Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Fobrin Wikthal Gloyvahl the Weaver of the Elements, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=62863
62863, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Fobrin Wikthal Gloyvahl the Weaver of the Elements, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 21 21:46:47 2007

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Fobrin perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:234
62909, I am sorry we did not interact more. nt
Posted by Folsa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
62892, Bleh!
Posted by Ffolliott on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And just after I gave you a nifty wand, cloak and dagger. :P

But I know the feeling, I've done the same thing more.

Next time try a minimalist ranger. :)

62874, Doh!
Posted by Llorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know you mean I was a fortress guy under you until I lost interest and the character pretty much went away. As Llorenz I was very impressed with some of the stuff I saw you pull off in raids/defending. Mixed feelings about the char being gone.
62867, Righto then, enough's enough, eh? Wot?
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bleh. Sucks to just completely lose the drive to play a char. But it started happening two weeks ago, and rather than be a leader who showed up less and less and less, I decided to end it.

First off, apologies:
1. Forbin. Damn. I wanted to create a FOppish BRitish INvoker and so Fobrin seemed like a good name. I didn't realize there was a char named Forbin around. Sorry. At least now people won't get us confused anymore.
2. Corrlaan. You MARAN'd me and I stuck it out for about 3 weeks, but I really feel like I pretty much sucked as a "follower." Meh.
3. Baerinika. Meh. Being Marshalled didn't help revitalize my interest in the char as much as I had hoped. Sorry for the premature-ness. :)

Goodbyes:

Fortress: Liked almost all of you. I don't really have anything negative to say, though some of you get huffy about EQ (the same can be said of me at times, though, so meh.)

Niheriva - thanks for the induct. Not much else, our playtimes didn't seem to mesh.
Praeton - keep on truckin'. Your heart is as big as a mountain...your brain needs work, but you're learning!
Pesawwkt - Pretty sure if you hadn't had that setback, you'd have been Marshall instead of me. Maybe not. *shrug*
Braemir - Thanks for the help with the few wand locations, and huge thanks for leveling up a worthless third. :)

Scion:
Ravon, you're scary, but we had some good fights.
Sebath, you're scary, but we had some good fights.
Iszjir, I seemed to have your number, but you were uberclose sometimes.
Zorran, invoker v. invoker = dispelfest. Being unable to start with it was annoying as all hell. Stupid volley.

Empire:
Kathiva - NICE defense. Well done. I've got the log, I'll post it at some point.
Others - it seemed either I had numbers or you did. The few one-on-one fights that I remember seemed to end in a stalemate.

Others:
Demelza - thanks for all the wand locations and the leveling!
Ilmdrin - scary, though not as scary to me as you might think. I think you assassinated me once, and that was when I was leveling and pretty much knew you were stalking me but should have worded/teleported instead of walking somewhere to rest. Nice job overall.
Satebos - You seemed to lose interest in fighting me when neither of us could seal the kill. The feeling was semi-mutual.

Thoughts on the char:
I needed a goodie to offset my months of evilness from Hunsobo. I also needed a mage-ish char to offset my (even more!) months of warriordom. I also wanted to explore the A/B/S system and see if I thought it needed any tweaks. And lastly, since Invokers seemed to eat Hunsobo up, damage-wise, I wanted to see if they needed tweaking.

Thoughts on Invokers:
Invokers are really fragile and almost never can just jump right into a fight. Needing to wand up/check shields/make sure your greater shield has enough time on it and is the right kind (and if not, deshield/recast) makes it really tough to smack down someone on eastern road.
On the other hand, Invokers dish out HUGE damage to folks with bad saves/no protections, and when prepped are nearly impossible to kill.
On the other other hand, with no real way to stop someone from fleeing (was quicksand toned down? geez. :P ), the only way I seemed to get kills was by completely catching someone by surprise.
Lastly, Invokers are uberpowerful for raiding, but I found that the Imperial Council ate me alive - just too many "hits" or "injures" or "grazes" per round.

Thoughts on A/B/S:
I got, quite simply, THE BEST wand locations a guy could hope for with this char. One mob that cast ice spells, one mob that cast fire spells, and one that required no fighting to gather. But you know what? The whole "only 5 shields with barrier" thing really put a crimp in the awesomeness of my wand locations. :) I don't think I can use my experience here to rate the ease/difficulty of A/B/S.

I did, however, get a ton of help in-game, from all sorts of chars. And in turn, I tried to help out all sorts of chars find their own wands.

Thoughts on my roleplay:
Fobrin was supposed to be modeled after John Steed from the Avengers. Dapper, sophisticated, witty, debonaire...but a bit too enticed by women, wine, women, fine clothes, and women. I got the debonaire part down mostly, and some of the other stuff, but whenever I tried to "flirt" with a woman, it seemed forced.

Thanks to all who interacted with me, see you in some other incarnation in a while, I'm sure!

62868, Awesomeness!
Posted by Pesawwkt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hanging with Fobrin was just always light, no matter how up to our ears in it we were.
Thanks for the dragon hides and shielding. I had no end of fun, as for you getting Marshall it was well deserved, my setback made my character stronger and fleshed out her role.

I am very honored to have played alongside another char brought to CF by Twist.
62870, never really talked
Posted by Srathi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must say though, retrieving as a lowbie was pretty..uh..interesting when there was the elven brigade on, aka you, Lyeden, Marbeliel etc... :D. Id be spamming who in hopes one of you logged off :P.
62869, RE: Righto then, enough's enough, eh? Wot?
Posted by Demelza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed playing along side you, hated playing against you. Sorry I disappeared. Had a lot of fun with you and Braemir.
62871, What about me?
Posted by Adina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun talking to you and all those heals. It was fun.
62890, Heh...
To be honest, with Fobrin being chaotic, he didn't hang around a ton in towns and esp. not with Tribs. But yeah anytime I worded out of combat with some "wastrel" and you were in town, I wasn't shy about asking for heals. I'd of course have aided you if you ever needed it, but you didn't ever seem to need help, so there you have it!
62873, I feel much better about getting smacked around by you now! txt
Posted by Neyveryd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't think you nailed me, but you sure did beat me like a redheaded step child a number of times.

You should feel good about that because, you know, I'm OP and all.

Looking forward to your next mort!
62875, Well...
Posted by Jaleal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That defense Kathiva put up left a sick taste in my mouth. But still I enjoyed our raids. Thanks for the help you gave me. That one little tidbit of info has made me a lot more survivable. Too bad I didn't get to know you better. You were one of those players that made me realize my role-play isn't as good as it should be.
62882, Out of curiosity, how it did left a sick taste? nt
Posted by Kathiva on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
62888, If I had to guess....
I'd say it was due to the fact that we (3, then 4) not only didn't kill you but left two corpses on the Palace floor?
62902, Spot on. Righto then! (nt)
Posted by Jaleal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
exactly...
62876, RE: Righto then, enough's enough, eh? Wot?
Posted by Linaeren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always kind of hoped I might push you into wanting to fight me. I love me some invokers. Fobrin would been a much easier fight than Hunsobo. Yes, the two chars with the similar name confused me. "Fobrin is here" "Wait, which one is that?". Keep cranking them old bean.
62887, Heh, I didn't want to get all Marbeliel on you. (n/t)
:P
62881, Pre-thanks for posting the log, its a good fight. Thank you for the fight. nt
Posted by Kathiva on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
62889, RE: Righto then, enough's enough, eh? Wot?
Posted by Deyriaras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed having you around. The rp actually made me smile at times. Thanks for the shields, will say more when my thread comes up.
62894, Awsome
Posted by Ilmdrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fun to speak with and nearly impossible to catch. I wouldn't win a fight against you one on one unless everything fell into place so I stuck to trying to assassinate you but it seemed like you always knew when I was lurking (damn young fortress assassins). You surprised me when you nova'ed me in galadon out of the blue and definately made me respect you a bit more then I already did. I hope I returned the favor though when I almost hit that assassinate when you were lurking in your pit near the fort ;)

Another great char, keep rocking out twist.
62895, RE: Righto then, enough's enough, eh? Wot?
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well that's disappointing.

Good luck on your next.
62896, Voker vs. Voker
Posted by Zorran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its an excercise in futility when two barriered invokers fight eachother. You dispel a shield, I flee to put it back up, I dispel a shield, you do the same.

You did put me on my toes though, its always hard to defend against a raiding party that contain a voker. Since I have to dispel the shields before I can start doing that damage. But I got the bard in the end!

Zorran.
62897, Great character
Posted by Sebath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really need to step up my rp a notch. That's the lull with playing a class really focused on getting those charges...sometimes, you're just so busy with going about hunting and pking that it's hard to keep up rp.

Your character was really classy. I never realized how much of a pain invokers are against anti-paladins until I met you. Not to mention that my spells never landed against you :P

As always, a pleasure.
62901, Great Char
Posted by Iszjir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You owned me time and again. Props to you. GLWYN.
62910, Good times
Posted by Braemir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had some good times with you my friend. I'd also say you were hardly worthless when it came to leveling. You did all the damage, you and Demelza. I just stood there like the wall I was. I wish I was more use to playing the paladin class earlier in our leveling days. I'd probably would have saved you a death or two. At least it was good being on your side this time then against you, as my last Forty just couldn't stand up against Hunsobo for nothing.

Anyhow, good luck with your next, and I guess I'll see you in Imm Land.
62921, RE: Righto then, enough's enough, eh? Wot?
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Twist you son of a bitch, this makes two characters where I was basically your lacky :P I was Vryaeth too. I had a really strong feeling that Fobrin was you because you have a knack for picking a specific accent and holding through with it REALLY well. Great character, and again you showed me even more areas that I had no idea about with this character just like with Hunsobo. Honestly dude, love playing characters around you because every time I learn a hell of a lot more than I would otherwise. Good luck with the rest!
62922, RE: Righto then, enough's enough, eh? Wot?
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
By the way, I owe you a LOT for helping me find my aura and shield locations (which, btw, I think were far more awesome than yours :P) and I'm kinda sad, you never really got to the point of flirting with me *tear tear* granted my character is very much so a tomboy. *resist the urge to spam 'distract fo'
62958, Really enjoyable.
Posted by Klyndenstrom on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't have alot of runins with you butI enjoyed them. The whole accent I thought was interesting and always made me laugh. Nearly every time I saw you we would be taking an item, scepter, or codex. Very smart invoker and well played as to be expected.