Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Penelope the Affirmation of Life, Slave to Thrakburzug
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=62989
62989, (AUTO) [None] Penelope the Affirmation of Life, Slave to Thrakburzug
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Oct 27 02:15:23 2007

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Penelope perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:187
62999, kthx bye
Posted by Nivek-Penny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my first hero since 2001 and my first hero without either chamo or hide. It goes against my three rules of character creation, but healers are actually a rather nice class. I even managed to amass a 6-0 PK ratio during the 30s. Sorry to all the elves I terrorized.

I learned a lot with Penelope and went to Silent for the first time. I never believed the hubbub about the place, but it is rather enjoyable to explore it. Next time I will make a character whose RP lets them learn to write.

Thank you for all of the interactions, Thrak. You are one of the best IMMs. I appreciate the warning early on - that you were busy with RL stuff and not to expect too much. I carried on strong for a bit, but as you can see, lost interest. No blame on your shoulders for that.

The first nail in the coffin was Krynna deleting Kubilak. Sure, a healer would have made him even more powerful, but more importantly, he was a rallying standard for people to roll orcs. Smuerlk, Thrak bless your hairy soul, is simply not Kubilak. (You keep trucking though, Chief! I wish I had your perserverance.)

Eventually, the only people I had around were some lowbie orcs and the Scions. I grouped with them a lot, especially Ravon when he was on the up and up. They were powerful and Pen respected that. I was self-conscious about being labeled a Scion bitch. Joining them would have justified that label, but Pen was created for the Horde. Too bad there is no horde. I reflected upon this in my role.

Thanks to the many with whom I interacted.
63007, HAR! nt
Posted by Smuerlk_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
63053, Sorry
Posted by Krynna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It wasn't deletion, it was age death though. But really, I was looking forward to run with you. Too bad it didn't work out.

Well done with healer. I enjoyed your char.
63054, I stand corrected.
Posted by Penny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's still all your fault.

:P
63175, RE: kthx bye
Posted by Thrakburzug on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I think you know I was quite happy with everything you did. I do wish I had more time to have worked with you, but life is busy. I think you enjoyed the character and that is the important thing. I couldn't help but think back to my interactions with your first major character so many years ago and remark to myself how much your RP has evolved over the years.

I know this would have been one of the stand out characters in recent CF history if I had been able to interact with you more, but you showed what could be done with extremely limited Immteraction.

In retrospect I sort of wished I had tattooed you, but while I think you earned it many times over if you had been an orc, I just didn't see exactly what I wanted in the limited times I saw you. I kept feeling that the next time I would see something that made me reach for the tattoo button and I never quite got there. As with the above, this is most likely my fault for not being around as much as I should to have a follower, but thems the breaks. Your loss is the poor impoverished clients I get to try and keep out of jail and the joy they feel by knowing I have at least passed the bar.
63186, Thanks
I remember that character, too. Conscience of the Glade. I am surprised you remember him... It was such a minor character in the scheme of things and that was 6-7 years ago.

Thank you for the kind words. I agree with you on the tattoo thing - had I been a healer WITH a horde - things might have been different. I based the success of my character around other players rolling orcs because they saw a healer devoted only to them. That it didn't work was ok, but I wish I had had a backup plan.

Congratulations on passing the bar!

Nivek
63195, RE: Thanks
Posted by old sylvan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
was that feirhuld?
63199, Cronin. nt
63187, Having been Tatt'ed by you before.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there a command to activate your tat? Does it even do anything?
62990, Poop
Posted by Nivek-G on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was going to log her on this morning, too.

Goodbyes later.
62993, Quality character man.
Posted by Vlad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really, just a top notch character, in every way.