Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Puelvelol the Avenger of the Righteous
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=6530
6530, (DEL) Puelvelol the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon May 13 22:44:58 2002

4 o''clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Puelvelol perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:MARAN, the Holy Brigade of the Phoenix
Hours:219
PK Ratio:30% (closer to 100% is better)

6531, RE: (DEL) Puelvelol the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Puelvelol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I had to finally do it. Paladins are fun, and I love Maran. I just... it's not the way I like to play now. So for my farewells, short they will be.

Shokai - Thanks for the empower/virtues/tat. I sought you after awhile, hoping to rekindle some RP and keep the character, but things weren't meant to be. I love Maran, keep up the work with it.

Johan and Zardik - My two favorite Maran. I had fun with you both, going out and hunting. Johan, congrats on IMMing and all, eventhough I told you in game.

Aliera - Your character is fun to be around, and you're dependable in a fight. Keep up the good work.

Kerik - The only reason I thought to "order you around" was that I was a tattooed follower and you weren't. Something to aspire to, though I know I wasn't that much. Good luck with your next character.

Scions

Dullameh - Great job on liching, and great job with your character.

Krivohan - Lion isn't bad, but when you're going up against a shield paladin, you gotta do something more. If you don't have a walker, your toast.

Just a rant on Nightwalkers. The worst damage I ever took from anyone but Dullameh was from a Nightwalker, and that was from one acid blast. I agree it balances, but that still hurts.

Sylvan

Targaryen - You and I were good pals, and we did well with gathering things, etc. I remember the time we got the bard up near the fortress. You were dependable, start logging on more.

Well. Thanks.

Elarion/Iamaw/Ralicazin/Vortalscon/Puelvelol
6536, Puel's role and equip
The Village

The storm giant Puelvelol was born in a village near the storms of the Aryth Ocean. The village, a warlike village, always on the lookout for a hoarde of attacking fire giants, made sure that each young giant was trained in the use of weapons.

Keeping guildmasters in the village, each giant was sent to find which weapons they felt suited them most. Puelvelol found that those weapons he could most easily handle were swords, staves, and maces. Training with a shield, he became an unstoppable machine, always ready to spar against another giant to help them learn of the ways of the weapon.

Using his great strength, Puelvelol seemed to find that those who couldn't move very well when fighting were the easiest defeated. He went to the guildmaster of paladins there, asking to be taken on as an apprentice, to learn the ways of the shield paladin. The guildmaster accepted Puelvelol's request, teaching him to call upon the Celestial powers given to paladins to help them defend the righteous.

The Battle

Puelvelol's first battle came in the summer of his 120th year. Fire giants, with help of their drow allies, came and attacked the village. Puelvelol helped with some small healing, but eventually, the healing building was dangerously near being overrun. Puelvelol went out with a dull edged practice sword. He fought bravely until others could come to his aid, then collapsed upon the ground. When waking, he found that the village had been saved and he was a hero.

The village elders made him a honorary sergeant in the storm giant army. Given command of his own troops, he tried to protect the storm giants as well as possible....

Redemption

Duergar came to the village in Puelvelol's 130th year of life, and he fought against them, leading his troops straight to battle. A young duergar cried out to be saved, calling upon the name of a Celestial of Light. Puelvelol ordered his troops to take the duergar prisoner until it could be questioned to see if it was truthful. Against their sergeants orders, they tried to kill it. Puelvelol fought against them, making sure not to harm any, but was eventually overrun by the troops. The young duergar, possibly seeing true redemption, was executed.

Puelvelol was placed into jail custody. The village council, deciding that because of all Puelvelol had done for the village, should not be executed, exiled him. Puelvelol sought out many places, finally finding Galadon as his home. Taking a recommendation from his master in his own village, Puelvelol went to the guild of Paladins in Galadon and joined there to learn more of the art.

<worn on finger> a silver ring set with a single malachite
<worn on finger> a silver ring set with a single malachite
<worn around neck> (Glowing) (Humming) the Ankh of Loch Terradian
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a necklace of prayer beads
<worn on body> the hide of the Ancient White Dragon
<worn on head> the Helm of Ancient Red Dragonscales
<worn on legs> Leggings from the Scales of Tiamat
<worn on feet> a pair of steel lined dragonscale boots
<worn on hands> some ornate steel gauntlets
<worn on arms> spiked arm plates
<worn as shield> (Glowing) a shield of mirror-white dragonscales
<worn about body> fine robes of dark blue silk
<worn about waist> the elvish sash
<worn around wrist> a thin silver bracelet
<worn around wrist> (Invis) (Glowing) the Bracelet of Bifrost
<wielded> a long sword named 'HumanSunder'
<tattooed> (Glowing) a silver phoenix clutching the moon

You are carrying:
(Glowing) a shimmering white longsword
a misty potion
(Glowing) (Humming) the Helm of Supremacy
(Glowing) (Humming) a mace of annihilation
(Glowing) a shield of pure light

6533, A forgetten farewell
Yodinfrid - Man, thanks for the humansunder you took from Dullameh. I used it to kill a couple of Scions, was a great help.
6534, Aww, I thought I was going to get a shout out. *sigh*
Posted by Ravenoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I liked ya. You had class kiddo.
Seeya around.
6535, RE: Aww, I thought I was going to get a shout out. *sigh*
Oh man. I forgot about you. You and I were great going on at the beginning, and I was really hoping to see more of you, then you deleted. It sucked. Sorry about forgetting you, it's been awhile. Hope you're having fun.

Puel
6532, RE: (DEL) Puelvelol the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Krivohan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I honestlydon't even remember who you were other than a Maran. As far as fighting paladins I haven't had any problem except when I'd died. I'll look around see if I got a log of you.