Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Teelc the Champion of Warfare
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=62997
62997, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Teelc the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Oct 27 15:04:34 2007

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Teelc perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:122
63165, Tender Lovin Care ma arse!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just saw TeeLC and thought 'aawww someone needs a hug!'
Sadly I didn't get to watch you much at all, the few times I looked in you were doing your solo thing and nothing much exciting was happening.
Wished I had seen more or you had at stayed around to grab your second legacy.

On to the next then!
63009, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Teelc the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Aubrei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wasn't Teelc (probably a bit different spelling) the alien guy with the gold mark on his forehead in Stargate?
63030, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Teelc the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yeah.

Well, I think it was Tee'lc. with the apostrophe on the show.

one of the reasons one of my chars never hero'd, because I couldn't force myself to accept rankign invitations from this char.

Other people, Ic, really liked teelc. so I'm sure he did ok in the rp department, I just couldn't get over the name. that's probably my bad, not his.
63038, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Teelc the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Klaak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm afraid I must confess, that was where I got the name from. In my defense, however, I didn't ever plan on this character ever DOING anything. He was intended as just a newbie test char when I rolled him. There were a couple things I was curious about, and never intended to take him past level 10. Somehow he ended up being much more. IF the name wasn't bad enough, he was a staff/spear spec as well. That actually happened by coincidence. Once he became a character for actual play, I planned on him being a dagger/whip spec. But some IC convinced me to go with spears instead. I think it may have had something to do with ranking ease, in addition to good weapon combination. In hindsight, the name was deffinately a bad choice. If I'd had the tiniest inkling that I was ever going to use him as a real character, I would have chosen better. Since I'm posting, I might as well get around to doing the goodbye post as well.

I guess I'll start with my reasons for deleting.
The primary reason was that, frankly, I was tired of getting my ass handed to me by every mage over level 40. Even being geared for saves so that my score said, Heavily protected, I didn't spellbane very many spells accept sleep. Not that I wasn't grateful for those, but spellbaning transmuters and invokers seemed impossible for me, and I didn't last too long. Invokers, I usually went down in 1 round, maybe 2. It just goes to remind me why all my past ragers who were anything but storm giant were always scouts.

Another reason was, about the time I rolled him up, Striking the Shadow's Footfalls was all the hype of CF ville, and I wanted to see what the hype was all about. I saw a few logs and it looked really sweet. Unfortunately, about the time I hit mid thirties, all the ragers and rager apps I had been powerranking with suddenly lost all desire to rank up and I got stuck in mid-thirties for an insanely long period of time. This caused me to get very bored. I hunted magi for a bit as well, but I've been gone from this game for so long, and there are so many new areas, that mostly i just ran around running my moves to zero, and while resting up to move on, I hear over the cabal channel that someone else just nailed the guy I was looking for. I lost track of the number of times this happened. Finally I decided to put Teelc on hold and play something else for a while. When I saw Teutonium and a few others whom I had traveled with before finally starting to rank up some, I got inspired and brought Teelc back. Unfortunately, by the time I gained my first legacy, Striking had already been seriously toned down, and didn't do jack for me. Fighting against Nexun warriors, who I clearly was unable to go toe-to-toe with, I used hit and run tactics, with every battle, or every other battle giving me and insight into my foe. But in spite of 5 insights or so gained in this way, I saw no noticeable improvements, and eventually, I'd miss a critical bash or misdirect, and in turn, receive a bash or worse yet, a battering strike for a ***DEMO*** that lagged me too, and find myself dead. Then the komodo population suddenly exploded and I was getting my ass handed to me by them too. I didn't die to them very often, but I did a few times. In order to figure out how to beat them, I decided to put teelc on hold again, and rolled up a defense/offense shifter (at the time, no one I talked to knew what type of form it was. After rolling, I later found out), in hopes of getting the komodo. And sure enough, I did! I learned alot about fighting them, but wasn't quite done studying them when they got toned down recently.

(I want to insert an appology here to all you fellow ragers who had to put up with my constant hunting you. Drahmim, Dioka, Vhergruhl, you guys have my serious respect for sticking it out as long as you did. Because of you guys, I learned the dragon's weakness, and with this toning down, you guys should have no difficulty beating them from now on. The only thing that kept the dragon ahead of you was the massive rake, which should pose no threat to rager resist any more.)

So after the toning down, I started playing Teelc again, but I just couldn't regain my excitement for the character after having played a char that could just waltz right into the first house in Teth'Azleth and take on the weaponsmaster, followed by the archmage, and then the first mob before the matron mother, all of them solo, and only just break a sweat. Toss in a little help, and it got easy again.

So if losing the excitement of the char wasn't enough, when I came back I found that most of the other ragers in the upper range had already deleted as well, and the commander on hiadus (spelling?). To top it off, my other character whom I had played when Teelc was stuck in mid-range, just had a bug fixed which has been holding me back with that char for almost a month now. All in all, the deck was just stacked against Teelc.

A few individual goodbyes:

Teutonium, I was realy sad to see you go. Towards the end as I was playing my komodo dragon, whenever I saw you log on, I would quit with the dragon and log on with Teelc. We ranked together around level 28 and up into the mid-thirties, and again in our forties after a long separation. I loved traveling with you becaus you clearly understand the game well. If we ever ran into trouble, I knew I didn't have to worry too much about you going down, or worry that I might end up sacrificing myself trying to save you. (I don't think I ever had to rescue you for anything. If I did, it was pretty rare, and probably just one of those times when everyone gets surprised). In fact if anyone would have needed rescuing, it probably would have been me, though I didn't do too bad with this char in times when there would have been any hope of rescue. I was really glad to finally start to learn from you the location of some items to shake the veil. Playing the Komodo, I discovered a few more to add to your list as well. Too bad I never had the chance to share them with you. In your next life, play a goodie mage and we can go visit some more exotic places together.

Dioka, I never really got to know you too well, but you showed alot of heart. Especially when I was tearing into you with my komodo. I'll look forward to fighting beside you again someday

Drahmim, same goes for you. If memory serves, you and Teelc trained skills together at mid-levels, and you were hard pressed to land a single hit on teelc through his defenses. I hope I'm not confusing you with a different character. If I am, I appologize. It's tough to remember that long ago to remember everyone I spent time with during my early days after being inducted. But if I was, as you said then, "completely outfighting you" at the time, that certainly changed by the time I deleted. You turned into a heck of a force to reckon with. Keep up the courage (and the con now that I'm not playing my dragon any more) and inspire many more villagers to join.

There are a few other ragers I could name, but mostly it'll just be repeats of what I've just said. Anyone who's sticking it out as a rager right now has my respect. You guys are just big targets with all the mage changes going into the game right now.

The mage I'm currently playing, I actually started before I even rolled Teelc, and has been long and slow in the growing. Once I'm done exploring with her, I'll be back to the village, again, probably with an assassin scout this time. My last one I rage deleted months ago, but never got to fully experience the role I had for him. It may be time to give it another go.

Klaak
63097, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Teelc the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Teutonium on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, seems we were in the same realm of regret when it came to our selected names. I never had to worry about you either, and traveling together was always enjoyable. It was great to see you start playing more toward the end of that char's life. Many times it was just me, until you started logging in, which I was very thankful for. I've played an arial spear/staff spec villager once (mace the other) and found I rarely used spears, except to impale. I can sympathize with you there. Hope you enjoy your other char.
63101, Thanks for the kind words.
Posted by Drahmim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't put "heck of a force" and Drahmim in the same sentence though. I've disappointed myself countless times with this char, but I'm going to stick with it a while longer if I can. Battle doesn't really have it great in the upper ranks (or any ranks for that matter - at least during my playtime). We need all the help we can get!

Too bad you couldn't stick around.
63158, It was Teal'c (n/t)
Posted by Perdray on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(n/t)
63162, With an apostrophe. nt
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt