Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) NONE Ffolliott The Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=63026
63026, (DELETED) NONE Ffolliott The Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Trouble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes Twist, it was another ranger :P

I really hate having to wait to walk somewhere and I always seem to want to go from one side of the place to the other to check on something. And I hate gathering stuff just to refresh. It's why rangers rule!

Plus, savages are great for not having to worry about getting squat in the way of equipment and still being able to level them on your own.

Fela make great ranger tanks, though I was a bit disappointed at the ambushes; not nearly as damaging as the wood-elf or storm giant savages I'd had in the past. Fewer than 1 in 20 made it to the UNSPEAKABLE range, even when striking vulnerabilities. I'd guess the tanking and extra claw attacks compensate considerably, but it was a minor disappointment nonetheless.

Not to beat a dead horse, but could smear mud do something visible for the ranger? It's a little annoying to have a major class skill that does nothing as far as you can tell. Not saying it doesn't do anything, but you couldn't tell it from my point of view.

Anyway, it was fun, too fun and I was using it to procrastinate on grading exams (poor students, all neglected and everything). So as soon as I 51'd, I deleted.

I had planned to go Outlander but my original application note never got responded to so I just let it drop, despite hints of joining being in the role. Had fun writing the role and was a little surprised it didn't make the cut for the role contest but I fully understand that there were others judged better that month. No complaints, just thought it was one of my better efforts at a role story.

P.S. All the names I've used in the past several years have been the last names of authors of textbooks I use in class. Well, except for Lanning. Just in case someone is looking for inspiration for finding a name.

63063, RE: (DELETED) NONE Ffolliott The Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Tkishi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the few times we got to travel together. Ranking with felar rangers is always a lot of fun. That was the first time I can ever remember ranking in the Whistlewood. A learning experience for me definitely. Good luck with your next!

By the way, since you like rangers, you might want to try that same build with an explorer. They have a skill that negates the bleeding. Also, hunter is a trip.
63074, enjoy the presents!
Savages are really good with the bleeding anyway because of staunch wounds. I don't think I was ever in really serious trouble when we were ranking in there, largely because there was a healer in the group too.

So far I've done human/beastmaster/mountaineer, wood-elf/hunter/mountaineer, wood-elf/savage/marshdweller, storm/savage/mariner and now felar/savage/marshdweller. I haven't done the explorer yet or a cavedweller but have been thinking of one...fortunately I deleted Zmud so I won't be playing again anytime soon.

Good luck with the hunting and enjoy the claws.
63083, RE: enjoy the presents!
Posted by CF Pusher on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>...fortunately I deleted Zmud so I won't be playing again anytime soon.

Zuggsoft does allow you to redownload and install the Zmud software for free. They wull provide you with a new license key once per month as long as you have a valid account with them. Just thought you would like to know in case you get the urge to play again ;-)

63058, Ffol!
Posted by Turjuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey man,

Well, I've liked most everything "Trouble" has done in the recent past. Another good one and we had some fun together. All those dead headhunters! Anyway, will be fun to see what you come up with next. The one thing I'd say about Outlander or any cabal and I'm assuming you know this, is that writing a note isn't going to make anyone talk to you. It is funny that most require it before they will speak to you, but unless you initiate that conversation they won't do anything about it. Turjuk mentioned you a few times on CB hoping the Imms would do something, but at the time a Sunwarden hadn't been chosen that I knew. Anyway, go grade those exams and stop reading this!

Turjuk
63073, mad props for doing the cloud/druid
That's got to be one of the tougher combinations to do. Liked Turjuk a lot when we travelled together.

I'm guessing the lack of any process for my all too brief Outlander app is the result of just having Lyristeon looking over the cabal. I'm guessing he has way too many things on his plate and I just slipped through the cracks. But it's okay, I always viewed Outlanders application to be sort of a fate/chance thing and I probably had less stress not having to deal with cabal wars.

Keep rocking the cloud/druid, should make for a lot of fun for you.
63037, RE: (DELETED) NONE Ffolliott The Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by k-12 guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I work in an IT role in a school system. Our library software is follett. That's what I thought of when I saw you running around, so I find much humor in your naming angle.