Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Llor the Weaponsmaster
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=6272
6272, (DEL) Llor the Weaponsmaster
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 4 21:20:28 2002

11 o''clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Llor perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:None, None
Hours:133
PK Ratio:51% (closer to 100% is better)

6273, Not a whole lot to say.
Posted by Llor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(not long, just mostly stating my life and complaining a bit)
Llor was the bastard child of CF from day one.

I wanted to be a villager at first, yet was gangbanged by 3 ragers for the reason I was with a thief that was once with a mage! You evil-doer mage friend you!

Then I thought, well I could join Scions. But I'm not one for orders, and didn't really want it. So hey, let's try and rebuild Empire!

Huge mistake.

It's quite obvious that no one wants Empire back but the players. The day I sent that note, I had more enemies than anyone I've ever had. Evils stick with Scions, and when you make enemies with the world *AND* Scions, the world fights back. Never got one Immortal response, ever.

The one thing that didn't surprise me though, was the millions that wanted the bloodoath. I had 39 people take the oath before I stopped giving it, and numerous newbies say they wanted to join. I had like half the Scion cabal in on the deal....then I had this crazy idea, hey let's rank to hero!

Huge mistake.

Being a noncaballed warrior who is hated by everyone but the orc chieftain, Acallsho (I love you and I know it must have been pity), Llohuir, Mazomor and Naumajair (bastards, you just HAD to join Scions)...well, it blows. Also blows running around with mahn-tor axes and getting raped by gangbangs.

So hey, nothing is happening, praying a lot, no response from any Imperial gods or anything, so what now - ##### it, no more Empire. I drop it in hopes of surviving a bit, since literally, my whole pk range for about 75% of my life wanted me dead. So I start making friends, everything is fine and dandy...then Dullameh shows up.

Now I've been gangbanged a lot, I mean a WHOLE lot. I think once I was never looted, and like 5 times never fully looted. And I was just tired of it, so I start making friends - and Dullameh decides he needs to make an example of me. So he sleeps, spells, you know the drill - start singing Taps. Well I wake, and he asks me pretty much to beg for my life - there's like 6ish Scions in the room. I pretty much tell him to go to Hell - killed, fully looted from the oh, 7 pieces I had. What really pisses me off is I'm with Scions like all the time before that, and he just returns for the evening and says "Hey, I remeber you - now ya gotta die" and just ##### over any plans of me having fun.

At that point, I really wanted to delete. I was about to, but Llohuir talked me into trying to survive but it just didn't take. I had tried praying to Llorenthos, then Agathocles, then Zulghinlour, then Saraba (I had a little run of "##### the world" in me), and he was asking me to pray to Mynawk - I had been the bastard child who no one wanted to deal with since day 1, it wasn't going to change. Llor believed in the gods, but at that point, truly hated them all.

To everyone who knew me, nice meeting you.
To everyone who I beat, it wasn't easy.
To everyone who beat me, good job and to hell with you }>.
To everyone who ganged and fully looted, sleep well at nite dicks.
To all the people that enjoyed the ride, you did more than I ever would.

To all the Imms, what's wrong with me? Am I that horrible that I never ONCE got a response? I'm serious, like NEVER got one response, and I was doing damn good for a non-caballed warrior who had the world on his back.
Also to the Imms, why make it so hard for a level 40 warrior to work on his second spec? I mean, ok, I can realize that you need to fight stuff your level at 20 so you don't perfect stuff on kobolds. But making me work on charge set on stuff that was near-hero....nah, that's just wrong. Practicing at 40 should be like practicing stuff at 20, so you don't have to pick your defensive specs first so you can practice them.

About legacies...never pick Trapped under Thunder and Fist of the Titans in a plan to do major damage. Sure, Trapped helps in damage, but Fists helps you wear like 10-15 more pounds. What's that mean in the long run? You can't wear jack for heavy axes (I wanted 2 soulslayer axes which were 47 pounds, and pre-fist I had a 47 and 10 pound axe - with fist, i had a 47 pound axe, and 19 pound axe), so Fists was just a waste of a legacy for me. Also the fact it doesn't help at all if you're weakened, which I hoped it would have, but we can't have everything we want.

Think I'm done. If I didn't mention you, I'm just not in the mood to think of everyone, sorry. Llor was a great char that just slowly went swirling down the drain of boring death.

"My heart, my soul, my life for the Empire"
"The what?"

Llor
6284, RE: Not a whole lot to say.
Posted by Krivohan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Poor guy I honestly felt sorry for you, but look at it from my perspective. Your initial letter came out stating how Scion was a fraud and stole everything from the Empire and such. Then later in life you wanted to reject it all and follow the beast. You had to be made an example of to prevent someone trying it again in the future. It also didn't help your caus eto start babbling about things over I had told the cabal, because then I knew you had spies in teh Chasm which made matters worse. Anyway good attempt and surprised you stuck it out as long as you did. Peace.
6285, Funny thing is...
you never got them ;)
You called Cherock a spy I think, but he was far from it. Like the
only one who didn't want Empire. The rest...well good luck finding
them :P

Llor
6282, RE: Not a whole lot to say.
Posted by Dullameh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually, I was really rooting for you as a player.

I saw your note way back when, and really hoped that you'd bring back Empire. I didn't think it would happen, but I was glad someone was trying. IC, though, Dullameh saw a threat (it would divide his forces if it was successful) and an insult.

If I did piss you off and push you over the edge and into deletion, I'm sorry. Sometimes stuff you do IC doesn't exactly mesh with stuff you want to do as a player. Zandrumial can attest to that. :P

Good luck with your next. I hope you have more fun with it.
6283, Everyone was cheering me on...
...but killing me in the game :P
It's why all my help came from level 5-20 newbies.

Oh well,

Llor
6280, RE: Not a whole lot to say.
Posted by Random Thinker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't play much anymore, and I rarely ever post. But I still read the forums and I still talk with people who play, so I'd heard about 'this guy trying to rebuild the Empire.' I was excited, to be honest. I'd had it as a long-term goal of a character in several roles that never came to fruition (you should see all the never-used roles I have lying around), but I'd never gone about it in the same way you did. I hoped you'd succeed, but I was fairly sure you wouldn't, if only because CF can't totally support the current number of cabals, much less one more.

That's just for background to show that I was generally on your side. Now some critique.

>I wanted to be a villager at first
Have consistency in a character. By level 10 at the latest, your character should be etched in stone. Consistency is going to be a big theme in this post.

>So hey, let's try and
>rebuild Empire!
Great. But stick with your idea.

>It's quite obvious that no one wants Empire back but the
>players. The day I sent that note, I had more enemies than
>anyone I've ever had.
This is just a side-comment on a contradictory statement.

>I drop it in hopes of surviving a bit, since
>literally, my whole pk range for about 75% of my life wanted
>me dead.
Tsk tsk. You're aiming to be an Emperor. Emperor's don't suddenly "drop it" just because it's not going well. It's small wonder you didn't get immortal response if you aren't consistent with something as HUGE as rebuilding a cabal.

>I had tried praying to Llorenthos, then
>Agathocles, then Zulghinlour, then Saraba (I had a little
>run of "##### the world" in me), and he was asking me to
>pray to Mynawk - I had been the bastard child who no one
>wanted to deal with since day 1, it wasn't going to change.
>Llor believed in the gods, but at that point, truly hated
>them all.
Here we go again. First off, Llorenthos was never a god (to my knowledge, I could be wrong). Agathocles is very clearly dead and Mynawk. Zulghinlour "sold the Empire out" to Scion, for lack of a better phrase. Saraba -- wtf? This is where things really get weird. I see all too much of running back to what you "know" when you get your ass beat at the new stuff. Saraba and the Empire are so diametrically opposed that I can't imagine the immortals doing anything but shaking their heads at that. With Mynawk, we continue on this awkard tangent of making a new goal that's completely the opposite of our old goal. Ah yes, I definitely see the connection between 'hating the structures of society' and 'wanting to rebuild the Empire.'

If this is ridiculously harsh and makes you cry, well, sorry, but you shouldn't be crying over a game. Hopefully this will help. That's its intention.
6281, I shouldn't reply but...
>I don't play much anymore, and I rarely ever post. But I
>still read the forums and I still talk with people who play,
>so I'd heard about 'this guy trying to rebuild the Empire.'
>I was excited, to be honest. I'd had it as a long-term goal
>of a character in several roles that never came to fruition
>(you should see all the never-used roles I have lying
>around), but I'd never gone about it in the same way you
>did. I hoped you'd succeed, but I was fairly sure you
>wouldn't, if only because CF can't totally support the
>current number of cabals, much less one more.
>
>That's just for background to show that I was generally on
>your side. Now some critique.
>

I know who you are, and honestly don't like you }>
But I'll stick to being nice.

>>I wanted to be a villager at first
>Have consistency in a character. By level 10 at the latest,
>your character should be etched in stone. Consistency is
>going to be a big theme in this post.

Eh I was mastering weapons for a warrior I know I wanted, but
didn't know what I wanted. I got ganged, so hey, there goes that
option.

>>So hey, let's try and
>>rebuild Empire!
>Great. But stick with your idea.

I did for 80-90 hours.

>>It's quite obvious that no one wants Empire back but the
>>players. The day I sent that note, I had more enemies than
>>anyone I've ever had.
>This is just a side-comment on a contradictory statement.

Enemies - Scions/Warlocks/etc
Friends - noncabals/newbies

>>I drop it in hopes of surviving a bit, since
>>literally, my whole pk range for about 75% of my life wanted
>>me dead.
>Tsk tsk. You're aiming to be an Emperor. Emperor's don't
>suddenly "drop it" just because it's not going well. It's
>small wonder you didn't get immortal response if you aren't
>consistent with something as HUGE as rebuilding a cabal.

80-90 hours of consistancy is enough in my opinion from SOMETHING.
I don't care if zulghinlour pissed on my head from the clouds,
SOMETHING is better than nothing.

>>I had tried praying to Llorenthos, then
>>Agathocles, then Zulghinlour, then Saraba (I had a little
>>run of "##### the world" in me), and he was asking me to
>>pray to Mynawk - I had been the bastard child who no one
>>wanted to deal with since day 1, it wasn't going to change.
>>Llor believed in the gods, but at that point, truly hated
>>them all.
>Here we go again. First off, Llorenthos was never a god (to
>my knowledge, I could be wrong). Agathocles is very clearly
>dead and Mynawk. Zulghinlour "sold the Empire out" to
>Scion, for lack of a better phrase. Saraba -- wtf? This is
>where things really get weird. I see all too much of
>running back to what you "know" when you get your ass beat
>at the new stuff. Saraba and the Empire are so
>diametrically opposed that I can't imagine the immortals
>doing anything but shaking their heads at that. With
>Mynawk, we continue on this awkard tangent of making a new
>goal that's completely the opposite of our old goal. Ah
>yes, I definitely see the connection between 'hating the
>structures of society' and 'wanting to rebuild the Empire.'

Llorenthos had a river named after him, and it was my role that
I was named after him - I wanted to revive his spirit to talk
about the Empire. Thror told me no god truly dies, so maybe
Agathocles would answer. Mynawk, was the last hour of my char.

I decided for Saraba at about 90 hours because of a lot of long
talks with Sandahl, Initiate of the Great Wild Beast. It fit in,
that I was being betrayed and saw how blind everyone was.

>If this is ridiculously harsh and makes you cry, well,
>sorry, but you shouldn't be crying over a game. Hopefully
>this will help. That's its intention.

Nah, won't make me cry - I still hate you though }>

6279, RE: Not a whole lot to say.
Posted by DwE. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping you'd bring back Empire too. But. You turned into a corpse factory and every log where you died raised the "I'm a victim" flag (whether or not it was deserved I won't argue) and I knew it wasn't going to happen.

Still, I'd say you rattled the dragon in its cage and no mortal has done that for a while.

Still waiting for an Emperor,
DwE.
6276, I don't really feel like replying
Posted by Yekirat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I will.

Your first problem was the blatant venting on Dioxides forums. Bad idea. Whining about being gangbanged and showing it for the world to see will only get you ganked a lot more.

You were a decent character, but pretty high on yourself. I'm not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but I taxed your ass during the Scion Llor chase. I didn't have the heart to call a nightwalker, because that would have made it that much eastier. (Granted, you were half dressed, but still, what is a 65 damroll compared to a 35 when you just can't hit me?). So your other fault was your bragging about how perfected your skills were. Don't do that.

As a player, I truly was hoping for something to happen with the Empire resurrection. I'm not foolish enough to take some lame bloodoath offered by a warrior less skilled than me, but I was sure hoping you would succeed or at least get the ball rolling. Kudos for trying.

And stick to your guns, you'll be much more satisfied in the long run.
6277, I have to reply to this...
I had a 30 pound axe, not a real heavy one, which changes the fight
A LOT with my legacy. And one weaponbreaker, and you defend like a
school girl with a scabbed knee. I may be high on my own skills, but
don't come here trying to say you took pity on me - it was an even
match between us, and you know it. One weaponbreaker ruins your day,
just like any other warrior.

Lor
6278, Yah, except no
Posted by Yekirat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your legacy bumps up damage maybe 25 hitpoints a shot with a heavier axe, so that really doesn't matter. When I fought you underwater, I was at 850 hitpoints, you were writhing. You cannot weaponbreak two of my spears. I had haste, stoneskin, and shield at my disposal (which I did not use due to the lack of threat you posed).

j00 4r3 min3, fuX0r.
6275, making enemies
Posted by Avastin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed fine to me until you got the herald killed in your efforts to get gear for yourself.

I pretended I didn't know the area (because Avastin had not yet set foot there, even though I know it well) and after our groupmate died you tried to recall leaving me there. Then you threaten me for not going back to retrieve your gear for you?!

No wonder you had so many enemies at hero. I was waiting for you to try to make good on your threat. Whether you won or lost that fight, would not make your actions any more correct.

I also thought some of the logs you posted showed good planning on the part of your enemies, but you just complained about them. Sometimes you have to give credit where it is due.
6274, cult of the GWB
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I began watching you after Sandahl mentioned you to me. Given your
past of hopping from cause to cause, I'll admit my first reaction
wasn't positive. But I watched to see how you interacted with others,
how you handled hunting, getting killed, etc. You can preach some-
thing til you're blue in the face, but living the life is tougher.
And aside from only a cursory understanding of the GWB lifestyle, you
seemed awfully close to going OOC each time you died, explaining away
your death on a failed disembowel or an unfortunate (fill in blank).
My advice is, if you're trying to get into a CF religion (especially
one with a tyrant like me), then either commit and risk it, or don't
bother.