Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectDeleted. (text)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=64275
64275, Deleted. (text)
Posted by Phanem on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bit too boring for my taste. Interesting forms. Pachyderm/Trap Door Spider/Sand Lizard/Ostrich. Not suited for PKing but still usefull. Was not going anywhere with this character and can get something going quicker if I just reroll. Zulg has done a fine job with shifter revamp. Few quirks I emailed you on, we will see when more people have time to test things out. Shifters just got very dangerous for a select group of forms.

Imms: Edges were well designed. I think the game is balanced pretty good now with dex changes, despite the whiners. Equipment boosts to shifters made them more playable agaisnt most specs. Detect artifact is great. My barrier source though was retarded, and whoever decided it was a good place to hide a wand is a pycho. Without detect artifact I would never in 100 years have found the wand.

Enjoyed the villagers for the most part. Good crop there.

Fortress: Pretty dull stuff. Frustrating at times, but I did keep my mouth shut and just plugged along. Much more fun, killing fortresites than listening to them. Few exceptions though were well played and interesting to watch.

Scion: Chrichuk is well played. Didnt see too many others enough to comment.

Imperial: Times didn't mesh much alas.

Outlanders: Throkk is cool. Desabarum was good to meet.

Tribunal: Didnt really interact.

I have some logs and will post them later. 1-1 PK record I think...and something like 100 foes just walking off when they got bored getting decimated a few times or vice versa with me recalling. Bad moment was being scourged/energy drained and quaffing a teleport to get away from a mob, landing on Southern Ramparts in Galadon, unable to shift/move/or recall because of curse. 30 seconds later, Village decides to come knocking on a mage tribunal and I was rocked.

Merry XMas, Lightmage.
64348, Huh
Posted by Darascus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry you thought the Fort was so boring. Now it is all the more boring that you deleted, so you didn't help anything.

64349, RE: Huh
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure if you meant to sound bitchy, but right here you sound like my ex-girlfriend.
64352, Re:
It was meant to be honest. People often say this thing or that is boring so they delete...but really how does that help anything ever get better? If you think it is boring, make it fun. If you think it is underpowered, prove everyone wrong. Etc.
64354, No thanks,
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To summarize: leave him be with those kind of musings, he's probably heard it all before and cares even less for that particular opinion with a full time job. It's also why Eskelian made the comment he did to you. I mean, he heroed in 56 hours. Exactly how much did he intend on contributing anyway? Not too much I'd say, and it's unrelated to how much he actually did. He was just testing shapeshifter.

This might run counter to the line of thinking 'play to make the game more fun for those around you' but I support LM's decision and would rather delete and re-roll something actually interesting rather than turn my logins into even more of a friggin' job trying to do exactly that.

Fortress isn't exactly known for having people who either use offensively oriented teamwork. Defensive sure, toss on sanc and a couple heals and you're good... and it's all Fort's capable of when working in tandem.

When you're made to keep playing on the team that keeps losing due to their own mistakes, failures and shortcomings, it gets old fast. That's what LM and alot of the Fortress people who aren't Immortal starlets tend to not want to say aloud. Why would anyone derive enjoyment out of more than an hour or two of banging one's head against the wall to change that? It goes far beyond 'taking the initiative to make it interesting for yourself' in the case of incompetent or grating teammates especially since you can't criticize others as an active character without compromising your own.

"I have to admit I hate pretty much all of these ideas. :)" - Nepenthe, on New Ranger Skills
64363, Works for me
I get what you are saying. It is ultimately player choice, and that IS a good thing.

I think LM is a unique case when it comes to shapeshifters, since he knows them inside out and backwards. The thing is, he had just been inducted and then deleted within what? Two days? He even said the role was coming along...sticking it out could have paid off a lot (then again it may not have paid off at all). Again, it's player choice. I just personally wish he would have hung in there a while longer. It's sad to see good characters go early.
64361, RE: Re:
Posted by Sebath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a game. If a game becomes boring, I'd probably stop playing it. CF is a community, but to be frank, I'm not playing to directly and specifically make other people enjoy it more. If during my play that happens, all the more kudos to me. I play to have fun, to enjoy my time.

Maybe he didn't contribute enough to make it more appealing for him. Doesn't matter. Maybe other people's rp in the fort didn't make it fun for him. Doesn't matter.

In the end, it's the player's decision, and if he found it boring, it's pretty much that to him.
64327, Aha
Posted by Tiryl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Knew it was you.

I'm gone too.

Shocked, simply shocked, that between us we couldn't manage my black. Argh!

64332, I found it...we just did not get together much. n/t
n/t
64334, Question
I did nothing with this shifter. How the hell did you know it was me playing it? We just ranked a few times and I offered to help with some wands....blah.

Forgot what your other form was, manta and ? After you powerranked off, I didnt see you much.
64335, RE: Question
Posted by Tiryl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Long time lurker, first time re-player? Just had a feeling.

Manta and dire wolf. I, also, did nothing with this shifter.
64325, Bah!
Posted by Dungard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, I would have never guessed this guy was you. I dealt a lot with Malic, who was really one of my all time favorite characters. Too bad, if I had known you were the same player I might have tried to get more of your inner awesomeness out.

Were you a lycanthrop? There was something weird going on with you I was trying to figure out.

Good luck with the next!
64333, RE: Bah!
Dungard is a well played dwarf. Compliments. You made me laugh a few times with your banter.

This char just wasnt doing anything for me and alot of the time when I was playing I was distracted or not really into much of anything. My role revolved around lycanthropy and it was developing nicely however I didnt have it in me to pull it off properly. Ill post some stuff once I get it edited.

64295, You suck. We coulda been contenders! NT
Posted by Kruuank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT