Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=6449
6449, (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 10 20:23:32 2002

4 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of Nature on the Theran calendar Tiberianus perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:426
PK Ratio:89% (closer to 100% is better)

6450, ...
Posted by Somewhere ... on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Upon the backside of the moon there is a Tombstone, etched onto it is the name 'Modion'. Deep down in the cold dust beneath that tombstone a skeleton turns and lets out a relived sigh.
6451, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Tiberianus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm just wondering, does anyone really care for me to post anything here? I could do the farewell thing, but hey, if I liked you, you knew it.

In short, the great irony of Tiberianus' life is that he was kicked out of the Nexus for taking the head from the village because he hated seeing his fellow Bonded dying to the villagers without being able to strike back in any meaningful way. That, and the hypocrisy within the fortress made him a rather bitter gnome. By hypocrisy, I mean nightgaunts (responsible for three or four of my deaths?) from warlocks, maran calling him more evil than the Scions, and servants of the dawn trying to help maran kill him while he stood there naked in front of them.

He was turned evil shortly before I went and killed him against the nexus guardians in a vain bid to return home. Actually, I guess it was three weeks ago or so? I've actually been trying to kill him off without going the outright suicide route, but I ended up having to just off him like that with some six or seven deaths left in him.

The imms said something about "indiscriminate killing is an evil act." Maybe I should have written up a role =)

Chris.
mawth@yahoo.com
6463, One other thing - who else i have been
Just in keeping with letting people know who else you've played, well, here we go, over some eight (?) years of playing, there's quite a few, and I know I will forget some. I think I started about six months after Carrion Fields was birthed.

Minerva
Timmorn, Marshall-Knight of Thera
Krow the Defender of the Guild
Ridell the Ghost-Elf
Alzzain
DuPayne
Kaerellus
Chelsea
Zilani
Dorreah
Valintelthas
Tenebrarum

and lastly,

Tiberianus

I know I'm missing a lot of them, but hey, it's a been a long day!
6464, RE: One other thing - who else i have been
Posted by Sumac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember DuPayne (if he was an AP Arbiter around the time of Duke and Zadoc) distinctly as someone who took me under their wing and taught me about the cabal raiding system as well as a bunch of other little tricks of the Arbiter trade. Always wondered if he still played.

"poison" sumac
6465, RE: One other thing - who else i have been
When I made him, he was a warrior from udgaard using a polearm long before the specializations came into play. That was what, first and second ages. I think someone used his name later on.

But yes, he was justice/arbiter when he was made.
6462, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you. A LOT! You were perhaps too good at slaying others, but instead of seeking revenge on those of the rift, you didn't attack when you could. You were one of those rare few that had me thinking I'd roll up a character similar to theirs. Luck on the next. I remember you attacking Bleergiem in Udgaard and I sort of went OOC (I knew Tiberianus wouldn't attack the rift through Theerkla) and I was yelling "I'm NEXUS". Soon as I got it out things you backed down.

6460, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Dakizar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ha, I managed to outlive you.

You were the first person I ever FD'd (I could just imagine
the look on your face when you flew to me right after I heroed
to resume flyto harassment), and I have to say you were one of
the best opponents I fought. That time when you got the flyto
drop on me after all my wands and gear had crumbled from the
anti-hoard code (oops) really pissed me off, culminating in
what may have been the most satisfying revenge duel I ever had.
I knew your greed for the multikill would be your downfall. :P

Good luck on the next. We undying Grummorish types need to stick
together.
6461, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Only reason you outlived me is because I chose to kill him off, so nyah =)

And yes, it was quite a look. Damned novas inside of the forceduel arena. As I remember, I was hastily trying to put up some defenses, and doing something like scratches to you with a tiger. That, and trying to dispel, which I did quite lousy with because I never worked on it.

Bastard =)

Least you didn't kill me as many times as Zainewton (three in the air, against a prepped falcon who always seemed to one up my preps)
6458, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Karithia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow..can't believe your finally gone Tiberianus. You've been around since before Karithia was even a hero. I was just happy we could become friends. There were few I could sit down and just talk to. It was always a chuckle to me hearing other Warlocks get upset about you attacking them, when I knew you would not hurt me. Any ways, I was glad to have known you and good luck in the fields.

Signed in a beautiful flowing script

Karithia El'Feanor

6459, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
It was a true pleasure, m'dear.

*sealed with a bloody paw print*
6456, Nobody remembers the little cat.
Posted by Loborguz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some good times you and I. I have no idea what the final tally was regarding who got who last or more, but that never seemed as important as the random tell regarding current status of people or self.

One way or the other it was rarely boring when you were around. That's high praise in my book.

I'd say good luck on your next character, but having read the list earlier it's a foregone conclusion you've already rolled one up and are terrorizing your pk range. :P

-Lobo
6457, RE: Nobody remembers the little cat.
Thanks...you were a bloody awful fight, no matter how hard I tried. And that's high praise, eh? =)

I did try and make life...umm...interesting. Yes, that's the word.

Chris.
6454, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Shikharfram on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn you, you killed me 3 minutes after I hit 50. I just poked my head out after ranking on spirits and there you came flying. But that must have been a year ago or something, so how old were you exactly?

6455, Tibby had about 440-450 hours on him...
I started him up at a friend's place after the last time I tried to give up mudding. Rolled him up because I remembered fighting a gnome transmuter, and it was a tough fight, some time around last spring? I would say March or Aprilish of 2001.

When I killed Tibby off, he had about 447 hours or something like that, and was still middle-aged with a six con. He hadn't really had my interest in several months, which is a pity, because he was a very good character and a real personality.

Chris.
6453, Bye Yorkie
Posted by Carrock on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sure did outlast me ;-)

6452, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Lorak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well didn't know you the best as Lorak. I knew you when I used another Charecter and you inducted me into Nexus. I was around when you got kicked out and was actually bonded with you at the time. But won't talk about that now. Nice work with Tiberianus but when you got removed and killed me a couple times I was a bit upset. After all it was my first char in the cabal as well as first char of that profession and race. But nice work. Drop me a line sometime at crash_overide690@hotmail.com if your curious or just feel like chattin.

Lorak
6466, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Szchada on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've already posted my farewell as Szchada when I deleted.

If you email me, I'll send you one from my current character because it is a bit different and also because I'm curious as to whether you ever knew it was me. I don't want to post it here though for various reasons.

Current address: HamiltonBern@aol.com
6467, RE: (CON) Tiberianus the Capricious
Posted by Nydeikon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just felt I should say something... I really liked you from the beginning. Never really heard about what you did to get kicked out of Nexus, but it was so long ago that Nydeikon never worried about it. The Rift then and the Rift now are completely different. It really sucked to have you turned evil and come attack me that one day. I hope you know that Nydeikon would have never attacked you, no matter what, but I'm sure you realized I didn't want you dead when I didn't throw you to death that time at the Sentinel with Sphinf there to cheap shot you. *shrugs* Oh well, sorry to see you go, thanks for the fun, you were a beast.

That Whil guy.
6468, This is the end of an era
Posted by Dwimmerling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved your work. You threw in a nice x factor.