Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Yevandr Framun the Courageous Hunter of the Jaguar, Commander of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=66119
66119, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Yevandr Framun the Courageous Hunter of the Jaguar, Commander of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 3 19:34:55 2008

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Yevandr perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:300
66153, for twist since you put it in 3 imm comments
Posted by yevandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 7 15:46:58 2008 by 'Twist' at level 51 (261 hrs):
Just ganked down Sousidan on eastern with Cezar while carrying Scion's item. His excuse was that he left Sousidan and Cezar to fight but then Sousidan attacked him. Not what it looked like to me...do we always bloodthirst to le

Mon Jan 7 15:48:23 2008 by 'Twist' at level 51 (261 hrs):
...let people fight their own fight? And not a word to Cezar about it, really. Even after Sousidan was boggling at it. After I poked them both about it, he tells Cezar that I (Twist) don't know what it is like to live in the vi

Mon Jan 7 15:49:30 2008 by 'Twist' at level 51 (261 hrs):
...village and that he (Yevandr) is the only one of them (not Cezar) that is bound by the tablet. This is the Commander and Drillmaster we're talkin' here. Uber, uber bleh.

I stand by what I said, you really should have actually watched the whole engagement before you stepped out of vis, since you did it right at the end of the fight i guess you just missed the first part. Basically sousidan hits cezar, my autoassist from raiding was still on so I spam in flee and turn it off. While they fight cezar gives me the scepter I go to walk away and sous starts hitting me. I then thirst to fight him because since zulg got all changy on shifters you need to thirst just to have a chance to beat a prepped one. Then sousidan makes the brilliant maneveur of biteing cezar who was just there watching while fighting me and as a result he doesn't live much longer after.

So in the end it wasn't an engineered gank, it was a scion who made himself a victim by entering stupid commands. As for why i said nothing to cezar... He knew I didn't want him in my fights and he had always actively avoided getting sucked into them, in this case it wasn't cezar that did the initiating it was the shifter so you should have given him a silly title instead of wasting out time.

PS. it is super cheesy when the god that represents pretty much everything you oppose is trying to scold you for following your rules.
66154, Actually the worst part was...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you told YOUR DRILLMASTER that he shouldn't worry about it since you were the only one bound by the parity rules of the tablet.

Last I heard, the drillmaster was the one who was supposed to kick ass and keep people in line on that topic.

And Cezar's reaction was WAY better than yours.

Oh and lastly, you'll note that I didn't "scold" you IC, I applauded you. Because of exactly what you said, the god who stands for what you oppose scolding isn't cool. Twist doesn't think what you did was bad, he enjoyed the fact that you had to use superior numbers to defeat a powerful magician. But yeah I wasn't going to give you a pass on that. You can try to spin it however you like, but you thirsted rather than attempt to avoid the fight.

You'll note I didn't do anything to you, or Cezar, and all that really came of it was Sousidan getting a title.

Oh and lastly, I didn't really enter "three comments." I entered one, but it was too long to put into one entry.
66156, On Villager Raiding
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe it's been too long since I played a villager but I was under the impression that during a raid, parity could kind of take a back seat to the goal of the raid? If they are carrying the scepter isn't the raid technically still on? I'm not trying to defend what the did, but it seems strange that a villager with a raid item trying to hoof it back to the village has to fight one on one and risk losing the item they just took. Heck the opposing cabal could set up a gauntlet of people to fight him as he goes to get back the item. Or was it just the reaction afterwards that caused the comment. Just a thought?
66158, RE: On Villager Raiding
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh, there's a lot of ways to get the scepter back to the village that aren't of the form 'We need to gang everyone we see on the way as much as we can.'
66161, Here I disagree.
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not with you saying that there are a lot of ways to get the scepter back, I agree with that.

But with the
'We need to gang everyone we see on the way as much as we can.'

If what Yevandr says is true, it wasn't a gang so much as Sousidan doing everything he could to take back the scepter. Not only is he a mage, but he is also a scion. Sousidan initiated the fight and pushed the issue to the point of fighting Yevandr and Cezar both. They stayed there, cezar watching until he got bit, to fight a SCION MAGE. Arn't villagers supposed to not back down?

I don't know, it just seems like there are a lot more angles to this then a simple 'They ganged, they ganged, get the torches!'

Now if you want to worry about someone ganging, how about you check out your nexuns who are running four deep on one constantly.

Wooooo! An Arguement!

(no hard feelings, just playing devils advocate)

Chris
66165, RE: Here I disagree.
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah that was kind of my point as well.
66169, Meh...
The biggest thing to me was the thirsting - if you're trying to "let Cezar have him" (which is what they started off doing), then do so. I know, air shifter, flyto, etc. but it wasn't like this was in the jade mountains or something, it was on eastern road, roughly the large crossroads.

There was more to me vising and poking them than just "they ganged a mage." I watched for a little bit and there wasn't even a hint of remorse that they hadn't gotten him more cleanly or anything. Just self-congratulatory stuff. I believe Cezar may have said something about it being too bad or something (its been a while, going off of memory, I'll probably get proven wrong on the details later).

At the end of the day, was it a terrible travesty of Ragerdom, and the sole moment Yevandr should be defined by? Heck no. Yevandr played a pretty solid commander.

But also at the end of the day, I vised, made fun of the mortal leader(s) of the cabal that Twist dislikes the most, and jotted down a note about it. I didn't remove xp, smite, curse at him as the Destructor, title him negatively, or anything like that. I don't think I did anything over-the-top, based on what happened.

66179, Yeah..
It really really is hard to see though just from imm comments and players response. The way he made it sound you didn't really interact with him at all and just dropped a jaded comment.
Personally, drop all the jaded comments about my characters actions that you want AS Long as the imm dropping the negativity roleplays with me in whatever way (mean, nice, snide, smiting* etc..) they want to as long as its rp intense and they get their point across that I f'd up. Nothing like constrictive yet excellently roleplayed criticism to lighten my day!

It just kind of seems like since the imm comments started being used there really hasn't been as much of this rp knocking sense into players. I am also quick to encourage a booting to teach a lesson as long as its made evident there is a very good chance to get reinducted (albeit you can't really do that for a leader type char).

Hope this one small opinion helps

Chris

*Hell yeah I said smiting, we need more more more smiting! (as long as there are no pk dangers around)
66190, RE: Yeah..
Posted by Agreed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For that matter, I think Imms should be super overpowered mortals, like Ravon but even more so, where the players can all gang up and potentially pk.
66207, RE: Meh...
Posted by Cezar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I haven't looked, but, I don't think I have the log of it. The only thing I remember about it was being really caught off guard by Twist appearing. I understood where he was coming from with the applaud in an RP perspective, but, it took me so long to catch my thoughts on what happened (as it can happen when an imm questions your actions) that I thought I missed a good RP opportunity for myself. I didn't think we had done anything that wrong considering the situation. I think for me the important factor was the fact the it was during a raid, plus it all happened so quick. Its one thing to blatantly go against the rager parity ideals, but, another when you're kind of forced to. #### happens.
66167, Only question I have to ask, is what would Droba have done?
Posted by El Nino on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Besides get owned :) Just kidding.
66178, Droba would've gotten owned.
And might have screwed up and ganged. But probably not (see below). Droba was nowhere near leader/drillmaster quality, btw. I got taken to the Circle of Rites by Rektath for mistakenly thinking he fled from a shifter in galadon (he fled, but returned to hamstring).

I went to the circle, fought my best, ended up losing (but not as easily as I think Rektath expected :P ) and that was the end of it.

And I never made that mistake again.

With Droba. :P
66141, Goodbyes
Posted by Yevandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Baerinika: I put you first just cause I guess its customary to put imms first. I had the impression your religion was more of a just do it rather then talk about it one. I tried to walk that path. the only problem is, I really have no clue what that path means to you so I never really had any clue in how well I was doing it.

ysal & kasty: Thanks for the chance to lead the village, I have been trying to get that spot a long time and I always end up recieving the short end of the stick because of immortals in the rites, it felt good to finally win them. You two need to talk a little bit more about whatever lists you guys keep of villagers cause i would talk to one of you and be told there are 10 slots left in the village, then I would induct 2 people and watch 1 delete and less then 24 hours later the other would give me a speech about not inducting people cause the village is already full. I know you guys have run the village different in the past but as a leader my criteria were that induction was not a huge deal and if a char showed he understood what was expected of him and was willing to give it a shot I would give them a chance.

Cezar: Jesus dude you have come so far from when we first started hanging out. At first you just made me want to cry at some of the things you did but by the end you were solid as a rock and it was really cool to see you evolve into a really solid villager and leader.

Philis: If you had been at the rites and not con dead you would have been the first drillmaster, you made me laugh.

Doriach: damn you for con dieing when you did, I had a blast and you were one of the best I walked with during yevs long life.

Kiraan: I had a lot of respect for you as an enemy

Iltch: yeah you do thief well but you make the worst leader played by a competant player I have ever seen in my 10 year career at carrionfields. If our positions were reversed I would have killed me solo plenty with your build, throw in your high end gear and I would have kicked yevs builds ass left and right. I remember when we first met I thought wow this guy is super noob and I felt bad for you so I gave you back the items you needed for your guild leadership, in hindsight that was a mistake.

Bards: (eoria, masha, liriana, yrillbink so on and so forth) I hate echos, I hate it I hate it I hate it. What I hate more is that without it I would win hands down and with it I had trouble sometimes killing those birds on the aryth with only 10 hp. You all certainly made my life really rough. but on the plus side I never once had to fight a shaman over yevandrs long low con life and for that I am thankful.

Umm well anyways I have this business strategy game crisis i need to control and I don't really have the time to mud because I am trying to finish up and graduate and have athletics and job hunting on top of my school workload. I am sorry if my decreased hours over the last couple of weeks made it hard for aplicants to reach me. I know I owe a lot more people good byes and if you post I will respond.
66148, Hi...erm bye.
Posted by Grecken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Grecken didn't like you, the player of Grecken did though. Our first fight was hilarious to me. I'd post the log... but then everyone will know who I am, not that it matters much. I got annoyed because you'd only fight me on the roads and I got two things I can do on the roads. It's a general misconception that Druids are weaker on the roads. Just depends on what roads I guess. Did you start stunning me and walking off because you were so low on con or did someone pop up the couple of times you did that? The village is very different now from the last time I played one so outside of our battles, I can't comment. At first you kept that veil super thick and I never could figure out where you were getting all those items, mage corpses I guess. Anyhow, see ya around. Maybe this new lot of villagers coming up will prevent me from getting tired of Grecken.
66152, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought Yevandr was well played. I just wish our times could have meshed a little better. I liked your attitude about induction, but it sure seemed like there were a lot of the get inducted and delete two days later types early on.
66157, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Doriach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I said most of it on my goodbye, but I really liked all you as a player did for the village.

Doriach respected Yevandr for making the hard choices he thought were necessary for the village - ofcourse, he was a duegar, but hey.

Anyway, great job, hopefully we can run on the same team again.
66168, Heh.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We both managed to get cheapish kills from each other, so both got their fun. Yevandr wasn't a bad opponent to have for Mreeshai. Good luck with the graduation. Not playing chars until I got the work done was a good option for me in that front, as I'm graduating myself as well.
66171, some fun times.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I couldn't really do much but irritate you, but I had loads
of run none-the-less.
Have fun with your next.
66183, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Cezar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I know at the beginning I started out rough with some of the things that happened to me. Thank you so much for the chance at Drillmaster. As a player I always enjoyed your character. Even as a character it was hard for me not to like you. Since you died before I did I will tell you this. I didn't disagree with your choice as Harol as a Drillmaster. I thought it was an excellent decision. I was disappointed myself that I didn't get it, but, decided to try to incorporate it into my role. Being an evil pride sphere I figured that my character would react by holding a grudge against you for your "poor judgement". As fate would have it Harol deleted and you chose me to succeed him. I was pretty relieved at that point because I just really didn't want to go through with having to play that part of the role out. I liked Yevandr too much. I learned alot about the game from you, enjoyed the exploring, and am happy that you accomplished your goal of making Commander. I understand the RL situation you are in, my time is crimping on me lately with work as well. Good luck with it all!
66187, Nice job.
Posted by Philis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Real solid all around character. I liked your induction style even if some imms think it was too laxidasical. You gave almost everyone a chance, but yet the Village never to me seemed over saturated as most people get sick of getting ganked/looted and delete by lvl 35.

I actually took a short break and just a few days ago interacted with you with my new character and then you were dead :(.

See you in the fields, and thanks for showing me ST that one time, it will probably be my only glimpse of it in my CF career, and it's appreciated.

Later
66194, Haha, I hope you're joking but I know you're not.
Posted by Iltch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Iltch: yeah you do thief well but you make the worst leader played by a competant player I have ever seen in my 10 year career at carrionfields. If our positions were reversed I would have killed me solo plenty with your build, throw in your high end gear and I would have kicked yevs builds ass left and right. I remember when we first met I thought wow this guy is super noob and I felt bad for you so I gave you back the items you needed for your guild leadership, in hindsight that was a mistake.

Lets recap. The first time I tried to fight you: Missed Jack, deathblow the next round, instadeath. Second time I tried to fight you: Missed jack, instapummel death. Third time: Hit jack, full truss, all bindings, almost instapummel death, got away.

With my build I have what, 800 hp if I have a good set? You can kill me in one hit. There is no way you're going to sit there and tell me you'd have attacked you and killed you solo with my thief, I don't care what you think I'm capable of, you're on crack. I attacked you solo about 4 times and all it ever did was get me within 30 hps of death every time. So I proceded to only attack you if I wasn't tanking, and ended up killing you several times that way instead. Yay kick. The only thing I could do to you was plant rafts and shred your magical butterfly wings, the final count was 14 shredded pairs.

I'm sorry you're frustrated about not being able to get a 'fair fight' with me, but if you played a binder thief the way you're suggesting I'm supposed to play one, you'd have con died after about a week of being in hero range. I take too many risks for my liking but it keeps it interesting for me so there ya go. Regardless of what you say, being visible in the same area as you was a risk.

And the items for guild leadership was totally fabricated, I just needed to sell them to Scions for gold, but thanks for giving them back, that was some pretty cool deceptive roleplay, and all the roleplay I got from you.
66202, Wow
So since you didn't think you had a chance against him you decided to justify ganking and only ganking? What about those umpteen other people you have had a chance against? All I have seen from you with my characters is a variety of excuses for this action or that. If that is the way nexus is supposed to be played by all means man, Rock out.

Rock out.

Chris
66204, Disagree.
Posted by Forsakens on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Iltch has been pretty good with me in fighting solo. It is the other three Nexites around a lot that go in tandem.
66198, Damn yer Faerie-winged arse!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I have to say out of all your recent Battle incarnations this was by far the best.

With respects to the number of huts, I think you jumped the gun a bit when I spoked to you. I can't remember the exact Ysal-speak I used but it was along the lines of 'lots of fargin huts, gettin a bit fargin crowed in dere' to which you immediately chimed in that Dad had said you could stay up till 10pm. If you had let me finish I would have told you that I was telling you to induct choice villagers and that you were approaching what we generally agreed on as about the cap (its not a firm thing, kinda like Ysal's boobs). But that's an aside and I don't want to have it be the bulk of my reply (although it kinda is).

Good job with Yve, I think on the whole you made good decisions as Drillmaster and Commander, although I smacked my forehead and let out a DOH! when you asked for Harol as Drillmaster, knowing we would be asking you to pick another sooner rather than later. You took some brutal deaths, but also handed out your far share. I hope you enjoyed your ride.
66199, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Gramoak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were cool with me. The one scar on your name from me is that, in my opinion, I felt it gay as hell to call blood in a gentlemans duel in the arena. Aside from that though, you were kosher and led the village well from what I could tell.
66256, Cool Character
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought Yev was really solid, really cool. Your build was pretty sweet, and you pwonzered (sp?) pretty much everyone in the Rites. I was fine with your leadership style, and your inductions. I'm not a huge fan of the whole "memorize Battle history" requirement in any case, and Battle is one of those Cabals where easy in and easy out work. Not to say I'd be opposed to a leader who was more of an induction hardass, but I was fine with the way you were as leader.

I thought you were tough as nails in most of your PK matchups as well, though there were a few times when (IIRC) bloodthirst ended up being not such a good call.

Thanks for being a good leader, I think Battle did really well while you had the reins. Time for another Rites, woot!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
66736, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another worthy villager who lasted so long. More often than not, I've been at the sharp ends of your axes. And we had a few good battles, yeah?

Dig this solid character and well played. Loved the interactions we've had.

Like I've said in Iltch's farewell, won't be playing for a long time. I do miss CF though...

Be well.

Kiraan
66140, Final thoughts
Posted by Yevandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a long run. I rolled up after deleting Glimdar because I thought the village was really hurting at the hero ranks. My buddies always rip on villagers for raking up kills in the mid ranks so I got my kill for aplicant title at like 11 or 12 and then power ranked to the 40's before I started hunting. The name was made by scrambling the letters of Daevryn it was just a bonus that it ended up sounding like a boxer name with the hand spec choice. Originally I planed to go chilling/cry but with the shifter revamp I just absolutly needed something defensive to avoid being one rounded by the new more powerful blunt damage forms so i went ward instead and I am really glad I did. This is my first character to reach 300 hours as well, I had hoped to con die a month ago and really tried hard to achieve that but despite my continual taking of massively stupid risks it just took too long for people to kill me off.

three suggestions I would like to make

1.) Add more save vs mental gear that is not flagged magic. villagers can't use numbers on bards generally and they can't prep against them either so with bard edges in we are basically sitting ducks against any bard who is not an utter idiot. I know of only 2 pieces of gear with any SVM at all and one of them is dwarf only. please throw villagers a bone in this department

2.) Change berserk to only drop deathblow by 5% instead of 10%. basically as a berserker in the hero ranks against anyone who preps(which are 98% of people who use commands other then flee and c word that fight hero villagers) you rely on having the deathblow percent in the 90's since it takes close to 100 hours even for a dark-elf to perfect it and the village is generally heavy on low int races I think it would help some villagers to reach the level plateua with enough con to enjoy it, this is more for noobs then vets, vets will simply play a more conservative style until the skill gets high.

3.) Evade learning rates. Ok I was at 79% in 300 hours as a svirf who basically never stopped fighting. At that rate I was not set to perfect the skill before achieving leader age death. can the learning rate be such that its a reasonable expectation to perfect the skill before achieving leader age death?

66125, Oh boy did you get me. Harol will be so mad. Great char. NT
Posted by Velyzaggon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
RAWR!