Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=61862
61862, (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 23 16:36:44 2007

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Xilia perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:466
62005, Good job Xilia.
Posted by Pissudin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The amount of beating you went trough without loosing the sportsmanship was enough to make me admire you. But that was not your main achievment, you did a great job with leadership. On your early days it was you on the Nexus, and by the time you died, you had helped raise the Cabal to a force on the lands, great job on that.

Good luck with your next.

62007, Should have traded forms with you.
Posted by Xilia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's really nice, and thanks much for the compliment....Almost makes me want to roll another :(.

Pissudin better keep kicking ass.
Or else.
62004, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Brinkmun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good char, you played the permanent punching bag too well....hahahhaa I really did like xilla, from every aspect I saw. Well done, try to be not so suicidal next time ya, later

D
62006, Hehe...Thanks, I think.
I couldn't help but be suicidal with her, it did get annoying though, believe me.

You were awesome!
61995, Bleh.
Posted by Sybea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, what can I say? I loved Xilia. Suicidal, upbeat gnomes always had a place in my heart. Ha. We had some extremely long roleplay sessions at the Island, and all of them enjoyable. I have no idea how you died before Istalin!

I think I have a few logs of us messing around with your different forms, as well as a log of the two of us sitting at the Island with Sybea's temper tantrum and Xilia's "Get the hell off the floor, you baby" answers. I'll try to remember to post up once I delete and whatnot.
61999, Suicidal, upbeat gnome....Hah! I like how you put it.
Aww, thank you much. I loved Sybea. Definately a cool character.
The entire Nililah/Kadma deal made me laugh myself to death with the echoes, it was nicely done.
Put any logs you have, I don't mind at all! I miss Xilia. :(

But yes, I sincerely enjoyed Sybea. That kick-ass attitude with a possibility to be nice, as long as you tread carefully around her---Whoo! Good stuff. Loved messing around with you, loved speaking with you, and YOU really helped me keep in the RP when nobody else would interact with me. Thanks much for that.

Sybea, for the win.
Istalin better not die too soon....
62056, RE: Suicidal, upbeat gnome....Hah! I like how you put it.
Posted by Sybea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That whole deal with Nilliah was complete hogswallow, but I enjoyed watching those echoes pop up, seriously. I tried very much to handle the whole deal IC, but that quickly melted away when the person's second character started pestering me about having to like them because they were the opposite of their last character. Bleh.

My few favorite times with you were Sirines, "Stop whining, Sybea", and the vial of demon ejaculation or whatever it was. Watching you get smited had me rolling... since it was me who told you to eat it..

Ahem. Thanks for a great time.
61987, Nice character
Posted by Mreeshai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked having Xilia around, she was nice, although somewhat annoying gnome. The linguist theme gave Xilia a nice scholarly approach. The downside is that people generally don't know their racial languages, so you aren't going to get any scout points for using them to the people of said races. In general, felar use the three words or so as a facade of actually knowing the language(which are easy enough for others to guess from context, as you can present them a way that makes it possible) and it's seen as bad form to wreck other people's RP by trying to check their language skills.

Anyway, nice char, good luck with your next!

Mreeshai Varsh'nai
61998, Oh, yes, the Language was amazingly fun.
Ran to the Lyceum at a lower level, and just sat there. Read EVERYTHING I could language wise, and tried to memorize it.

I really wanted to pull the language thing with all the races, but as you said, half the people had no clue what I was talking about.
Slightly depressed me. It was always "Oh....Well...I'm from somewhere else and never spoke my races language."
Never really tried to wreck other people's RP by checking language skills, but I was basically BEGGING for someone else to know a bit of the languages--I was hoping for some fun interaction, honestly.

I went for both the slightly scholarly approach, but as well wanted to seem a bit strange. I really hope I did well in both, and any criticism would be well worth it--I'd listen.

Power to the Mreeshai!

Mree=Felar=Beauty.
61980, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never interacted much with this char. Been messing around a bit on weekends and our times didnt really mesh other than few times I saw you on.

One observation....HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PK DEATHS...just horrible I tells ya! Dying to ragers weakens the veil I thought!! Come on girl, use some WANDS!!!!

Post some logs though, seemed like a well liked char. Good luck with your next.

62001, Horrible Pk deaths...Yeah. But I truly enjoyed them.
I thickened the Veil A LOT, but always, ALWAYS tried to keep thinning it. At low levels and high alike, raping the Sirine Island was the quickest way to fix it.
Wands, pssht....Who needs'um? Ragers didn't use them, why should I?

Believe me, though, I went looking for them a few times. I had a few at lower ranks I gathered from unfamiliar areas.
I'll see what logs I can gather--None of them are too swell.

You would have hated me for the last fight I had.
Me as Yeti against Raatok TOTALLY naked. He didn't use weapons or anything. He still won. Really demoralizing.
61968, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Its Bink on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

There is so much to say that I'll just wait for you to gimme a personal g'bye and respond to it. But the best I can come up with is that today when I found out that you con died... I actually got sad (RL). Le sigh.

Bink.
61970, Yrillbink!
We can just have a chat here. That works for me.
You were Xilia's love and bane.
She adored how you acted at times, and couldn't cope with others.
I really liked your character, it seemed very original to me, and I was suprised at how well you tred the line between insanity and...Balance. I hated I died right then, and I didn't mean to pressure you RL to get my things, was just hoping they'd make it to the Nexun pit.

Poem wise, I was never too sure. I enjoyed some of yours exceptionally, but others either just passed over my head, or I didn't understand too horribly well.
I hope you do a great job as Rhyme, and I really hope to interact with Bink in another Char.
ANSWER BACK!
61973, RE: Yrillbink!
Posted by Its Bink on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I thought you were great. I loved the gung ho attitude. You were just someone liked because of no reason. Someone who was likeable? Lol. I first thought I'll take you wand hunting, then get you bad ass preps then get you a 1400hp set and just when I was done thinking I said 'Hey wait' she seems to be havin' fun, wtf should I turn her into a YAP (yet another powergamer) for? and I duely decide to just go with the flow with you about.

The whole insanity confused with chaos thing is really what keeps me going now that the enemies are are too few or way too many. I just sit sometimes and yell Conch Rats at random intervels. Heh. U left the glass mages strong before goin' so no complains.

We were two completely opposite minded individuals. You were all...lets fix stuff peacefully and I was all 'Okay, who next?' but together you made me a little more calm and I made you a little more blooody. Just the way the Rhyme and Meter bond should be. This in one of the reasons I'll miss you the most (besides you being a fellow floofie... btw is floofie an ooc word to use?)

There Rp gets hard to keep up with, but le sigh, now that you are gone I'm a tad bit more among humourless husks or mass murder. Come back... and fast!
62008, Gung-ho for great justice.
I really agree with you, it was a perfect match for Meter and Rhyme--The peace and the insanity.
But goodness, you REALLY pegged that whole insanity thingy.
Hehe, I'll interact with you on another char, no worries--I truly hope to.

Keep owning as Rhyme, luck to you.
61960, Died before I did? How?
Posted by Istalin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun running about with you and I really liked Xilia.
Hope you had at least a little fun running around with me.
Good luck with your next one. ^_^
61961, Loved Istalin
Still wished I had some of your forms.....God.

A little fun? I had an enormous amount of fun travelling with Istalin, I always enjoyed it.
The Sybea + Istalin thing I enjoyed much, it allowed me to play-off a little bit of a "Awww"esque talk, and I loved every moment of it.
And yes, I really liked Istalin--Don't die yet!
Die soon, though, I'm lonely in Hell, and Dante isn't as enjoyable as I thought......Damnable Circles.
61955, Noooooooo!
Posted by Berak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, took some time. You outlived my three past chars. :D All of them interakted with you to some extent. Always alot of fun to be around you or fight you. :D (Met you with Berak, Cedek and Maynak)

Excelent char. All my chars liked Xilia, and I of course really liked you. :D

I sure hope we'll interact some more in the future.
61956, You were all three?
That's pretty cool!
I really enjoyed Berak more than the others, and loved the style of play.
I feel special with the compliment, thank you kindly.

Yeah, I was hoping I could die to a Rager or something of the like, but it ended up that four Emperials or so jumped on me when I was trying to kill Centurions. Yeah....Stupid of me to attack when there was that many, but Xilia always did just kinda' charge into things.

Once again, beautiful character, Berak was amazing.
I hated you impaling me. You bastard.
61941, Prothero. You are losing your mind. nt
Posted by LarcatAnon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61947, Losing = Lost.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm more curious now than I ever was who this is. I've never met a Graatch Char that I liked and I thought this was the first.
61949, Don't kill yourself over it.
You're just a failure, that's all. It's not too bad.
Motivational words.
61951, Poor fellow....Don't be too hard on him. NT
I see a red door and I want it painted black......
61917, [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you have a goodbye thread somewhere else where you say your own goodbye's? I don't see any except you replying to others here. Real sorry I didn't get to fight you with no weapons like the other feller did. Their were so many times I said to myself that I wish you wern't a mage as I really liked your char, the way you took everything in stride and found myself defending the way you acted to others.
I knew you had to have done something stupid when I seen you heading up that way as fox. Don't feel too bad I fell to em not much later, two anti-paladins, an out of range healer, two bards and a warrior.
Will rather miss you. You were one of the few enemies that I enjoyed our interactions even if I did feel bad about seeing you with those forms and never using wands, why...?
If you truly have some pain fetish like not using wands maybe you should try playing a villager, that way at least you get to inflict pain sometimes too. Until we meet again lady.
61926, Thanks much!
I don't have a goodbye thread, but I'll be starting one up, I do think.
If the fighting without a weapon reference is from Raatok fighting me NOT ONLY without a weapon, but entirely naked--Then yeah.....You could have done it as well, you were damn awesome.
"Their were so many times I said to myself that I wish you wern't a mage as I really liked your char, the way you took everything in stride and found myself defending the way you acted to others."
If you really meant that, that's pretty nice. Thanks a lot for it--I felt like....Nobody really liked the char's actions too much during a lot of her life.
The wands......yeah....About those.
61928, She was waiting for the Unicorn Pendants to come in. =) n/t
n/t
61902, Oh, no...stxt
Posted by Rloun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems villagers had brought your last head to the Gods of War *smile*. Mines are next. I will miss you and our 'veil thinning' work!
61908, Suprisingly, wasn't the Ragers, but the Empire. All four of them.
Got raped, for great justice.
Yeah, having you around per Babou and other Invokers not being present was a blessing.
I'd run out of all other items to turn into the Veil except for those awesome scrolls.
Of course, you should have gotten more for me you lazy bastar'!

Thanks again for the help, though.
61901, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved this character, sorry to have let you down and all.
What time I had hanging around you was fun. :) Keep it up
and roll another one when you get a chance.

-Dalgorin.
61915, You bastard!
You were awesome! I loved Dalgorin. Just wished you would have been more present.

I've all ready rolled another, hopefully better to fit my times with school.
Once again, bastard!
61900, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were like a song you hate when you first hear it, but then it's played so often it grows on you, yet deep down you know you should still hate it.

This is a compliment by the way :) Good job, and good luck with your next.
61914, Great analogy for her, hah.
I felt the same at times, hated being Xilia. Got damn hard sometimes, other times horribly dramatic, and I tried SO hard to be annoying. I just hope I struck that chord.

Thanks for the compliment, and the luck.
I'll take both and use them for great justice.
61871, Can I out you?
A good character.

That time you ####ed with Thuul and the sex change was great!
61873, You can out the Hell outa' me!
I loved Thuul, I think I covered all that in his goodbyes.

Definately my favorite Minotaur character EVER.
61874, Graatch. n/t
61875, Failure. Nope.
asdad
61877, Huh. I was sure. I even went so far as to plant a secret message
A month ago so I could say, I KNEW IT! and not sound like I was on the bandwagon.

If you don't reveal the Playa, I'm going to assume you are fibbing. =)
61907, So what's the message? (nt)
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So what's the message?
61913, I'm with the other guy--What's the message? NT
asdasddas
61919, When Dio's comes back up I'll show you. =) n/t
sgv
61927, You'll never catch me! NT
Underdog....When criminals of this world appear, etc.
61931, Here it is.
http://www.qhcf.net/cforum/char/vpost.pl?21286
61952, That ain' nothin'.
Hah.
Made me chuckle.
61882, You're insane.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know who it is, but ain't no way a character who burns through this much con this way is Graatch.

No offense, Xilia!
61885, I got evidence!
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a silver bullet in fact.

I just figured Graatch was turning over a new leaf.

61910, Evidence Schmevidence.
See, since I said Evidence beside another word that's a take-off of it, everything you say doesn't count.
That's how it works around here.
All of your base are belong to us, etc.

But nope, not Gratch.
61918, A Russian?
If that's the case, I never would have seen that comming.

Well played and enjoyable character.
61921, Haha....Russians......
I should play off a Russian exit, that would be pretty suprising.

Thanks for the props!
61909, No offense taken....
I felt I should have lost some Char-Weight burning all that Con!*waits for a forced laugh*

But yeah, loved the character, never got to see Daevryn, made me sad.
61904, Xilia was talking about having her 17th birthday. Graatch is like, 5 times that old. n/t
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61905, Yup. Graatch is 85. nt
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61911, Was a damn good Birfday, too. Got one o' those Ipod thingies. NT
Lolly lolly lolly, get your adverbs here.
61922, Graatch.
I'm sure of it.

You're trying to hard to deflect, and there isn't a 17year old on Earth that remembers classic School House Rock. =)

Don't make me come looking for you damn it.
61932, You can't catch me, currently I'm a man made from muffin! NT
Froggy wenta' courtin' and he did ride, mhmmmmmmm
61940, You listen to too much Zappa. nt
Posted by LarcatAnon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61944, You can never listen to enough Zappa.......
Or Rolling Stones, for that matter.
Still, I'm horribly fond of Richie Havens.
61982, God Bless The Child
Posted by oldschool on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
who listens to Richie Havens.
61967, Not that you care...But I'm listening to a lot more Richie Havens at the moment. Lovin' it.
Minstrel from Gault
61916, Guess I wasn't the only one who found that remarkable nt
Posted by Leprechaun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61950, I feel special.
And stuff.
61924, Her writting isn't typical of a 17 year old girl.
It's closer to a 35 year old man acting like a 17 year old girl.
61925, I know this because I've tried to cyber too many 17 year old "girls". n/t
I kid. =)
61936, You jest, good sir! NT
For great justice.
61938, I am kidding, but you aren't 17.
You're Graatch suffering from an(other) existential melt down.

Seriously I came by this conclusion because of a few key words you used on the forums, the timming of your posts and his and the similarity to his Eulinda (SP?).

And it occures to me I was denied from Dio's because I admitted to having that secret little post I tacked onto a random 2003 post.
61945, I'm not Graatch, and I am 17. Just turned in August. The 28th to be accurate.
Being Graatch would be fun though, wouldn't it?

I should have a Sartre styled existential melt-down. Those are the fun ones.
61948, Shouldn't give out the B-Day online.
Bounty hunters will come and get ya! Seriously, I tracked down a number of peeps here (By request) and that's a good thing to know.

I'm baffled by this, honest to Gawd. You did a bang up job with this character made all the more impressive by knowing this. If you want to remain incognito I understand, but I gots ta know, so If you want you can email me.

eprothero502@yahoo.com
61959, Sure, I'll send you a lil' somethin' somethin'.
And it hopefully won't be cited from Tubgirl.com.
Nobody seems to enjoy that.
61935, I'm quite flattered. But who said I'm female?
BUM BUM BUM!
Honestly, though, thanks much for the "writting" comment. I'm guessing you meant writing.
61906, This is the worst guess in the history of man. (n/t)
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
61912, Acquiesced NT
Har' har' har'.
61920, I got a smoking gun man.
Xilia tells you 'I'm Graatch deary!'
61923, Har'! I loved talking like that.....
Honestly, the speech patterns of the beautiful Xilia always tickled me to death. Even I, though, got annoyed after a sufficient amount of beautifuls and dears were said.
61942, Stop sniffing the smoke. Heh. nt
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61864, YUH!
Posted by Smuerlk_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well played.

Come back harder and stronger with your next effort.

Smuerlk
61869, I'm gunna' try to.
Loved Smuerlk. Helped you die, helped you live.
Best thing was having you owe me favors, ALL other Orcs always would help me knowing that.
Not to mention, locating corpses for you was always funny.

Wish I would have gotten to see more Smuerlk-fights, though.
61863, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Xilia the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Meter of Mind
Posted by Bindlehund on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well you lasted a lot longer than I expected, good job :P
61870, Fargin' drunkard!
Should have stuck around more, loved how this character acted.

I felt bad about how much I lauged when you got stuck in the avalanche......I mean, I was pissing it was so funny. Of course, I got in my share of stupid deaths as well, most likely more.
61889, RE: Fargin' drunkard!
I laughed most of the time when I died, just...afterwards :P I get pretty pissed about things like that but eh oh well. You were cool to hang around with and I interacted with you a slight bit with my current character but not a great deal. I think I laughed like crazy when you showed up with a martini out of nowhere when we were going to go leveling :P The drinking thing I just decided to keep from when I was playing Verakh and Xoclibert. *playing his second non-nexun character after a year and a half of CF*
61937, RE: Fargin' drunkard!
Before I forget, you should IM me sometime, I had something I was going to ask you :P PaulTR88 on AIM, Niris88@hotmail on MSN or email works, PaulTR@Gmail.com