Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eyrndayia the Disruptor of Organs
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=62939
62939, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eyrndayia the Disruptor of Organs
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 24 09:53:30 2007

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Eyrndayia perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:transmuter
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:126
62940, It was fun until there wasnt anyone to fight.
Posted by Eyrndayia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Killing the same select few people because they are the only ones on day after day got boring. Soon there just was no one to fight.

Enjoyed the fights with Llorenz. Dont think you ever got close on me. I envied the fact you had a lot more targets to pick from. I had like, 1 option.

Later!
62941, RE: It was fun until there wasnt anyone to fight.
Posted by Llorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are right after a while I just stopped gunning for you. After our first 19838743843 fights I came to a conclusion that neither one of us would actually ever kill the other one on one. Yeah I can imagine being a fortress trans in that pk range right now is pretty boring. Its almost all goodies, and outies. Good luck with the next I had fun.
62948, So he should be able to rank up easily
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He chose not to rank into a more dangerous range with more enemies. So him being bored is his own fault, imho.
62950, I was not where I wanted to be.

I wanted an edge that would help me. I had no immexp, even for role. Handling the two necro's and higher level scions were a challange already. i was not prepared in all regards to rank up to have the bigger names along with those I said. As it stood I could not fight those people alone without backup. having the assistance in my range as well just would make it worse for how I was currently designed.
62953, Lame excuses
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>
>I wanted an edge that would help me. I had no immexp, even for
>role. Handling the two necro's and higher level scions were a
>challange already. i was not prepared in all regards to rank
>up to have the bigger names along with those I said. As it
>stood I could not fight those people alone without backup.
>having the assistance in my range as well just would make it
>worse for how I was currently designed.

The best way to learn new things is to fail trying. Every person that you thought you couldn't handle had to learn to kick your ass by dying a lot themselves. CF doesn't have a Game Genie(tm) where you can set your hp to 9999 (unless you are Nep).
62954, In his defense..
Posted by Llorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The 30s pk range favors the goodie, neutral heavily and hero range favors evil heavily. As a solo hunter, leveling into gank squad pk without a few key edges to make your life easier isnt really something that should incur this kind of disdain from the player base.

Knowing the characters player now I think he would have been alright in the hero range but still it was his choice to level or not level. Whats so fun about power leveling to hero in under 50 hours anyway?
62955, not having to deal with the sucky unreliablenness that is lvl 1-25
Posted by laxerific on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nah I see nothing wrong with it. I mean this game is about fun and if you feel the character won't be fun for whatever reason then there is no harm in trying something new.

but seriously at least powering to mid 20's or low 30's is a must as playing before that just is so bland and luck based rather then dynamic and skill based. The exception being the guys who spam everything at 15 then its just dumb.
62956, Enemy Range
Posted by Kathiva on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What you said is exactly the problem that necro face. Necros usually have problem landing spells on ranks higher than them which in this case is 48 - 51. Take the risk, its all for fun. Its a game afterall. Why lose all the fun when you only lost a simple edge?
For edge points, you can garner them easily via explore and commerce.
62952, shame we never got to fight!n/t
Posted by Bhrodul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
62945, Some nice fights :D
Posted by Srathi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Last fight was ouch, I bet. GL with the next one.
62946, Deletion Flame:
Posted by Disgusted on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you do not level sit and actually gain a few you would have the entire heroic band of enemies. And no I am not an enemy. You were too caught up in a single aspect of CF and hence your experience was less than rewarding. Next time try to expand a bit.
62949, I wasnt ready for that brigade of people. nt
nt
62951, Well so long, and thanks for all the timely recalls
Posted by Pesawwkt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once or twice I was like GAH! I coulda had him! Other times I was WHEW totally save my pigeon ass.

I will say that if you don't level into the big league you will never learn to fight there. I have had my share of heroes kicked around and still do, but you will never learn how to survive unless you are in there taking your licks.
62959, Sorry the boredom got to you.
Posted by Klyndenstrom on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could really use the help. Confidant, and competent allies can be hard to find sometimes and you seemed to do very well when it came to battling. My range was just below you and I have many enemies, if you had stuck around just a little longer it would have changed for you but I can understand the deathfulness of boredom. Anyway I hope you make another soon.