Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=6380
6380, (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 7 15:02:36 2002

3 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Dark Shades on the Theran calendar Ungoliare perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:80

6381, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Daomael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Allright, I have to give you props for having the wit to summon me into the enforcer....but what a way to go out. I was pretty pissed off after that, but I don't think I ever broke role in all of our fights....at least I hope I didn't. You had balls to come into the forest after me, what with all of my animal friends, and I salute you for that. It was fun, and I can reflect now without being too pissed off because I just spent three hours ranking to get out of that enforcer death exp hole that you so graciously bestowed upon me.

Daomael, Druid of the Storm, Warder Lieutenant.
6382, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Ungol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hopes were to try and become Vindicator.

I'm convinced this position doesn't exist or those tribunal imm
guys and girls are just too busy to give it out. A shame, it could
and would do wonders for the cabal.

Did my best to hold to the evil Anti-Paladin role of enforcing the laws with a bloody fist. It's amazing how people completely loose
touch with RP when they get a flag. Breaking character just to cuss you out is pretty lame. Had fun, but I'm not cut out to play a mage
of any sort.

Notable mentions go out to Aikailymn - yeah that thief guy.
Always giving me tips, helping me out and being a general sport.

Constance - great role, great leadership. Especially in Tribunal
where much of leadership falls entirely upon the Provincial.

Not very many notable friends. Good interaction with Shamus after
I took a gank from him and a Dawn warrior. Had my disturbed
discussion with him considering he walked away with that warrior and
didn't reprimand him in any way. He later did which lead to a
decent interaction.

Notable infamous mentions: Kronur. Samtuka. Ganaloon. Daomel.
Shimandar.

First three did everything possible to gut me, Ganaloon throwing
his life at my axe. Samtuka was a cool entropist, taking his
shots at me.

Daomael - Would have died to you hadn't it been for summoning into
the enforcer. You were a tough puppy.

All in all - think Anti-Paladins could use some tweaks but they are
a pretty strong class. Hated even thinking about looking for wands.
Died many a mob death in my explorations and figured I should stick
to something that can tank decently while exploring.

Back to the drawing board.

6388, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well right off the bat I can tell you 80 hours and a level 40 character is not going to get you a Vindicator position. Is it possible to get it that quick, maybe. About the same chance as getting Asteins Tattoo ;)
If you want important positions in a cabal you have to show the Imms of the cabal your in for the long hall and your roleplay is solid. When I was made Vindicator with Trillox I had 200 something hours already, unfortunately I was pretty burned out on the character by then. Good luck with your next character.
6387, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Eselfleck on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a long rant written, about how much I hated you, about how much I hate Tribs who run around attacking people who set foot outside of town, especially when their action leads to that same person dying inside of the town when they run there for safety. Instead I'll just say I'm glad you're gone, and I won't miss you.

6386, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Samtuka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Welp I really never had any problem with you, nor did I intend on it. I am not the person who will just run out and murder anyone, for obvious RP reasons. Just as of late, certain events like this did hinder my role and its upsets me how these things have played out. I hope you didn’t feel that I was acting like ‘a normal’ entropist, but if you were in my shoes for the past week people use the worst reasons to attack/flag someone just for their things and/or rage. For anyone reading this...act like you want to be treated if you mindlessly kill people others will to. Don’t use RP for a reason because anything can be justified without death. This affects us all because those who got ganged and fully looted won’t be able to get revenge but if they are in a rage that nice little naked gnome to your left will die ;).

Ah well,
Sammy

P.S. Remember this?:

<hp m mv>e
The Tribunal Walkway

Ungoliare is here.

<hp m mv>
Ungoliare leaves west.

<hp m mv> where
People near you:
(PK) ME The Tribunal Walkway

<hp m mv> w
High Road

<hp m mv>
Ungoliare tells you 'You wanted for entering spire'

<hp m mv>
You are now WANTED!!!
6385, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Constance on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ungol Salute! You were always one of my favorite Magistrates, even though I didn't see you around that much. One relief I had when I deleted was that I wouldn't have to deal with that note someone wrote complaining about you. I *really* hope none of that stuff that you were accused of was true, and it would have disappointed and surprised me as a player if it was.

I hope you'll read my comments on the Bria forum regarding the Vindicator/Justicar thing, and maybe add some of your thoughts as someone who was trying to be a Vindicator. A lot of my comments there are just me projecting what I think some of the Tribunal players may have been feeling like.
6384, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Kronur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dammit, I had plans to thicken your skull and empty your pockets for the rest of your life, even though I lost my steal count on that last one and got myself munched!
Good RP on Ungol though, look forward to your next reincarnation.
6383, RE: (DEL) Ungoliare the Evil Knight, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Shimandar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Notable infamous mentions: Kronur. Samtuka. Ganaloon.
>Daomel.
>Shimandar.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing to be mentioned here. Anyhow, I really enjoyed our duels, even though as a level 35 warrior (without save spell) against a level 40 anti-paladin with both weapons being norem, I didn't think I'd have much of a chance. Which is why I wanted to duel you on the outskirts. I knew I could just run to town as soon as trouble came :)
And I suppose it did. Even though at least once I got closer than I would have thought I would.

On another note.
I'm sorry that you deleted over dying to us out there in the past. I was actually going to give you the non-evil items back, that I couldn't use. Believe that or not. But you deleted before I could sort it out. As it turned out, it wasn't all that much after all.

The problem with anti-paladins has always been, that dying usually leads to 2 deaths and loss of a great deal of power (depending on your luck with the axe). Which of course makes it all the more tempting to rage-delete (not sure if that is what you did, but it looked like it).

Anyway, I liked you. Good luck whatever you do next.