Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Bonognogono the Seeker of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=62779
62779, (DELETED) [None] Bonognogono the Seeker of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 18 16:37:06 2007

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Bonognogono perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:43
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:111
62780, Noggy ho!
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well he was fun for 99% of his life. Then the #### hit the fan.

I paid for being sphere deception. Do I think I was overcharged? Sure, but thems the breaks. Do I think being killed/fulled/booted was over reacting? Yah.

I deleted because, even getting back in, it wasn't worth being in a cabal with people I could a) never trust again and b) resented the #### out of. Oh well, this is a step towards me only playing 1 char at a time, and maybe shaking the Thoric syndrome.

Specific goodbyes: I'll only mention a few. I had so much fun arr peeing with people as this smelly, pathologically lying, ego-driven gnome.

Perdray, our interactions RULED. I was sitting there giggling half the time. I especially liked my unicorn story:)

Djirra, it was fun.

Fretha, fun.

As you can see the steam is gone. See you in the feels. NOGGY HO!

62781, RE: Noggy ho!
Posted by Ilmdrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed you and our interactions even if I had to cut it short. Cool char
62786, I enjoyed it too
Your char rocks. So damn serious and mennacing, I tried to get you to crack a smile sometimes - I like to think the stinky little gnome who could actually (i hope) back up his talk got past that cold drow exterior.

Good work man, keep it up.
62782, What was the deal with your Saves?
Posted by Hamaramanu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even with #### save gear you would shrug off Sleep every time.

Nobody else could do that.

I posted it before, but 1 out of 8 successes is just wrong. Especially when You were AFK that one time and I managed to fail like 5 sleeps in a row on you.

Glad it was you and not who I was afraid it was.
62785, Treebeard
I think it was just gnome int/wis. I never geared too much for saves, though I did some.

I felt bad that I kept killing you, but Noggy was a little ####.
62789, I kept thinking. This HAS to be the one.
Posted by Hamaramanu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only had trouble with you and I had tagged a bunch of high int/wis chars with sleep.
62790, The incident
Posted by Folsa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sphere deception. Ok, now I can understand why you did what you did. Earlier in the day when that particular item was given to me, you must have looked at me four times and muttered.

I then die, and the item is gone. Oh well, it was taken by my killer. Then I log in later at the Tree right next to you and you immediately move. You come back wearing - not any pair of boots - but no boots at all.

Suspicion aroused. I mention it to Neyvered. Sure enough, he tells me he locates them on you. We both agree that you need to die. The plan is to take you learning in that area explore and I am going to kill you.

Linaeren logs in and is informed via tell by me what you have done. I can only assume that Neyvered told him as well. It's at this point I get a tell from Lin saying "Ney and I are discussing it."

I am left out of the loop. I go afk to the can and I come back and you've been nuked. Your corpse is skinned; your gear left on the ground. I took ONLY that item back.

===

deleted because, even getting back in, it wasn't worth being in a cabal with people I could a) never trust again

You are a sphere deception character.... THAT GOT CAUGHT RED HANDED. Of course you can't trust the cabal members anymore. This isn't Fort. Most of the evils _will_ kill you and are encouraged to do so. Most of the neutrals will do the same, especially after you got caught.

and b) resented the #### out of.

You got caught. You got killed. You did NOT get full looted. You did, however, get booted. You RPed deception well, but you need to make allowances that the leaders of that cabal need to RP, too. You say that you could never trust anyone in the cabal again. Well we can't trust you either, so why keep you around?

Lastly, you were told that appealing to Lyristeon might get you in. It's a tough road, but you could have pulled it off. I liked this character a lot until that minute.

Good luck on your next.

62791, Tough breaks txt
Posted by Neyveryd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
IC Neyveryd respects very few people. Folsa is one of those people. Neyveryd gave that item to Folsa because of that respect. Neyveryd isn't nice, period. He can be generous, but he is as likely to kill you as hook you up.

OOC I was thinking "With his legacy choices and spec choices, and considering the item this happened over and the class of the character who did him in, this dude should go battle and come back and spellbane my ass into misery". Couldn't say that to you, obviously. You had that option, or talking to Lyristeon. That you were sphere deception makes the whole thing make more sense. On the other hand, getting caught straight up in one of your deceptions by a half-crazy bastard of a Drow isn't neccessarily going to go unpunished. You wouldn't have gotten booted, I think, if you had made it more clear that you knew you ####ed up, but you didn't. Maybe Linaeren will opine.

Anyways, tough little gnome, sorry it went down like that.
62796, Liked the character.
Posted by Linaeren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this. I expected you to stick it out, I doubt it would have been hard. I was just trying to drive the point home that Bongo either seemed to miss or not care about. I'm surprised even more now to find out you were sphere deception considered how they nailed you. I'd think Bongo would have appreciated it. Would been interesting to see you get back in and earn our trust again, fun challenge for sphere deception maybe. Moot now. In the end, it was the reaction that got you the boot not the actual thievery, though that did piss me off. And you could have gotten back in to get your stuff it just would have been a pain in the ass.
62803, RE: Noggy ho!
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FWIW, I had no problem with what happened to you and I fully supported the way it was handled. I have no problem with what you did and if you had gotten away with it, it would have been smooth in my opinion. When you get caught for doing what you did, I don't care what your sphere is, it is your reaction that dictates the outcome. And your reaction definitely warranted the booting. As a sphere deception, you could have feigned ignorance and just handed it back and it might have worked. As far as trust goes, well, you broke it first, so pointing the finger at someone else as to why you lost it is kind of bleh. Good luck with the next.
62805, RE: Noggy ho!
Posted by Djrra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was gone by the time the whole fiasco happened. I liked your character. For what it's worth, I think the punishment was a bit harsh. You got killed, in an area explore and skinned with no way to get back to corpse, and booted. For thieving a pair of boots. I could understand two of those, but all three is overkill.

Your specs were.. flail/hand, right? How did you like them as a gnome?