Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Elahrairas the Champion of the Virtues
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=66191
66191, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Elahrairas the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Feb 7 15:29:35 2008

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Elahrairas perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:205
66550, Again, huge props to Kasty. nt
Posted by Vlad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
66429, Gone and gone.
Posted by Vlad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm really sorry Kasty, I didn't expect to just lose all interest in CF like that. I had a lot of plans for this character, none of which involved age death. I was going for a "live hard, die young and leave a good looking corpse" sort of thing, like some dumb kid with a big heart, a lot of courage and not too many brains. I died a LOT and that wasn't accidental. Well not always. But then I lived longer than expected, ran into some difficulty (who knew it would be so ####ing hard to write BAD poetry? Everything I wrote just didn't strike me as bad enough for my role), and then real life took over. I tried like hell to find time and interest enough to log in, because I REALLY wanted to finish the character out. I absolutely loved being a Kastyite, and when we interacted I was tickled pink. I just honestly have zero interest in CF these days. I don't know if it's the long hours at work, the long hours keeping up with a 5 year old, or just growing out of my CFing urge. I did want to say thank you to Kasty at least though. You made the character a lot more fun for me.

Everyone else, you can email me at vlad469@bellsouth.net. I can't say that I'll be back, but I can't swear that I won't be. Either way, I wish all of you nothing but the best.
66434, Glad you are alive.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was wondering.
66437, Seconded. n/t
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
66554, I did not like you before
Posted by Eoria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
because of your forum persona, but really liked this character, he was ballsy and did not afraid to come for the fights where he had good chances to die.

Good luck.
66594, Pesa Liked this Paladin
Posted by Pesawwkt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wished we had spent more time in proximity of each other.
Come on back when real life gets boring.
66669, RE: Gone and gone.
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was a great interaction. I figured if I hadn't intervened, you would have con-died at level 15 and 12 hours...:P

I'll admit I was a deadbeat for a while there, and should have given you your second virtue a lot earlier. Fun character.

I view CF as a complement to RL; it has to work with our surroundings or it just won't work at all. Take a step back; if you develop the interest and have the time, come on back - we'll still be here. If not, look back on your years here with fondness and no regrets for the time and energy that you put into our world.

Good luck out there!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
66682, Man I hated this character
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not that he wasn't well played. It was just that you were always saving people's asses when out of Victoria's pk. Without you, life would have been a lot more juicy, so well played.
66402, Well, good luck with the woman buddy. We'll miss you. NT
Posted by WOW on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT