Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=66301
66301, (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Gramoak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say? I rolled Gramoak to test out Ysaloerye's religion, because I've had a soft spot for ysaloerye ever since she walked in on a scion of mine who was fighting two rangers and one rounded him by accident:P. I was shocked to get leader and my virtues so fast (retribution and faith). Retribution was great, but faith really seemed kind of voided to me. It felt like it was supposed to be used to fight enemy priests..and there weren't any. But it was fitting to Gramoak's role, so I was more then cool with it.

Part of the reason I got bummed out was because I've never really experienced a full blown leader position before, and being leader of the Fort was rough on someone. There were so many times where I'd see something that just made me grit my teeth or shake my head, on the flip side the heart in fort was so strong that instantly after gritting or shaking, I'd smile or laugh. Unfortunately, that takes its toll on someone who's trying to kinda 'change' how things are done. All in all though, I tried and enjoyed the character, and I didn't want to be 'that leader' who doesnt log on for days/weeks at a time. So, to avoid bitterness and then deadbeat dad-ism, I took the plunge now rather then later.

Before I go to my goodbyes, I want to apologize to Norathyn, you were lined up for your interview, I was trying to get it to you, but I just never got a chance and I just wasnt feeling it anymore. I'm really sorry.

Goodbyes:

Immortals

Ysaloerye: You lived up and above every single one of my expectations. You taught, you enlightened, you were an emblem. Your religion was kind of a challenge for me, its hard to balance rage and paladin-ism, but I figured that if I played out the 'cool, collected' rage card than it would flow. I have a much better grasp on your religion, and I'm sorry I offed myself literally 5 or so hours after getting your tattoo. Thanks for the chance and the experience, for going out of your way to hook up with me and all that. I'll definitely be back.

Iunna: You, as well, were amazing. Those talks were quite honestly some of the most highlighted parts of gramoaks life. I -loved- the war/combat talk we had. That was priceless. I hope you were able to get half as much as you gave into this character.

Enlilth: I probably bugged you, but you were the immortal Gramoak antithesis. Thanks for never doing anything too mean, and I thoroughly enjoyed our interactions. Hope you as well had a fun time with the stubborn dwarf that was Gramoak.

Mortals

Creya: I miss seeing you. You taught me a lot, and were so chill and cool that I was determined to rank you up hard since you were a city ties thief. Thank you again for everything you showed me. Too bad we never found the other half of that sword(and I went back and looked a lot)

Siphana: You were clearly competant. I questioned in my head a few of things you did, but nothing worth saying here and now. You shot up the fort ranks faster then even I did, so good luck with that fabled prophet spot:).

Other Forties: You guys all kind of blend in. I'm sure I wasnt very well liked by some, maybe I was liked by others. Either way, I liked most of you just fine, and good luck to you all seeing as how team evil has some straight nasty people.

Throkk: :(. You were tough. For real. Stop with the weapons I dont know and the breaking of the shields:(. I was really happy that I was starting to turn the tide of our battles though.

Other outties: Most of us were on good/chill terms. I like just about all of you.

Janos: Your dismissiveness, offhanded, perfectly roleplayed dark-elf superiority complex made me smile. You does it good. Awesome job, and you had this ability, that when I fought you, I kept thinking I *might* have a chance. And then I'd be dead. :(. Killing you in Hamsah against you and satebos was one of the more gratifying moments in Gramoak's history.

Only one more enemy really stands out

Igbah: I had more respect for you then I should have. Everything about you oozed coolness, and you were tough. So, so tough. Getting you in dragon tower was satisfying, even though it was a tesseract/wrath/bad exit/everything-goes-wrong-for-you way to die. Getting you in Hamsah was also satisfying, I didnt think you expected me to run around and cut you off like that. I left your gear, despite some of the less-savory players being very vocal about me taking your goodies, because I had a 'good' feeling about you. You just reeked of cool-juice and 'I play for fun, no to be a douchebag'. Thank you for going out of your way to return my gear as well. You were fun to talk to, and whenever I thought of 'Iggy', I saw some cut cuddly stuffed animal. With two big swords. Who got angry and turned into the hulk, and killed people. Lots of them.
66445, Well played
Posted by Siphana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a shame we didn't get to do more exploring, there are so many roleplay restrictions for goodies it's crazy, but I had a lot of fun being Mrs.Leader. I hope you have fun with your next, I'll say more when I delete.
66441, This makes me sad.
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gramoak was cool. You were always up for a fight, you had plenty of good dwarf RP and you had that spark: Getting "Not on my watch, you won't!" when teasing you was just fun.

>I was really happy that I was starting to turn the tide of our battles
>though.

Yeah. When you began to get a feel for what worked and what didn't our fights became much more close and thus fun. Getting ERADICATED by you was a nasty surprise.

BTW, that fight in Hamsah where you came to help Chante and Satebos was lurking around was surreal . Use recall man! Not flee! It was only later that I realized that you were actually having the glass eye bracelet and I kicked myself for not picking that up.

Have fun with your next. I already miss Gramoak.
66425, Booo!
Posted by Chrichuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't fight more, damn, perhaps I should've figured this one out. Man, you had some heart. First time I got you, I was going to take the dwarf überitem (too muhc -str), the next time I was cool with it, fun fights in general.
66426, RE: Booo!
Posted by Gram on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fighting you was an exercise in frustration. I had a plan to get you, but it required you to #### up, to be summoned into a locked room, to stay after I dispelled pass door, and then to be cursed and let me wrath spam you to death. Somehow, I didnt see that happening. :(
66410, Soddin Tea-totalin' Git!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man oh man, how you gonna dis me like that!?
You had come so far, but STILL had far to go in the Stonemason path. I really hoped you'd go all the way. Glad you enjoyed your journey of enlightenment, its not what people expect I think, but I hope you got a couple of little 'rush' moments when things clicked into place. But come on 5 hours after getting a tatt!!! You hadn't even seen all the cool things it could do yet!! (I'm going to check into the mana issue btw)

Gramoak is by far your best character yet, IMHO. I'm sorry that the leadership position became a grind, I have had my share and understand the tedium it brings. Next time resign the post and keep the char you schmuck!
66412, RE: Soddin Tea-totalin' Git!
Aw man, you're killing me:(. Usually tat = understands the religion. Now I gotta come back and learn more sometime :(. You were amazing, like I said. Keep on rocking!
66392, Sorry man...
Posted by Jhoqu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of those chars that I felt was so well played I hated having to fight you. Lots of goody type chars turn mean fast (perhaps rightfuly so) when a neutral party tries to kill them but you never let go of the "I am not your enemy" roleplay. Good job fat dwarf and I hope to see you around in another form.
66349, Stone and Bone!
Posted by Toogazee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our fights even though I never considered you an enemy and onlt went after you once because you jumped me when I was about to finish off some duergar AP who tried to kill me on the eastern road. I cant remember how our wins and losses worked out but even as an enemy you were cool.

Orcorcorc!
66346, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Cezar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm really sorry to see this happen. It seemed to me that when we would start interacting we would get derailed. That's just too bad!
66341, No Regrets!
Posted by Hiajist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gramoak provided some fun debating during the pre-uninduction. I enjoyed stubborn characteristic of Gramoak, but sometimes I feel that Gramoak is like a control freak, to a certain extend kinda too much of it. Anyway, bye bye mason!
66340, Didn't really see this coming.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm surprised you picked this route so early on (seems like it,
anyway), but still good job all around. I liked our talks, and
I apologize for not getting around to having that last one you
wanted (I think about dwarven history?). If you end up writing
something, feel free to e-mail it and I'll put it where it needs
to go.
66388, RE: Didn't really see this coming.
I still might write something, come some bored, rainy day. I was surprised by my own choice as well, and I'm glad you enjoyed our talks. I know I enjoyed the immensely, as I said before.
66334, Bummer on two levels
Posted by Mryzzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. I liked Gramoak for the most part even though we were really the only two maran about. I was shocked you became Captain so fast too. You were a strong character though and Mryzzle liked you a lot. That being said, I played dumb around you too much, walking into battles and taking the front when I shouldn't have. Oh well, die and learn right?

2. After all our time together and what not, all most of us get is a 'all you forties' blend together. Heh, not so cool. Great char though.
66336, RE: Bummer on two levels
Sorry, I'm not much for goodbye writing:P. I cut corners where I can. That said, I knew Mryzzle was better then he seemed to be around me. I must have been your bad luck charm. I'd log in to 'Mryzzle killed XXXX' or 'Mryzzle just killed 'Zyxy' and then I'd watch you get splatted and think 'Damn. Am I doing something?' But props to you, being the only two maran was rough.
66333, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Retribution was great, but faith really seemed kind of voided
>to me. It felt like it was supposed to be used to fight enemy
>priests..and there weren't any.

Let me know next time and I'll roll up a duergar shaman so you can beat the crap out of me.
66332, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Iggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm glad you had fun man, I'll keep this short cuz I'm still active, but nice f'in job....Loved our fighting, loved our talks, great char

66331, Seriously?
Posted by Angaarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hah, I had just lost Dungard and Darascus while I was in a hiatus and now the new leader. I could definitely tell that leadership was becoming a burden on you, having to be the ONLY one who is constantly interviewing for entrance must have been rough. I tried to take some of the burden from you when I could. And wow, I felt dirty after that shameless gank we had but it was definitely one of those, what are all those things in there let me look at them moments. See you in the fields, wish I could have learned a little about the Stonmason side of Ysal's.
66337, RE: Seriously?
I had really, really, really dirty thoughts of a binder thief + decked paladin. Luckily, I never got a sick suit going on when you were around.
66328, Aw, dude!
Posted by Janos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I surely didn't expect this! Gramoak, I was very much looking forward to future fights between us. Our characters had a sort of vendetta going on, with you winning some battles and me winning some, even though the latter seemed more prevalent now. I tried to show my respect to you by guarding your corpse, roleplaying with you and sticking around for less-then-nice odds against some nasty Fort gankings.

Definately a solid and well rounded character, gonna miss this enemy.
66338, Thanks, I'll miss the scions beating me down too:P. nt
f
66323, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Braemir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was good having you around the Fortress. I always like dwarves and love to give the short legged bastards some sort of hell. I thought Gramoak was solid and well played. I wish you well with your next character!

Braemir
66327, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
I really liked Braemir too. You just seemed like the *perfect* paladin. Gramoak wasnt, but you, man, you were like the paladin pinnacle. The story book, gallant paladin. And I wanted to get me some more braemir luv.
66322, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Shenkov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Of all the paladins around, you were the biggest pain in the ass. Just thought you ought to know that. You seemed like a great player who made an awesome character and I had nothing but respect for you. As for the last time we tangled, I hope that didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. I almost never loot, and certainly don't loot anything I don't need or have an immediate use for, but I was admittedly pissed about an earlier incident so I did take a couple of things. I hope that didn't contribute in any small amount to the deletion of a great character. Scions tend to be the targets of pretty sick gankage. But even knowing that, I imagine my PBF's PK losses page will be almost comical. I look forward to seeing yours ;)

GLWYN
66325, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Not even a little bit. I had nothing but props from shenkov either, and yeah, we did gank you kind of hard(but I almost ruined it with eyes:(). And I felt bad because you had proved tough(and necros were usually butter). You even got me a few times, and you really didnt ever loot. The one time we get you, we're like 'd00d, girdle, pass teh b00tz, zomg gimme legg1ngz?' and I was very much involved in the sorting. I hope you recovered well and good, and dont sweat it. Dying has never really bothered me.
66311, Pitiful Dorf!
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'll admit there've been a few times lately I've vised just so you could talk smack to me. Which always ended up with me smiting or plaguing (sp?) you. Which of course, I liked. I was hard on the Gramoak for leader bandwagon since before you heroed. Your history will reflect what I thought of ya, and I was hoping you'd continue racking up cool points. Was excited you got tatted by Ysal, I thought you deserved it, but I don't know squat about that religion either so take that for what it's worth. Obviously Ysal was in the same camp.

I was kinda afraid to duel you like you asked, because

1.) I didn't want to kill you
2.) I didn't want to kill you
3.) I didn't want the tat prog to fire in fear of it ending up on dios, mirc, aim, etc etc etc.

All in all, I enjoyed throwing dwarven babies in my pit when you were around, and otherwise taunting you. I still wanna know why you thought I cared if you took the codex or not. I'd always wonder if you wanted me to show up to defend, thus resulting in my worry of the 3 things above. So GLWYN, this one was more than decent.
66314, RE: Pitiful Dorf!
I loved me some Enlilth, I wont lie. I really thought I was bugging you:P. I didnt care about dying to you, it would have fit in just fine with Gramoak. And oooh, your tat has a prog? To the presses! But in all honesty, you made every session of mine fun. From monotonous stuff like late night bore to heat of the battle raids, and everything from trash talking me when I was defending against a crew of imperials to threatening to rip the codex away from me. Every interaction was a pleasure, and I'll probably try me some chewy, caramel enlilth sometime soon.
66321, RE: Pitiful Dorf!
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Excellent! Be a cow... that poor bastard.
66310, Well done.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked watching you. I hope you liked the title. I was going to start bugging you with some inane stuff soon, but, our times didn't always mesh when I was logging in for some interaction stuff. Good luck with the next.
66313, RE: Well done.
Posted by Gramoak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved the title. I found it funny because right after I got out of sanctify room lag, I noticed I had it. From then on whenever I saw the title I saw this image in my head of a pissed off dwarf frozen in a holy stance. I never knew it was you though. I've loved my some lyristeon since Lashel, and knowing you're still doing your thing makes me want to come back to outtie.
66308, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Creya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry I bailed on you. Gramoak was a lot of fun and I enjoyed every moment we got to hang out. I'll miss seeing him around, but look forward to interacting with you again with different characters. You're right, Ysal is cool beans.
66317, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Heh. I know, thats why I was trying to get you to meet her all the time:P.
66304, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by rangerboyz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cool char, I was that ranger and we talked an stuff and you said I was not good enough on some points...I have had many many fortress players. I almost lost it a few times, casue I feel as a player you dont know the in and out of a cabal(not you, players getting interviwed), during an interview you should know some and thats what I gave you....I tried to RP the I'm new kinda deal, but it seems you did not get that....and I dont know if you got that, you just kind of blew me off after that.
66305, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
No, you didnt try to pull off the 'I'm kinda new' deal, you tried to pull off the 'I've played 1000 fort chars before, I know everything about the cabal, lets skip the typical tasks and rp and go straight to inducting me, kay?' Sorry. When someone bitches me out because I ask them to get a single rec, I'm not going to be all smiles and peaches about you. And I'm not the only one, no one else thought much of your persona either. You were just missing the message myself and the others were trying to get across to you.
66315, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by rangerboyz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not at all man, when you told me to get a rec I was kool with it. Its afterwards I talk with you and nothing I said was good enough so I go and talk with the thief, who had the same views as I did so I was just a tad confused...and then I had to prove this and that, jump through hoops I tell ya =)anyways good try in trying to pull of the had ass, I'm sure we will cross paths again.
66303, In all my years of mudding ive never had a leader delete mid interview..
Posted by Norathyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Way to be the first :P
66306, Yeah. Um. My bad:(. Sorry dude. nt
f
66302, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Posted by Acvilar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Goodbye and all that.

I must say that from a character point of view I disliked you. You where to much of a choke on me as a character, since you had some pretty strong beliefs on how things should be done. Then enter Acvilar with equally strong beliefs, and a clash begun. I think we had an understanding towards the end though.

From a player point of view though I like Gramoak. You where competent and bold.. perhaps a bit to bold. But it was clear you where fairly knowledgable.
66307, RE: (semi)Regretfully, prematurely, done and over
Gram viewed acvilar as a weird cookie. On one hand, you have this tough guy elf persona, stubborn as gramoak is, and with very, very different beliefs. On the other hand, you have gramoak who's trying to unify and cooperate. I like you, Gramoak respected you, and I predict you to be a-going places.