Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kilthig the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=63799
63799, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kilthig the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Nov 30 01:23:09 2007

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Kilthig perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:152
63804, Got my ass kicked one too many times
Posted by Kilthig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love dwarves, just being able to be brash, talk some trash (but never tasteless) and generally make people laugh is always enjoyable to me in this game. I made another dwarf in fort because I havent had a Maran before. Thanks Baerinika for Maraning me, it was a wierd instance as I was running for my life from Zridv and Chirikaw, then I let you down and got Kelteon killed. Ive also wanted to test out my theory that balance of the sisters with axe/mace could work... I was horribly wrong (or maybe I just suck which is probably the answer). Axe in the mid ranks is mean. If you have a decent set and 2 nice axes pincer can take you a long long way. As I crawled up to hero people have more hp/more specs to tool you and are generally more skilled. I thought mace would compliment axe well. Took greeting/balance. I had in my mind I could bash, whirl, bash, boneshatter, bash drum =boatloads of pks. Well... never perfected bash.. or boneshatter... usually enlarged and still couldnt lag up to what I thought it would do.. oh well.. delete delete.

Only gripe I have is lightforged weapons. I died or lost 4/5 pks because of the slight differences in the weights of the weapons. Esp when switching with axes and hammers, id always get the "this is too heavy to wield with this" or this is too light to wield with this and end up wielding 1 weapon.

Fort
PEsa- Well you can pluck my beard and use it for your nest now, thanks for the chance, deadly guy.
Auglaize- Hedgehogger, we ranked at like.. 15? then you powered like mad and helped me ever since. You were really awesome and fun to be around I will miss you the most.
Darascus- Invokers are just mean, you really made a raid or defense 10x easier (id live) and knew your stuff. Plus you had a sense of honor which I really respected.
Kelteon- You are very green and sometimes got really annoying, but you are learning alot and have some GREAT people to help you. Keep on keeping on and I bet in 2/3 chars they will be real quality.
Dungard- You made a combo work that Ive been wanting to try, kudos to you, keep kickin butt.
Enemies-
Zridv- at the lower levels it was gang central on me. I almost deleted a few times when you and a group would kill me. Then we heroed and you became a good/fun enemy. You always landed the big kote on me which i never understood, i was saving edge points up just for strong wrists... oh well good luck!
Chirikaw- You tried to play the "I dont like to gang card" but if it was there, I always knew i'd have someone else on me. I was pissed the one time I had you and Kiraan walked in an raked you.. oh well.
Haltan- You are honestly the problem with this game. WE had some fun fights, you would kick my ass with bash, then yell out random things to goad me into fighting and talk trash. I dont get it, maybe its your role but its a ####ty one.
Elemek- Bleh, you 2 rounding me, just bleh amazing combos
Sousidan- I felt bad about getting your convulsing at your pit.. but you raped me ambush and jaguar are real nice now.
Rhayla- You talk some trash, but do it in a really good good way You can tell that your char is suppose to chafe his enemies (which i dont mind at all).

If I forgot you sorry Ill respond back.
63805, RE: Got my ass kicked one too many times
Posted by haltan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
im the problem in this game? eh

well that is a surprice for me..
63806, Enjoyed our little fights.
Posted by Elemek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried not to come after you a second time unless you hit the nightwalker as it can be a hard life, the dwarven one.

One less person to enjoy fighting, what is the world coming to!?
63810, RE: Got my ass kicked one too many times
Posted by Llorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of those characters I felt bad for killing. But you always had the potential to make things go really poorly for me in me vs group combat so I ended up taking you out early. I enjoyed the fights and all the crazy chases. I remember that one fight with me you and Auglaize.. Damn that elf! Again I think people are too quick to throw away dwarf warriors. I think a maran dwarf warrior could have been a force. Good luck with your next char.
63816, All I can say to you sir is ewww
That one fight in Galadon... where you neuro'd me and your staff disarmed I literally took my hands off the keyboard and watched the carnage unfold. I didnt think I was going to be scared of a transmuter (I had divine saves) then I realized I had poor saves against paralysis... oops? Oh well you are a scary scary dude, keep it up.
63814, RE: Got my ass kicked one too many times
Posted by Auglaize on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Brother Kilthig, you were a true joy to have as a friend and an ally. I have a soft spot in my heart for Dwarven warriors. Despite having a lot of good things going their way (equipment, HP's, RP, Dwarf inherents and resist magic/poison), they tend to get beat up quite a lot. You took your fair share of hits, but kept on going, and that deserves a lot of respect in itself. You were a standup, dependable Maran, and your lack of presence will definitely hurt our war.

As for the build of the character itself, I had really tried to pull for you taking polearm. Axe and polearm are thus far my favorite Dwarf warriors. Also, if you had trouble perfect some of those skills, you could've always asked me for some help. Would've been no problem at all. As for weights of weapons, I have to say, that is everything to a warrior. So the best option isn't necessarily a lightforge weapon. I'd be curious to know how much they weigh, though. Because I though the searing light weapons were made of energy, which in my mind, should be relatively lightweight.

Good luck with your next, friend.
63823, We had some good battles
Posted by Zridv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure I'd go with "gang central" as you and I have fought a lot...a lot... a lot. There were many one on one battles, but if I broke your wrist, I knew you wouldn't stick around. WHen you would break my weapons and shield, it was time for me to go. Chirikaw and I can be a lethal combo especially to someone not flying...which we got you once like that. That being said...I don't consider 2vs1 a gang. Especially against a maran dwarf warrior. You deserved it though, great job. Good luck with whats next.
63827, I phrased it poorly then
I meant at the lower levels, once near the refuge and another 1/2 on the eastern where it was 3 on 1 or 4on 1. Towards the end we had really even fights. I got maran literally right after you two found me in the HTOS, which was cool. I dont mind 2v1 when I cant really be lagged to death. You were a great opponent and classy at hero range. I didnt mind you kicking my butt around hamsah, esp since you finished it with a classy owaza. You are a good char and I am sorry if It seemed like I made it seem otherwise.
63825, RE: Got my ass kicked one too many times
Posted by Rhayla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really regret the things I said to you IC about your character. It is a matter of OOC frustration/stress bleeding into IC, which quite honestly you(and not just you but all CF'ers) don't deserve.

Your presence added to the range and not everyone can say that. Hell, I'm lucky I can say it because I have assassinate. :)

Anyways, I'm rambling, glwyn.
63828, What is there to regret?
Unlike some people in CF, you said your things but actually let your role/char concept come through, alot of my interactions with people consisted of them calling me a pansy, ninny, #### after they kicked my butt, but you and I talked, jabbed etc. I understand frustrations but I couldnt tell it was really OOC at all. Finally I didnt mind it, you kicked my ass HARD. I respect that, good char keep on trucking
63837, Bye Larry
Posted by Pesawwkt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another favorite fort dwarf, I named you Larry, Donnagal was Moe. You three kept me in stitches at times.
Come back to the fort again before I croak.
63861, RE: Got my ass kicked one too many times
Posted by Chirikaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I loved this dwarf.
*You* were really cool and wanted a one on one.
So I started to try my best to give you one.
It would work out that either you had the upper hand by far,
or I did (mostly you damn axes :) )
((You have no idea how hard it was to bring myself to
give axes back to you. Even when it was worthless for
sale.))
but no matter what happened, someone who was against you
or for me (my 'side' of the moment) showed up OR and let
us not forget when I somehow managed to get you out and
start tying someone from your 'side' (half the time it was
some random fellow who just didn't like me walking by)
started untying you. It got laughable toward the end there.
A couple of times I was SURE we were all alone. and poof.
Where did he come from. Falcons and eagles and random outlanders
oh my! Half the time I think our mutual enemies didn't know who
they wanted dead more and we both ended up getting away.
When kiraan jumped in I was mad for a second, and then just started laughing, I probably giggled for the rest of the night.

Anyway good luck with your next.

**This post was written a bit differently and**
**I realized it gave too much away so I edited**
**before posting. If I deleted a line that was**
**needed for it to make sense sorry, it's still**
**fresh in my head the other way...**
63802, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kilthig the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by haltan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sorry to see you go. we had some good fight in the mid 30th and was hoping to fight you agin as hero...