Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Turjuk the Druid of Wind
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=63255
63255, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Turjuk the Druid of Wind
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Nov 5 23:25:28 2007

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Turjuk perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:druid
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:112
63314, Semi-Rage Delete - Bored as well
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Turjuk was fun in some ways, but I just wasn't interested. I've always been a "play one at a time" kinda guy until recently. After reading through Twisties forum and noticing his post about championing a cause I decided I need to help. I have always thought this way and with the reduced playerbase I think it is even more important. Recently I've had more time to play, but sometimes it gets pretty slim, and with multiple chars thats just not good either. However, with this also comes a desire to have something that almost all the time is fun. Druids, for me, aren't that. Gathering herbs, and stuff gets to be tedious. I'm very very glad they changed shape-shifting. Anyway, lots of great times, and some thanks to go out. I also have played a successful Druid in the past, Karrel, so I didn't have some desire to accomplish that. That and Outlander isn't really hurting right now for leadership or players. There are many other things I still need to do well.

Thank yous!

Immortal:
The she-wolf - Thank you so much for the time whoever put into this, I really appreciated it and felt some loving. I do wish I would have had more of this type of interactino with the other two empowerment extensions, but oh well.

Cyradia - Turjuk was a druid, not a ranger, and I had hoped that came through a bit more in my role, but apparently not. I do appreciate the comments and I hope you like my next one in the contest (I think its good - Now you just have to have a contest :))

Lyristeon - Thanks for the final empowerment, I had been praying for awhile since finding out I couldn't call the Hunt. However, as great as the Hunt is, I still could do everything I needed to do with Turjuk, so it wasn't a big deal. I loved how you ended that conversation - The Master of Mayhem tells you "Call out the dogs!"

Outlander:
Linaeren - I'm sorry to up and delete on you so fast. Thanks for doing quick interviews. I think one of the problems with cabals and player size right now is the sheer amount of time some folks require for induction. Come on people, they can lie their teeth off to get in, its what they do while cabaled that will really be seen.

Neyerved - We could have had some fun, I enjoyed your RP.

Danrae - We also had some good times, and I really loved it when you "stuck it to" Neyerved by not healing him at the chasm. I think it is exactly what you should have done.

Tki - You have the potential to be fearsome and I look forward to us having confrontations.

Anyone else, please post and Ill respond. At work, so my brain is beginning to be fried.

Enemies:
Llorenz - My friggin Arch-Nemesis. You could just blow my mind too easily. I started gearing for it, and actually saw a difference. However, I deleted not long after because of boredom and being full looted by a thief on the open sea. Right down to my medallions of the wild.

Pissudin - You are strong, and a good player. I hope you die soon though :)

All others post and I'll respond. I had a lot of good fights and some great hunts like on Klydenstrom. He learned a little about the Hunt. Woe is the person who doesn't know the affects of the Hunt for the first time. :)

Anyway, back to the grind!

Aaron
63316, RE: Semi-Rage Delete - Bored as well
Posted by Linaeren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No problem at all. I only ever play one char at a time myself. It would have been disgustingly fun to have you and Anponrus at hero at the same time. People venturing into the woods would have died very fast. Good character, hope you have more constant enjoyment with whatever you decided to stick with. And I agree about the interviews. There is no way to know how solid someone is until you see them in action, and if you give them a chance and they screw it up, its on them.
63317, RE: Semi-Rage Delete - Bored as well
Posted by Anponrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Three hunts on the same guy does not sound like much fun for that guy. I really enjoyed Turjuk. We grouped a lot early on, and I got to be real jealous of that giant weapons resist coupled with protection from metals. I was pretty bummed about this deletion, because I also thought it'd be fun to have you around later on. Either way, I'm sure we'll have our fun soon.

Good luck with the next.

63319, Thanks! txt
Posted by Neyveryd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the nice words. It is good to know that some people enjoy Ney's RP, because for me it is very much outside of my comfort zone. Bummer that you are gone insofar as you seemed competant, and having another good druid at hero would have been good for outlander.
63320, Woohoo!
Posted by Gatusso on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gatusso 1
Turjuk 0

I looked forward to tangling with you more. I often sat around thinking up strategies to go toe to toe with you. You also made me carry some non-metal weapons for quite a while.

Always fun playing with you.

G
63345, Lots of fights
Posted by Turjuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had a lot of them, that is for sure. I get my dwarfs mixed up though. I do know one killed me when i was in a group, but I later got them with said group. Anyway, you could be beastly and we had some good tangles. Darn you and weaponbreak and shield cleave!

Anyway, good job and keep trucking,

Aaron
63325, As the wolf in question
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt bad for not doing much after that point. It seemed like
whenever we were online at the same time (which was rare),
I was busy doing something else. I was sort of hoping someone
else would pick up the slack, but I think the general thought is
that once an Imm empowers someone, no one else touches them.
In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed the beginning!

Good luck with your next!

63331, Thank you
Posted by Turjuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw after the fact while reading my PBF that you were the one who did that. I really appreciate, especially in light of the fact of you being semi-dormant. It was a neat experience, one I wished for more of, but I didn't even expect what I did get. I was just glad someone listened to me. Anyway, thanks again.
63297, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Turjuk the Druid of Wind
Posted by Llorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will miss our fights. You had gotten pretty damn fearsome near the end but woe is a cloud druid that has a transmuter in range. Felt bad for you sometimes.
63261, This makes me sad...
Posted by Tkishi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked seeing a cloud giant druid. Haven't seen a great one in awhile, and I think you were on your way up.
63283, I liked Tki...
I liked you a lot and I don't mind Druids too much. I was getting bored with him though, and Druids can get boring fast with all the gathering at times. Anyway, I'll post more tomorrow.
63294, Only had a passing fling with Turjuk but have a confession
Posted by Elemek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Flying over 'Explorearea' one day and I see a (WANTED) Turjuk and think to myself, excellent I could fly down and lay waste to him but then the evilness kicked in and I thought 'Ahah, he is stuck, he cannot get back and he cannot walk through' so I left you to rot and felt bad as a player because its all downtime but evil RP won out.

63315, Don't remember this
I don't remember being stuck with this char, you might have to enlighten me.