Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Delen the Banisher of Fear
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=66098
66098, (DELETED) [None] Delen the Banisher of Fear
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Feb 1 20:11:20 2008

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Delen perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:79
66100, Ugh
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is definately a class not for me, and one I will more than likely Never try again. I've never played a paladin before, at least into the PK ranks, and while some facets of this class were neat, I NEVER had enough mana, could never set my own fights (After a scolding from Baerinika, I was not allowed to begin fights in town, and if I was fought in town, I was to take it out of town) which made things just.. bleh. Too frustrating, I even broke role a couple times getting pissed off at petty situations, so might as well delete becaus this character was not fun from the get go.

Not to sound like a spoiled sport, but for the most part, I was bored out of my ass playing a Paladin, and wasn't suprised at the behavior of a lot of other "goodies" either. Wether it be others requesting items for me, people like Darascus not giving me the time of day for interview with Maran with a couple recs and plenty of PK's, being ganged by outties and imperials at the same time, being killed by groupmates because I want to rest (NEVER enough mana, ever) or flat out nothing to do because I just dont have anyone in range that I can go hunt down, or anyone in range that would hang out long enough to fight. Definately not my style, not a class for me, and god I hate playing goodies, I just thought I should give it a try, I did, and im glad its done. I am going back to my roots!

I didnt really make friends, I ranked a lot with few people, and rarely did much of anything. I dont know how the virtue system works, but if I am right, I got Retribution Virtue. Or at least more sk'sup in that window.

Baerinika, you gave me five minutes after days of chasing you in your play times listed, and told me how you wanted more time, then I never heard from you again. I think I had full empowerment too, because I never again saw anything from you other than some virtues while running around Galadon trying to keep this assassin attacking me waiting on a Tribunal to show up and flag him. I dont know what that was all about, and no offense, but I dont think Ill be in your direction again. Thanks for the chance at paladin at least, and thanks for the empowerment.

Other than that, this just wasnt a class for me. I dont think any personal goodbyes are noteworthy, just a couple paladins and transmuters, and a conjurer were pretty much all I had anything to do with, so thanks and hope you learned a bit from ranking with me.

See you in the fields

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
66104, That's why I much prefer elf paladin
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elf had enough mana, and could melee well too.
66110, RE: Ugh
Posted by Darascus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
people like Darascus not giving me the time of day for interview with Maran with a couple recs and plenty of PK's

Sorry if that was the case. I vaguely remember Delen, and recall speaking briefly with you and then never really hearing anything else. I realize some people had this experience with my character, and I apologize to all of you. All I can say is that it is tough trying to find time to juggle everything, but I felt I gave it a pretty good run.
66120, To Baerinika
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So you put this on the char file

Tue Jan 15 19:14:59 2008 by 'Baerinika' at level 12 (13 hrs):
Our role is all about defending Galadon, but then we were jumping up and down on Necromancer in the middle of Voralian, so I guess we thought violence and crime OUTSIDE Galadon was ok.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but you apparently didn't read into my role other than face value, and didn't snoop or the like at all about said situation. This is something that kind of irks me. My role had nothing whatsoever to do with defending Galadon, and by no way did I portray as much. It was about defending someone too weak to defend themselves, IN Galadon, and if you really read the role instead of just stamping me, you would notice I took the law into my own hands IC to save said person in the role. I didn't call Tribunal, I didn't "lure them out of town", no, I attacked the assailants.

Also, the PK scenario where you stamp my character just "running rampant vigilante" in voralia, you would have noticed perhaps that Gramoak and I spent a good ten-fifteen minutes discussing the situation (He called for my help while I was out ranking solo) and we DID try to lure them out, but they weren't biting. No Tribunal were around, and good-aligned NPC's were getting slaughtered. We struck just enough to lure them out, and the fight carried on out of town in three seperate areas after splitting up the group, AND they quit ranking there.

I find it entirely ignorant and unnaccurate your post on my character about running up and down Voralia after swearing to guard Galadon or the Law or whatever, apparently you had no clue to my character or desire to, and just decided to toss in a negative comment.

I did everything I could to not break the law, talked to other paladins about not breaking the law, but when good-aligns are being killed and there is no one there to stop it, I did what I felt was best and just enough, to actually take it out of town.

All I got from you is letter of the law etc. etc. and then you dissappeared.

Perhaps next time, take the time to know the character before you make negative spots like this, and take the time to know a character that is SEEKING you out, before just slapping an empowerment and going on your merry way without another word.

This is why I don't play good aligns, because the sword is two-sided, and perspective is always neutral.

Thanks for the empowerment and chance to play the class, but really, have some more insight before passing jugement, because I truly feel you were in left field here, with little to no IC guidance other than just getting me to say Im sorry wont happen again, and have nothing to do with interpretation or character intentions, let alone properly understanding a role entry.

-Rogue

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams