'll say things back. Flame on. =(
66484, Knew it was you man. Was fun running with you the few times we did. Your RP as always was amusing if nothing else.
Posted by Velyzaggon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
PS you suck for letting Rywald wake Yevandr up.
66490, I gotta admit that was a high point for me
Posted by yevandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
confronted by a binder, cheetah, and ram/porqipine and me without any staff/spear/polearm boat. The only reason I was able to splatter you all was 1.) you guys were unwilling to come after me(because iltch was leading and god forbid when you outnumber 3 to 1 you actually go after your prey) and you ran out of mana. And 2 like .5 seconds after the jack rywald hit me and woke me up.

I was sitting there for 5 minutes thinking about how much it was gonna suck to run from galadon all the way to prosimy to loot my corpse and then everything turned around those are the moments that vindicate all those crappy deaths from playing balls to the wall.
66495, RE: I gotta admit that was a high point for me
I would really love to see you play a binder thief. What you neglected to mention was that number one, we weren't together, number two, I ACTUALLY ATTACKED YOU ALONE after it was just the two of us left. I managed to flee with 50 hps, AGAIN. And you know what? They gave me an edge for trying because they knew that I knew attacking you was futile but did it anyway. Like I said. You killed me the first two times I attacked you alone with deathblow and never again, what was the final count of your deaths from me? Wasn't it great when I kicked you to death the last time? I thought so. I wish I had used more people.
66497, spoon
Posted by yevandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you had a better chance of killing me then your run of the mill village svirf. And keep in mind that your mindset was what held you back, bards pwned the heck out of me but I still went after them and while it was tough in the end pulled off some victories (without having to lower myself to needing others).

Instead of breaking my wings while I am asleep where it just removes fly. Why not be creative and say... jack/bind wait out resist (in general it will drop in a jack or 2) plant your heavy objects WHICH ARE NOT RAFTS (you twit) and then open with backstab (possibly using a blunt dagger). Breaking wing damage from wings while awake without resist up is like an oblit. combine that with an oblit backstab and well then you really only need to hit me a time or two to land the kill.

other little things to increase your odds of success. Instead of disarming both my weapons only disarm one so I only get half the attacks and can't use lagging moves or big damage moves without wasting a command to free up my hands.

Use something other then rafts because without fly that means I can't cross water (though I ate seaweed always before going to the island in other parts of thera thats not the case. Heck use drag to pull me onto water then break the wings and I am stuck there for you to flee knife at your leisure, if you leave me with one axe I couldn't initiate combat on you with lag.

drag into a locked room and pop a pass door potion to do the above tactic and be able to flee knife over and over again.

use scrolls on me while I am knocked out. I could keep going but well you get the idea.

as for playing hero thieves... I have played hero thieves, My problem was not could I beat people it was could I kill them before they got in a command to word or teleport at the time I was stuck with telnet. And there have been tons of deadly binders who did not have their skills in gank at 100%

I am going to leave it off at this. In my opinion you are hands down in the top handful of role playing players in this game and you should be proud of that. you brought a real thiefy depth to iltch that I really wish I could build into my own characters. My only criticism is in how you handle yourself in PK.
66486, Heh
Posted by Darascus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Knowing now that you were Niheriva, did you purposely act like an asshole in our conversations (not all of them, but you know damn well what I mean) based on our dislike of each other (or my dislike of you, I should say) while you were still running the Fort?

At times I hoped you'd start some crap so I could kill you, but you never did.

On the flip-side it was kinda nice knowing that you would help against Ravon and/or the scions if I was in a real tight spot...accepting help from Nexuns always feels dirty though.
66487, Haha, not at all.
Niheriva didn't hate you, he just hated the fact that you questioned every damn thing I asked you. =P

Iltch was fine with you but didn't like a lot of the 'hypocrisy' associated with some of the Forts viewpoints and liked pointing them out every chance he got. (Even though if they only existed in his own mind) I loved hanging out with the Fort crew a lot of the time and hunting the baddies, but if I wasn't equally bastardly to everyone I wouldn't have been all that balanced!
66488, Hmm.
Posted by Grecken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I couldn't ever decide if I liked you or not, but knowing you were Niheriva, that explains it. I didn't like Niheriva. We debated on whether or not you were more for the nexus or for your guild. But still, what I gathered about your role seemed interesting. Can't trust a thief for nothing. I never got to do some Imperial style underhanded politics though to get you booted out of the Rhyme spot. I thought that'd be fun and something to spice up hour number 300. Just as I got things going on that plan, you up and quit. Oh well. Not knowing anything about thieves I couldn't work with you well at all. Our styles just were too different and while I could change mine, it wouldn't be very Grecken-like. I can't say it wasn't fun though. I think I died more with you than I did with everyone else in the island combined.

Anyhow, good times. Can't complain much.
66496, A little more..
Just wanted to say thanks to Daevryn and Twist and Ray and every Imm that gave me interactions and stuff, Enlilth too I think. I got a LOT of love with this guy and I appreciate it.

Nexus folk: When I first joined I really had trouble finding anyone that I enjoyed interacting with, I was playing without a care for what others thought about me and I didn't mind calling it like I saw it and pissing a lot of people off, however, Kiraan, you were pretty cool and put your all into it and that was great. Boggle, me and you pretty much could rock anyone. Ahnia, sorry about all the Kharzandra runs. Farasulie...eesh. Andaayhn and Praeto, you guys are tough together, keep it up.

Ragers: You guys were super super strong when I got leader, after declaring an actual war on you though and taking the head every day (well, having others take the head) you guys dropped off the face of the planet except for Cezar and Yevandr. What's up with that?

Empire: I really gave you guys hell. Something about Arkuss and Zridv rubbed me the wrong way, and all of you being fairweather players logging in behind Eoria really grated on me, getting ganged down twice in a row was sort of the last straw, so I started killing you all (or annoying you severely) every chance I got that the Light wasn't tipping. Ophanelu and Opoj...yeah. It just seemed like the lot of you were either dangerroom permas or Russians. Bruthamontis, other than the name, you rocked and were about the only Imperial I liked, good attitude and good times. Chirikaw, you too.

Tribunal: Not much going on here lately. Geran, right place, right time.

Fortress: You guys seem to be getting pretty strong lately, so that's good. Laelliana, thanks for being about the only one that understands Nexus.

Scions: Ravon...=( I tried to get you, had 2 chances. Good stuff with the felar bandit chief waking you, wish I had scanned around. And as for the cliff, boo, seems like that should have worked. Igbah, loved you, you blew my mind, you seemed like a very uberpowerful character but sometimes you'd do random ass dumb stuff. I watched you one day just randomly remove all and sleep outside the southwest gate of Voralian City, that blew my mind.

Thieves! I really loved recruiting and getting new thieves, when I joined the guild there were like 7 people, when I deleted I think there were about 40. I had running tabs on all the other guilds too and thanks to my Galadon people that joined there instead of Hamsah for me and kept me informed. There is really some diverse and interesting roleplay, and it was great helping out the people who were obviously playing their first characters and explaining the thief class to them in an IC way, really made me want to Imm, but I'm not going to do that with such a hated character and have that hanging over my head all the time. Lauriel, thanks for the donation money, we had a sweet set up and I hate we lost it, but knew it was gonna happen as soon as I told you 'the plan'. I ended up donating 826,000 gold I think. Qaledus, that portrait is awesome, thanks a lot and thanks for guild rings and giving Hamsah some new stuff, I loved my Sariyah interactions, probably my highlights of this character.

Not sure how many kills I ended up with, but christ binders can be ugly.

Wow I caught a lot of OOC #### with this guy. I understand people getting frustrated, but taking it out OOC IC is just really bad. I got more spam, more OOC tells, more getting cussed at and called a fag, all sorts of fun things with this guy then anything I've ever played. Also, people calling me out on things OOC to try and make me look like a #### sucks too. Merric, I didn't loot you, I mean, my character is gone and I can say it now, not sure who you were or what your problem was, but jesus, get over it. Got the sword and the dagger, assassin got the rest because he was all but gearless. Yeah Iltch was a bit of an asshole to people he didn't like, but if you were on his good side you were really in a good place. Anywho, enough about that.

Thanks Imms and everyone for a really great time.
66501, I never went OOC with you but...
This is two chars you've played that I thought were craptacular.

I had no idea you were the player of both, but I liked neither OOC or IC.
66508, You don't know me OOC. I'm a nice guy. =(
Even if our characters don't get along.
66505, Thanks for the interesting times...
Posted by Dragrahl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It definitely was interesting with you being Nexun and me Battle. I was waiting for my blackball, but tried to walk the line of being a good guildmember so that I could keep dibs on you for the Village.

I never saw any of the problems that people grieved you for - I just enjoyed our interactions... and once I got into your range, you disappeared. I had hoped for MANY tense moments then.
66516, RE: A little more..
Posted by Qaledus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Thieves! I really loved recruiting and getting new thieves,
>when I joined the guild there were like 7 people, when I
>deleted I think there were about 40. I had running tabs on
>all the other guilds too and thanks to my Galadon people that
>joined there instead of Hamsah for me and kept me informed.
>There is really some diverse and interesting roleplay, and it
>was great helping out the people who were obviously playing
>their first characters and explaining the thief class to them
>in an IC way, really made me want to Imm, but I'm not going to
>do that with such a hated character and have that hanging over
>my head all the time. Lauriel, thanks for the donation money,
>we had a sweet set up and I hate we lost it, but knew it was
>gonna happen as soon as I told you 'the plan'. I ended up
>donating 826,000 gold I think. Qaledus, that portrait is
>awesome, thanks a lot and thanks for guild rings and giving
>Hamsah some new stuff, I loved my Sariyah interactions,
>probably my highlights of this character.

Getting to this late as I was in Alaska and then personal stuff
swamped me on my return.

Iltch caught my eye early because of all of the other things that
people have mentioned here (RP, close calls, being rich, totally
frustrating to friend and foe, etc) and I welcomed the opportunity
to get 'bossed around' by the little boss. My time has been very
limited and I was glad to do what I could for someone who put in
a lot of effort into the job. I only wish I'd been able to take
the magic aspect plan up a few more notches before you checked out.

The portrait and rings will stay, of course, a lasting testament
to a kick ass Bandit King. Well done.

Q
66521, Dang, I knew it.
New there was going to be more than that based on your hintings with the witch before she left, but I was losing interest and didn't want to stick around just to see what kind of other reward I was getting. I went on and took Daev's advice and deleted in my prime instead of putting it off and playing other stuff while people lose more and more respect for you.
66526, Even in your death post, you rub me wrong.
Posted by Zridv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lumping every one of us into the "logged in behind Eoria" category. Screw you, seriously. If that isn't what you meant, then look at what you wrote. You deserved to get ganged down when you did, and when we did it, we left more than half of your "elite" gear. You also have no room to talk about "ganging." If I'm wrong, then let the Imms say it, because I sure as hell didn't "hide" behind Eoria.
66532, As Folsa, I will second this. Zridv did not hide. nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
66613, As being one of Iltch's guild lackeys.
Posted by Krilcovk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He never felt bad about uber ganking himself. I quote him "I wont fight anyone I have a chance of dying to."
66542, Awww, I'm gonna miss you!
Posted by Valulira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were pretty cool and a great person to have around as the Guild Leader. You were around ALOT, which seems to be lacking in a lot of the guilds these days. I liked that you had, seemingly, no problem in starting a conversation with a nothing lowbie, trying to convince them of the benefits of your guild. The first thief I played way back when they first implemented the new thief system, Galadon was the place to be and end all, be all of Thieves Guilds. Now they have like..10 members, probably fewer that actually play.

Anyways, you made the thiefing experience much more fun and interesting, so good luck on your next and in the future, man!
66506, Irritating indeed
Posted by Hrefnwik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So smug, but clearly smooth. I'd gathered so much info about Iltch, and basically knew not to F with you, but part of me thought it'd be fun to have you as an enemy (you did irritate me with the non-responses) and so I wanted to see how such a scenario might play out.

Iltch made a FAT imprint and effect on Thera - very well played.

So, one question... were you or were you not really paying him not to?
66507, Not at all.
But it was fun to make people believe I was.

Man, I was so ready for Href as an enemy too. I needed very little prompting to kill thieves from other guilds. Playing it safe was probably smart. Nonresponses were pretty common considering I was always chasing after people.
66515, RE: Not at all.
Posted by Hrefnwik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, the whole plot was encapsulated in my head that time you were knocked out on the road and bleeding right in front of me. So many choices of what to do...

Actually, despite not a lot of direct interaction, Iltch brought back a spark to this character for me.
66489, Well done.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your style. When I was thinking up the title for you, I needed to find a single word that just epitomized the character. A couple of reasons for this. First off, your title was already really long and secondly, I just thought a single word would fit the rp and actions of the character. I hope you liked it. Keep the good ones coming.
66509, Big Fan
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Iltch a lot. I thought your RP was really intricate and well put together. It's also nice to have a character in the game that people just HATE, though that's a really hard role to play. You were arrogant to your Cabalmates, and you frustated the living hell out of your enemies, both by your bindings, and by your amazing, amazing ability to escape from ganks. I've watched a lot of characters in my day, and I've never seen anyone have nearly as many close calls and near death experiences and still manage to escape.

I'm sorry to hear folks took their frustrations with you out in an OOC manner. My mortals have been frustrated in the past by binders, but that shouldn't be an excuse for people to break character. Sorry if that diluted the experience for you.

Much luck with your next character; this was definitely a good one, IMHO.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
66512, Wow, thanks.
That means a lot.
66510, Sorry we never got to butt heads proper.
Posted by Jellek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Firstly with parting block the way it is currently, you had a square advantage flying constantly and I knew this. It would have been interesting to try anyway.

Secondly I can't even log in to handle my own affairs much less mess with yours because my plans and free time have been utter havoc recently. To be sure this is good for the welfare of my character not having an entire guild and cabal after me, but I see it as sort of a ended with a bang instead of a whimper.

I was calling your bluff to my guild at several points though. Maxwell just took your bait, I wasn't interested in getting in your face while I knew you were just toeing the line and my character was considering your actions as those of a child. On the other hand my character's not that bright anyway. If I said that to your face there would have been fighting words easily.
66511, Maxwell didn't take any bait...
He 'declared war' on my guild and died horribly because of it and deleted. Jellek was about to go down even harder.
66513, Hat's off to ya man
Playing Bseter, in a straight up fight, you didn't have a snowballs chance in hell, and I knew that, you knew that, and because of that, I am sure it made things very tense. I came SOOOO f-ing close to dropping you it made me sick and somehow you managed to take me down countless times, or send me on my heels racing to a safe spot.

I remember one of our first few scuffles when you got me down and begun to teach me what binder thieves can do and said something along the lines of " This is the difference between being a common thug, and being the best" or something like that. Drug me far off from safety then just did your magic. Hats off to you for the few fights you gave me alone, because even though I couldn't trip you, my build and bloodthirsting those sucker hits with a fist of lightning were so dangerous for you to put yourself up against yet you did consistently, and I really enjoy a player that sticks his balls on the line. Not to say you never used groups or partners to fight me, but you gave me more than a few one on ones, and I think you were pretty bad ass all around.

If I could play with even half of the tact and slickness you pulled off with me in character, I would be a much greater player.

Thanks for your time man, big thanks, and well done.

66529, Andaayhn greet
Posted by Andaayhn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I am usually always bonded with a mage so we never really ran together. We did have a few skull bashings at the village though! It seems most of our lives we may have been logged on together but were out doing our works in seperate arenas. Play another nexun. We could use you. Especially one not so rude :-P.
66587, RE: Good times.
Posted by Nidvarg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad to see you gone , you lying bastard!

I could not believe you actually tried to get an applicant killed, and refused to tell how the balance tipped.

It seems it was somewhat your roleplay to be an ass, and i will testify to the fact that you were an ass. Well done on that.
66590, Yeah, you totally goofed that up.

For people that I have questions about whether or not I want to induct them, or people I can tell before I hit the induct button that they're going to be very ####ish and annoying throughout the entire cabal process, I'll make the initial interview a little harder. You were like this at rank 15 when I talked to you, I knew I didn't like you, but I figured I'd give you a chance, purposefully made the interview a little frustrating to see what you'd do and left it open ended figuring I'd keep my eye on you. . .

You immediatly wrote a letter to Nexus telling the Imms what a poor leader I was, how you and all other applicants never got a fair chance to speak to me because of how much I hate the cabal and am letting it go down the drain....this is after I had inducted 2 people right before you, the same day even. After that, yeah, you went down on my list, and I told you there wasn't a chance of you getting inducted. I pretty much had nothing to say to you from that point on, because you were a moron. The one time you asked how the balance tipped, there was one elf on, no other good aligned races, and 6 Imperials, and 3 Scions. It was really obvious that evil was tipping, but you take my refusal to answer you and go try to kill the only elf on in Hamsah. I was glad you kept chasing even after I called the Tribunal in.

I might have been an ass, but lord if I pretended to know all there was to know about a cabal and stare down my nose at the leader in an interview and berate him for doing poorly and expect to get inducted.
66591, By the way, were you Naiya? That would explain some things. n/t
gr
66498, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Iltch Crest'Magiere the Poised, Rhyme of Resistance, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Posted by Janos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never really figured out how this character worked. As a Nexan, I thought it was cabal philosphy that you would follow the pendulum at times. Instead, when the herobase was 4 maran and 1 evil (me), you would assist the Maran. I never really understood that and it became even odder when I asked you what your problem is you said "I don't like you". It seemed you picked and choosed which Scion to assist and which to constantly attack, regardless of the balance.

Good luck with your next.
66491, Great work as Hamsah GM
Posted by QBert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You really helped me out a lot and got engaged with my wierd RP. It always helps to really flesh out the little quirks of a character when there's a person who gets involved with them and their issues.

Being in the guild was a lot of fun under your direction, really felt like almost a cabal in itself, and I got in several both minor and major beefs over defending guild mates.

Good luck with your next character,

-Number VI
66481, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Iltch Crest'Magiere the Poised, Rhyme of Resistance, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Posted by Drama on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked that you tried to be there as Bandit King. I've played a few thieves, and this is the first time a guild leader was actually involved with the guild. Great char from the limited interaction we had, cheers.

Reyals
66482, I really have to echo this.
Posted by WarEagle2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After our one interaction, we'd have had more if it wasn't for me, I grew a soft spot for you as a player. You just up and struck a convo with a level 1, entirely open with the MUD in a completely IC way.