Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Zaarg the Cunning Warmonger
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=64395
64395, (DELETED) [None] Zaarg the Cunning Warmonger
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 20 20:50:23 2007

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Zaarg perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:76
64396, Well
Posted by Zaarg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say... Edges must be expensive as hell.

I had one. Demon in the Wood pile. Came in handy with those few thief attacks.

Early on I did my best to multi-kill and full loot two perma grouping cloud giants but by and large I never did that to any other players.

I had intentions of doing it to the one person that killed me and another orc because I believed that orc to be another character of one of the afore mentione clouds.

Seriously man, when you're telling me to kiss your ass and I am, and you don't read English well enough to understand what is going on... Find a different game.

This character sucked, I know, I just wanted to see what Orcs were like since I have always raped them with other characters.

This being my Umpteenth mid 30's Orc... they still suck.
64397, I didn't mean to insult you personally, just trying to play the game. Hope you have more fun with your next. NT
Posted by Bordahul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
64399, Saying #### like
Man I didn't even practice my skills and didn't even try to fight is two things.

1: OOC

2: ####ing lame considering that if You are strait up out meleeing a character then that's what you are doing.

Your use of the Ignore command after saying that was uber-lame.

That stuff will eventually build you a ton of grudges and it will bite you in the ass.
64403, I think you misunderstood me.
You said I was a dumbass for practicing a couple skills three times, you're right. That's a waste of a train that could be used to get 10 more hp.

I called you stupid for that, simply because I don't see a big mean minotaur just rolling over and taking an insult like that. After that, you decided to attack me.

Later on, I felt the need to tell you that I didn't waste an extra practice on all my skills so you wouldn't feel that I was totally wasting a mino slot. I said that I did it without thinking much about it, because I'm used to playing 15 int races that can really benefit from three pracs on some skills.

That was out of character, I know. Nowhere did I say that I was kicking your ass at that point.

I turned on quiet mode after you continued to bother me. And just decided to kill you to settle it.

I'm really sorry if you thought I was trying to be an asshole, I wasn't.
64404, The whole me attacking you had to do with
What you said about our partner. He was more useful (And I liked him) than you. I was trying to goad you int a fight anyway, so when he quit I went for it.

As for the rest, sorry about that. Just by the way you spoke (Or I thought you spoke) I assumed you were quasi-new.
64405, I just wish you didn't delete. I thought Zaarg's RP was cool.
Plus, bloodritual would have given you a prep to totally own me no matter what.
64406, I doubt it.
Orcs are just to ####ing flee for me.
64407, Think haste, but without the bleeding (and I think) hp regen problems.~
nt
64409, RE: Well
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>This being my Umpteenth mid 30's Orc... they still suck.

Define suck?

My experience playing an orc is that there are some fights you just can't win one on one, like maybe a tough warrior that's outmeleeing you in the teens, before you have any kind of disarming or finesse options -- but you eventually grow into a lot of interesting utility abilities, and you always have the power to put out a ton of damage and great kill-sealing ability.

YMMV. Some people'd rather feel like they have a shot at everyone, some people'd rather kill more people.
64410, Not that I can see with the new changes to dex.
They have neat abilities, that all cause pain and cause you to wimpy when the fight is getting good.

Orcs suck, it's been said, buy player and staff alike for years now. No point in defending them.
64412, RE: Not that I can see with the new changes to dex.
Other people are damn effective with the class.

The only constant among all of your failed characters is you. :)
64423, I don't feel like I have failed characters.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I'm not seeing Damn Effective orcs out there.
64425, Kubilak was very effective. nt
Posted by Penny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
64427, Not really =) n/t
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
64433, What would be your standard for effective? (n/t)
64509, He was very
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
effective for an orc, but it does not make orc effective as class. For me effectiveness of class/build when he can take/kill/make run at least 80% of his enemies in equal terms (eq, preps and so on.) at hero ranks.

As for said orc, judging by logs he was killing most of the time really weak opponents who would not be a problem if Kubilak player was playing any other class. Even then he had hard time. I'm just saying that orc can get good pk records but only if he kill quite weak enemies, picking up targets is not fun for me ;) though sometimes I do it. This is true for hero ranks. At low-middle ranger orcs are very good for pkilling.
64458, You've had some decent chars, Elhe...
Posted by Penny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...but 121-6 with an orc is nothing to sneeze at.
64461, Yeah, I gotta give it to hose two but I think they both had some pretty good allegiances going too.
But as I recall they each mentioned a fair amount of frustration.
64440, Fycul seemed pretty burly as well.
Posted by El_Duderino on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Matter of fact, I think I'm going to get his PBF right now to see. I was always impressed with the damage output of that guy and his ability to pound folks' head in fast. Very similar to Kubilak in that sense. And a real orcy-orc to boot.

Anyone know who played Fycul he sorta dropped off the face of the earth from what I remember..?
64435, Now that I look at Zaarg...
I mean, you did okay with him, PKwise. I couldn't personally name a character you did even as well with, now that I know who the player is. I think (on your good days) your strength as a player is more as a RPer than a PKer, so I'm not really trying to sass you down there.

Not sure what you're expecting out of the class.
64460, I like Orcs, but
I the Wimpy thing kills it for me every time. I like having more control over my actions.
64457, Yer green fark!
Posted by Doriach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh man this bums me out.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed traveling with you - has really been a highlight for me so far.

Now who's going to keep me company?

Great, great rp. Come on back now, ya hear.
64459, It's hard for me to play a vicious character like an orc
as it is so easy to begin feeling vicious IRL.

But yeah. Dude. Doriach rocks. I had more fun with you than anyone else honestly.
64462, I was also sweating the fact that I was going Mundungu! n/t
sdagv
64644, Heh
Posted by Orc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have not played a cloud in years.

You immeditely argued with me and if you were right or wrong it has no matter. I had a lot of levels on you and you created the tension beetween us. Even when I did come to join you two anyway to support my clan you nofollowed and stomped off complaining about something that I did not say and was not going to do; I left a nice group to come get you guys and help you out. I think you left because you were scared that we would do as we should considering how you went off on the entire clan.

Orcs don't suck, they are different and difficult to play.
Its not hard to get a big list of orc edges

In the past I have used the large level range to bridge orcs from 12-34 or so and the youngest orc did not learn any experience from the kills. I wonder if they actually changed this but I grouped an orc with 12 levels uner me and a human in my range and proved the orc would learn nothing in that group, I think that says enough about it but because you shouldn't be able to group people that won't fing learn and I got tired of trying but i'll get a chance one of these days to prove if they changed it.

Also:
You seemed to do better than most of the other orcs, you do get a comliment from me.
64650, Orcs have a 12 rank gap
When with other orcs.

You were saying some wierd assed #### and I honestly thought you must be Krilcov becasue you were damn near nonsensical. No scratch that, you were nonsensical.

I was throwing you praise and kissing your ass and you just went off on some wild ass tangent.

Seriously dude, you were so far away from what I was trying to say that it boggles my mind.
64651, One other thing. What you were trying to describe occures when...
You initially group with someone that you can and the gap grows to large.

It was a phenominaly self explanitory situation and one I was hand feeding you and one an Immortal tried to help you with.
64431, I will be forever angry I didn't kill you when I had the chance. NT
Posted by AA on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So um, thanks alot :)

Good char.
64426, Tried to gang/multikill me a few times.
Posted by ForsoothAnon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I unghosted after seeing you in the vicinity and thinking 'Nah... He wouldn't gang me again right after I just died to his last gank'. I guess I was wrong.

I just quaffed/ran from you any time I saw you after that, rather than risk you having a thief/assassin around you to throw in a few trips onto that bashing, like before.

Good pker at least, didn't see much respect comming my way though.

(I am not one of the people in OP that he was targetting)
64430, Hrm...
I only recall doing that to the two clouds.
64494, Who really cares.
Posted by Xenoroyal1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A good roleplayed orc should be the lowest of the low.
64502, He was pretty low.
I was ganking them for OOC reasons though. n/t