Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectTahrlaw Deleted. Sorry Ysal.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=65572
65572, Tahrlaw Deleted. Sorry Ysal.
Posted by Zen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Allright, I was trying to hold on but I figured I'd just let someone else have a go with a Minotaur slot. This was my second hero warrior ever, the first being Tynnyn, Talon of the Phoenix, years and years ago. I happened to get this slot around the time Ysaloerye got Imm'd, and having played with one of her mortals with Tynnyn, I knew that I would be in for some stellar RP interaction if I made a follower.

Ysaloerye, I'm sorry I didn't make it all the way to a Tat. I totally felt the role, loved my char and loved Ysal, hands down best immteraction I've had. The major problem was that, well, I couldn't PK to save my life. I'm not sure if it was my build, sword/flail cry of thunder/ward of blades, that I don't know where to find good gear, or that I'm just no good with warriors. Whatever it was, it amounted to not a very fun time. Ah well.

I loved the Village, the Rites are awesome, and I saw some really stellar chars.

Doriach, great char, I totally respect you, even if Ysal. wanted me to hate all duergars. Cezar, Yevandr, doing a great job, despite what anyone may say. Everyone else, no complaints.

Final Thought: You'd think that Mino speech is a small issue. It isn't. It sucks more than I ever could have imagined. Aside from the inability to do quests and dying in no exit rooms that required codewords to escape from repeatedly, about half of the playerbase doesn't/won't try to understand what you are actually saying. I feel like half of my RP was lost on whoever I was speaking to. I just got tired of trying to talk at all. Maybe it would be better if there was a toggle so that you HEAR what you actually SOUND like. I had no idea how bad it was until late in this characters life.

Much Love,'

Zen/Tynnyn/Tahrlaw
65593, Soddin' Heffer!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a pity, you were doing ok in the religion and had picked up on a few things on it, there were a few more things you had to wrap your bovine head around before you could have gotten the vaunted 'first tattoo'd' spot.

Trust me when I say I feel your pain with the Mino speech, it's a tough row to hoe. As Cuucqa I went the non-verbose route, spoke little and used esays to highlight how unintelligible I was. I also took great pains to kill anyone who mocked my speech.
I think you did a great job with the RP of Tahrlaw, you used emotes well and I enjoyed our interactions. I still think there are things you could have done and strengths you could have built on to make your combo viable, but when it feels like a chore then its usually best to move on.

GLWTN
65576, RE: Tahrlaw Deleted. Sorry Ysal.
Posted by Cezar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character. Im glad you emphasized the RP, that is really where the game can get fun. I fought with you a few times and thought you usually did well. I didn't get to watch you fight others too much. I did wonder if you used flurry much. As an example, I didn't think about it until later, but, when we were group fighting in the rites, that would have come in pretty handy, especially with cry. How did you like the flails choice? Wish you would have stuck around. Roll another and good work!
65575, Aww man
Posted by Doriach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could tell that you were struggling to keep playing - its difficult when you start to question your combo, and doubly more so when most people don't want to take the time to talk to you b/c mino speech - been down that road, and its a tough one.

Dor met Tahrlaw early in life, and got a kick out of him. Stupid cow.

You did seem a bit new to warriors, but i'm sure you learned a lot here, and if you decide to play another, you'll have some solid experience to build off.

Well done, and come on back.