Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Drupply the Novice of Owaza, Loves Loot More than Good
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=63381
63381, (DELETED) [None] Drupply the Novice of Owaza, Loves Loot More than Good
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Nov 11 19:54:55 2007

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Drupply perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:130
63391, bah
Posted by Patick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We just met though! It was fun killing that anti paladin, then the body guards and such.
63382, RE: (DELETED) [None] Drupply the Novice of Owaza, Loves Loot More than Good
Posted by Drupply on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never playeed an assassin before, I was having fun till the imms ####ed me and took assassinate away. Oh well I'lll come back with another even deadlier fa sho, betta recognize the realness in assassinate cuase i be cumin back fools
63383, btw, the flying leaping dolphin kick to the calf, pwned you all! nt/
n/t
63385, A slight correction
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Never playeed an assassin before, I was having fun till the
>imms ####ed me and took assassinate away.

No...the Fort app assassinating a good-aligned character ####ed you.
63386, After my whole life not being able to get inducted I said #### it.
n/t
63387, RE: After my whole life not being able to get inducted I said #### it.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not being inducted into a cabal is no excuse for a good performing an evil act.
63388, No but it made me feel good =P Finally got some loot i could use =P n/t
n/t
63389, Makes me feel good to see what CF has evolved into. n/t
Posted by Derexal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
63396, One moron != entire playerbase. Kthxbyewtfbbqsauce ~
Posted by _Magus_Guest_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
63401, tahts a lot of bbqsauce. n/t
Posted by Derexal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
63392, Speaking of loot
Posted by Darascus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I appreciated you giving me that piece of gear, but there is nothing right at all about an assassin popping out of the shadows, giving a Maran a piece of nice gear, and then saying "Recommend me to the Marshall as payment."

Sounds more like something a mercenary would do. Or an imperial.

Or any number of neutral aligned characters that don't give a crap.
63394, Your name had a large part in why you didn't get in.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is not a troll so I hope it stays up for people to learn from.

Your name made it hard to take anything you said seriously. especially given your behavior.
63395, Two questions for you
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) What's wrong with his name?

2) Do you speak with a Fort leader's authority when you say this?
63399, RE: Two questions for you
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whats wrong with his name?

Are you retarded? Sound it out phonetically and say that again... pfft

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!
63403, Now that I pronounce it, I realise that "Drupply" is pronounced exactly like "George Washington"
Or not. I tried different variants of phonetic sounding for it, but didn't get anything that was instantly recognizable.
63404, Maybe it's a cultural thing.
Senior Droopy from Guadalupe!

Drupply just seemed like a comic characters name. Like Tiddles or Bobo or Bozo. Drupply the Clow would be fine, but not rupply the Assassin.

And where I speak in authority from is many comments by the players and several remarks I've heard from In character dialog.

63408, Oh, that white dog
The name's translated in here, but I admit knowing the English name as well, though I don't really remember many other characters. Maybe there was some brown Mexican mouse in it too, with a sombrero(maybe I'm thinking about Speedy Gonzalez here, can't remember if they were in the same cartoon at times). However, Drupply just doesn't sound like Droopy in my ear. Here's how I'd phoneticize them:

Drup-pli
Druu-pi

It's just not the same in my ear. I could guess your inability to prounounce the first p, but failed to guess that you'd also make the u a long vowel and l silent. My initial best guess was that it would have sounded like "Dupli" in your ear, which is a pretty far-fetched connection to assume you to complain over.

63414, What it was for me was this...
Bozo and Bogo would both illicite similar recall in my mind giving me a visual of a pedaphilic clown.

Druppli and Druppi both bring to mind slapstick cartoon images.

It has less to do with pronunciation than it does with how the name "Looks".

Similar to my Durgar Jonathar. I liked the name, other people hated it because it LOOKED like Jonathan to them.
63398, RE: After my whole life not being able to get inducted I said #### it.
Posted by Dylan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not many people get inducted into the Maran before they hero in my experience.
63402, My experience as well.
My voker got inducted as a squire at almost 300 hours.
63405, Question from an RP sense.
Posted by Shadowmaster on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This isn't a question of why did this happen to Drupply. I understand that he broke RP, therefore he suffers the consequences, however, how do you RP that one day you used to be able to kill people with one hit, and now *gasp* you've forgotten it.

I have never understood how that type of punishment is supposed to be RP'ed. The same can be said for losing specs/etc due to alignment changes. Could this be clarified please? Thanks.
63406, Come on...
Posted by Terwin05 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If a necromancer can wave his hand and make you forget all of your skills, and Keanu Reeves can wake up and say "I know Kung Fu", surely you can find a way to incorporate some type of divine revelation/derevelation without too much effort. Or did you forget how to suspend disbelief?

T
63409, Suspending disbelief is hard for a variety of reasons.
Posted by Shadowmaster on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like one day I just woke up and forgot how to do something I did my whole life. All I wanted was some Immortal to comment on the preferred method for RP'ing this type of incident. You come here and act like an ass. Way to keep the bar raised for official posters.
63415, One method for me would be.
I dare not act in the manner of the Assassin until my guild has settled what to do with me.
63438, RE: Suspending disbelief is hard for a variety of reasons.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is actually quite simple to explain. You spend your entire life being good. Doing the right thing. Then one day, you go and kill someone who is good because of greed. Good and evil aren't a switch. Remorse for an act like this could cause you never to WANT to assassinate again. That's enforcing rp. That isn't just taking away a skill and a player moaning because he lost it. He now has to live with the consequences of his actions from a forced emotional factor. That's the way it would really be.
63446, Couldn't agree more
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's such a great opportunity to get an Imm's attention. Use it to write a role and move on from there.

Bet if you could have pulled it off, you would have a new title, and perhaps be inducted into Maran.

Wise men see opportunities instead of problems.
63455, Its funny that you question "willing suspension of disbelief", while playing a text based fantasy game n/t
Posted by Kads on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
63407, Yes.
Posted by Forsaken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Immortals are like aliens with little silver probes.

At least, if this ever happens to a character of mine that is how I'm going to roll with it. Aliens. In flying disks. Anal.
63418, RE: Yes.
Posted by Nilia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh Jesus Christ that made me laugh hard. I can just see Zulg, some 30 some year old guy, maybe going a little bald, with a big silver probe saying "Aha! Alignment change! No skills for you! Come back one year!"
63412, You could go with an asian theme
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretend that it requires relies on your chi. By undergoing an alignment change, a huge hole has been ripped into it, and you no longer have the ability to focus your life-force towards the task of killing someone.
63413, Consider it the chaotic mind-state that comes with major life changes.
Posted by Vlad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know even just changing jobs can cause me all kinds of stress, and make me scatter brained. Stress affects people in big ways, and the stress of suddenly finding yourself with a different belief structure can be horribly jarring and really weigh on a persons mind as they struggle with old ways vs new. I totally see why this happens.

What I fail to see however, is why some people gain their skills/supps/spells back almost instantly, and others who are equally (or in some cases better) roleplayed never do.
63417, Heh. Chaotic mind state that prevents concentrating.
That's a good one, especially if the ethos gets a change to chaotic as well. The confusion period is a really good idea IMHO and I might use it if I'm unfortunate enough to get my align changed(which I doubt, since I don't enjoy getting nerfed that way without knowledge of getting things back).

As for some people getting things back and some not, Imms are human and the decision depends on what and how they perceive and interpret things. This perception and judgement dependence contains multiple factors that can contribute towards inconsistent decision making, even if the Imms do their best to be consistent all the time. It simply isn't reliable.
63416, Divine intervention...deus ex machina (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
63437, RE: Question from an RP sense.
Posted by randombutterfly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are lot of elegant ways to RP a loss of key ability more fun than anything described so far. Here's one suggestion: The character in question was a good aligned character who snapped and killed another good aligned character in premeditated murder. Perhaps the guilt would prevent him from using those abilities again? There are plenty of epic figures who don't use key abilities because of guilt from past actions and more whose guilt creates major disabilities and burdens -- even if they continue in their new direction.
63465, I like this suggestion.
Posted by NMTW on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Drupply (PK) Up the creek
DwarfMaran (PK) Up the creek

<100% 100% 100% oudoor civilised 6am >
>Assassinate DwarfMaran

You step out of the shadows.
Your memories of having been such a f4glord rush back, drowning you in feelings of guilt.
Your assassination attempt <<<<<<<FAILS>>>>>> and you trip over your feet.

DwarfMaran smiles happily.

DwarfMaran says "HAR!"